[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be reasonable to assume that videogame or entertainment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Would it be reasonable to assume that videogame or entertainment companies shares will rise when they release a highly hyped product?
When Pokemon GO was released, Nintendos share price skyrocketed (even though Niantic was mostly responsible for the game), and i think this is a common case for many other companies when they release a product with alot of hype around it.
What would be the downsides to buying shares you would expect to skyrocket like this?
>>
>>1553498

Buy the hype, sell the news
>>
>>1553498
The problem is once you buy in to the hype, you're already too late, since by the time you stock up on nintendo, the hype is already decreasing and then at the peak of the hype, smart people will soon realize that the stock will soon become (almost) worthless and won't buy your shitty stock.

I think.
>>
>>1553507
Wouldn't it be viable then, using Nintendo as an example again, to buy as soon as the release is announced. There's no hype before that, but interest will build up afterwards. Or, buy close to the release date.
Then, sell shortly after the release. You may not be able to maximise profits because the price could still go up or down after you sell, but you could still make a good profit.
>>
>>1553518
how do you know that the release wont be dogshit and cause the stock to go down?
>>
>>1553525
There has to be a point where people realise that its dogshit. It wont be exactly on the release, maybe a few days or a week or so afterwards, but until then the hype (and price) will mostly go up.
The point is you sell before that happens, even if its right on the release date, to be safe. You might not get the best price you can get, but you'll profit and stay out of the eventual drop.
Of course then there's other things to consider. Like if you want to hold on until things like merchandise or other products come along.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.