[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this website legit? Will we ever see a crash along the lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is this website legit? Will we ever see a crash along the lines of 2008 in the near future? Is financial economics really bullshit?
>>
>>1552529
>Is financial economics really bullshit?
It's just that it's not as empirically based as many hard sciences.
Which means many adherents can have competing opinions that could all be viewed as accurate.
>>
>>1552540
I know that.

I mean is Austrian economics right when they say that you can't use empirical thought to model human behavior.
>>
ZH is nothing more than sensationalist clickbait. It's the lowest form of news

>Will we ever see a crash along the lines of 2008 in the near future?

Yes, you'll probably see about three by the time you retire. It doesn't mean the world is ending.

>Is financial economics really bullshit?

If economics were a math problem, then it would have an infinite number of variables. This isn't even counting the inherent biases of the individuals calculating it. Because of this, a Ouija board is about as reliable as any single economists predictions.
>>
>>1552556
Does that last point invalidate schools of economics like Keynesianism, Monetarism, etc.?
>>
>>1552545
You can use it to MODEL human behavior but you have to expect some deviance from that model.
Humans are machines, but we're extremely complex machines.
>>
File: central banks projected.jpg (258KB, 1100x582px) Image search: [Google]
central banks projected.jpg
258KB, 1100x582px
Ignore that top banner they are click bait sponsored links to keep the site running.

The main articles are generally good
Occasionally great
>>
>>1552618
I mean it has good graphs, I just can't understand why they make the analyses that they do using said graphs

If you predict an economic collapse or some kind of catastrophic event every single day of every single year, you'll probably be right- the same way that if i guess every possible number on a calculus test, I'll be right at some point, and if we put a bunch of monkeys with typewriters, they might eventually churn out Shakespeare

That doesn't mean you're a god of finance or economics
>>
>>1552529
The website is legit. However, you should be listening to economists to sort of 'balance' your view- Peter schiff, icahn, talk about really basic economics and fundamentals and why things are wrong. Zerohedge is good for political stuff that relates to economics, and they source their articles from a variety of other sources, however, you need to take what they say with a grain of salt.

If you're a sheep, go back to bloomberg and CNN and whatever bluepill media you watch. Peter schiff preached the dotcom AND gfc years before they happened, and he is preaching that the fed is the main problem for the economy. And he is fully fucking right. I'm not going to spoonfeed, but yet again, the man is going to prove himself a genuinely knowledgeable man, when this coming correction comes. Europac made heaps of money for clients in 08 as the years before they had shorts on the credit default swaps. He is in on gold now.

>find an economist you like
>find a site like ZH for extremist redpill views
>make up your mind as to whether it is correct

i'll debate the fuck out of anyone saying the market is healthy right now. free money is not indefinite and after the election, to quote schiff on the dozens of times, "the fed will abandon the pretense that the economy is strong, and that we have had a real recovery since the financial crisis"
>>
>>1552676
I'm no expert, and I have only limited knowledge of Schiff, but, from what I have seen and heard, he just seems to always be bearish on his outlook, and allegedly half his predictions were wrong. He's been predicting crashes practically every year, so he was right a few times.

But this seems to be a common theme, where economists talk up the times they were right, not the other 20-50% of the times they were wrong or way off base.

Thoughts on Agora Financial Publishing?
They publish -
The Daily Reckoning
Moneyweek magazine
And books which always predict doom and gloom...
Thoughts on James Rickards?
(often published through the above channels, all seem to shill each other)

They were predicting a huge crash in 2014 which would be 'the end of Britain' then never mentioned it again.
>>
>>1552529

Left wants a financial collapse. Would force a depresion and every one except .01% to be rich without a middle class.

Then they can force their regime on everyone when their asking the gov't for help. Because who bites the hand that feeds them even if its just bread when ur starving.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.