[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad or stupid that I want to be a PE teacher to younger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: gym.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
Is it bad or stupid that I want to be a PE teacher to younger students to make sure a younger generation at least has the right tools into becoming a stronger version of themselves. I would teach PE and probably health, perhaps even teach sports teams. I will be done at community college this coming fall, then I have 2 years at a university. I hope I am going down the right path, meaning I hope I make some good money doing this because exercise science and the related field are one of the only things that I know im good at
>>
>>1552393

As a PE teacher in high school you will have relatively low income. If you live in a low cost geography and are frugal you can do just fine. Expect few luxuries and learn to live within your means.

You may find real passion in what you do and be successful. A big demon that may haunt you is feeling like you gave up a 'better' life for this passion and then the kids are just brats that have no respect and you aren't changing lives. But your virtue is a good one and you should follow it.

Frankly, you statement that you are at a very small scale, community college means that this level of job will be ok and you won't be a chasing a classic prestige path job that you aren't qualified for on paper. You will also have low debt, I hope. Good work there.

This kind of job is amazing for work-life balance- very 9-5, no taking work home on a real level, very secure if you don't do stupid things like sexually involve yourself with students, you might even give you tenure at some point depending on the school. May have summers off! You can easily start a side gig if you want. I'd start a Youtube channel with this life and see if I could grow that as well on the side.
>>
>>1552393
You just want to stare at teenage girl buts in gym shorts.
>>
>>1552393
Gotta say, even if your real goal isn't this >>1552409, lots of people will assume it is.
>>
>>1552407
Appreciate the advice. I am at a community college because its right across the street from my house and its cheaper, I was doing my first 2 years there and I am almost done. I already am frugal, but I would like to be able to provide for my future children properly. I know my income wont be great, but I was looking for atleast 45-50k a year and perhaps grow with that. I havent made a solid decision yet about being a gym teacher, it just seems attainable and I will do well in the classes for it. Do you have any other ideas that I could make more doing but keep the same virtue and value as what I want to do?
>>
>>1552393
PE doesn't teach you anything, it's just forcing kids to exercise once a week.
Health is just a politically correct name for sex ed; they might mention the food pyramid but won't actually teach you anything about nutrition.
>>
>>1552501
>>1552409
That never even crossed my mind, I am not a slave to my sexual urges so I have complete control. It isnt even something that I have to consider since it will never happen.
>>
>>1552534
Unless you can control how other people think though, my point still stands.
>>
>>1552393

My buddy is a PE teacher. It's pretty comfy.
>>
>>1552575
I actually can control how other people think, I can say im not attracted to either gender. Or if they go on about women ill say im gay.
>>
>>1552577
Can you go into more detail about that?
>>
>>1552583
>I actually can control how other people think
You should probably drop out of the race, Donald.
>>
>>1552534
>That never even crossed my mind, I am not a slave to my sexual urges so I have complete control. It isnt even something that I have to consider since it It will never happen.
>It isnt even something that I have to consider
> it will never happen.
There are over 7.000.000.000 humans on earth right now.
It happens often OP.
Why do you think 12+ girls have periods?
God wants you to fuck them OP.
Good luck on your holy mission!
>>
>>1552393
I hope you're /fit/ as fuqq because the world doesn't need more fat PE teachers
>>
>>1552393

Why don't you set up a summer camp or a weekend playdate-type thing instead of teaching full-time?
>>
>>1553910
Because theres shit money in that
>>
>>1552592

He just shows up 5 days a week and hands the kids a soccer ball or something. Pretty fuckin easy. And you get a lot of time off.

He has to be up at 5am though. And the pay isn't great, but liveable.
>>
>>1553937

>shit money
>wants to be a PE teacher

I have some bad news for you.
>>
>>1553941
Time off with pay?
>>
That is a noble and respectable goal for your life. Find a white community.
>>
>>1553946

Not sure what country you are in, but here in the USA it is a salaried job.

Usually $35k - $40k, but higher in some places like California, New York and Alaska.
>>
>>1554147
Doesnt it go up 1k a year though?
>>
>>1552575
Nobody thinks this outside of gymnastics.
>>
>>1554180
Usually.
>>
>>1552393
I'd try dipping your toes in before you fully commit to teaching as profession.

I think that you'll find it may not be as fulfilling as you think it is. I speak from experience.
>>
>>1552393
what's a high-school level private equity class anyway?
>>
>>1552393
You will not make a difference in anyones life. Does anyone learn anything in gym? Hahahhahaha what a retard
>I want to be a janitor guys
>>
>>1552393

I experience working at both the middle school and high school level. Teaching gym is a bit of a joke job.

In theory, it's as you described. In practice, it's a step above babysitting. It's not just gym though. Almost all teaching jobs are like this, unless you're a high school teacher with AP/Honors classes. It's a bit worse for gym teachers though because gym isn't an academic subject. So it's treated like recess by the students and isn't really respected by the teachers.

Middle School students tend to like gym and participate. However, a lot of class time is wasted with taking attendance and getting the students to be quiet and listen. Then students usually do some sort of routine exercise which is a joke. Then you have to explain whatever activity for the day. By the time you get through this there is little time for teaching.

On the high school level, the students are more mature and better behaved. They're just completely apathetic and will do anything to avoid doing what is expected. They view gym as a joke not on par with their regular classes. A lot of schools just give up and let the students do 'open gym' or use the weight room, walk the track etc.

Many gym teachers don't even take the teaching part seriously because they have to focus on coaching. This takes a big chunk of time. And you will be expected to do this. A school won't bother hiring/keeping a gym teacher that doesn't coach when there are many wannabe gym teachers who will.

That brings me to another point. It's a saturated field. Too many applicants vs. positions. It's one of the most saturated fields in education. So be prepared to job search long and hard. There's a reasonable possibility even with all the hard work you put in that you will never come close to finding a job.
>>
>>1554498
How can I dip my toes in without committing?
>>
>>1554589
I would re-locate if I have to, and I think my personality speaks for itself in the hiring process. I have never struggled getting a job over other more qualified people in my life. I am confident id be able to do it.
>>
>>1555981
Maybe Google 'teach for America'?

Not sure if they want gym teachers though. I think they want math and sciences
>>
>>1552393
You will be a slave to the curriculum which will be you can't have them do shit other than walk the track if the school has one, or play dodge ball, show a movie. The fact that PE teachers aren't really allowed to teach real "physical" education is why you have lazy PE teachers or full on fat asses in the position. You'd have more of an impact as the coach to an actual team sport.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.