[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck would you buy and hold bitcoin if you can literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 957061_14683347582655_rId8.jpg (232KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
957061_14683347582655_rId8.jpg
232KB, 640x500px
Why the fuck would you buy and hold bitcoin if you can literally buy something real like gold? Why are people being autistic about this?

I understand the people who trade bitcoin, but the people who are stashing it to pay for their kids college. Nigga please.
>>
>>1552077
you're a fucking fool.

in 20 years when nuclear fusion power stations are common the element AU will be regarded as a waste product.

bitcoin has mathematical known scarcity FOREVER.

have fun gaping your ringpiece trying to smuggle a gold bar in your anus when the apocalypse happens.
>>
>>1552080
>Apocalypse
>Power grid and bitcoin community will still be going strong
>>
>>1552080
>AU will be regarded as a waste product.
Nigger please
>>
>>1552082
well whatever scenario you twits dream up to justify buying and holding lumps of metal.

scenario: complete civil war, refugee situation

Gold: try to smuggle wealth out of the country cram as much AU as possible up your own, your wifes and childrens rectums, attempt to cross border, guards check you, go through scanners, BEEP BEEP BEEP, "step this way sir" Oh fug :DDD

Bitcoin: bitcoin in a brain wallet or paper wallet or usb, secreted in any tiny area, completely undetectable.
>>
>>1552087
I don't live in a queer country that I've got to smuggle shit out of. We're not faggots.
>>
>>1552089
ok Mr. mart-sharter, you name the scenario and I'll show you why bitcoin wins in every single example.
>>
>>1552090
Complete loss of power grid and energy production world wide.
>>
>>1552091
a completely batshit insane scenario exactly the kind of deluded fantasy that seems to crop up in american culture probably due to america never having been invaded or been involved in a proper 20th century war or national emergency.

anyway, your gold will not save you from the famine and mass die-off of over 95% of human life.
>>
>>1552095
How will bitcoin save me from famine?
>>
>>1552097

You can pay for food
>>
File: adam_smith.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
adam_smith.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
You can make large short term speculative gains with something like bitcoin and many other types of quasi-ponzi schemes and they can move funds around obviously but the suckers who don't see what's really going on are fools.

>>1552080
>bitcoin has mathematical known scarcity FOREVER.
Physical scarcity of real things matters but some form of transcendental scarcity doesn't really matter it's just pure speculation and capitalization off of the foolish.

from Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds from 1848:
http://www.econlib.org/library/Mackay/macEx2.html
>In times of great commercial prosperity there has been a tendency to over-speculation on several occasions since then. The success of one project generally produces others of a similar kind. Popular imitativeness will always, in a trading nation, seize hold of such successes, and drag a community too anxious for profits into an abyss from which extrication is difficult. Bubble companies, of a kind similar to those engendered by the South-Sea project, lived their little day in the famous year of the panic, 1825. On that occasion, as in 1720, knavery gathered a rich harvest from cupidity, but both suffered when the day of reckoning came. The schemes of the year 1836 threatened, at one time, results as disastrous; but they were happily averted before it was too late.
>>
>>1552103
How? What's the % of people using bitcoin right now? What are the chances of me running into someone with food and be able to accept bitcoin?
>>
>>1552077
i hold gold and bitcoin.. i find gold too stagnant to speculate on..

bitcoin has brought me mad profits with speculating and trading shitcoins.

gold is boring, theres no enjoyment in holding it.
>>
>>1552106
no one will give a monkeys fuck about gold either in that situation.

oncve you bought a bag of rice using your last good delivery bar then what?

you'll just starve to death slightly later.
>>
>>1552110
No I'll start shooting niggers like you and take your rice.
>>
>>1552111
stfu and buy potcoin
>>
this thread sucks
>>
>>1552077

I own physical gold and bitcoin, i consider gold to be a long term investment, and bitcoin to be a more practical investment that I can actually buy things with. My investment into bitcoin has grown much more in value than my gold. Actually, as of today, my gold is worth less than what I paid for it around a year ago.

The problem with gold is you are going to be paying a fee when you buy it and also when you sell it, and it is much more than the minuscule transaction fees for bitcoin. Also, gold can't be used to purchase anything until it is sold and turned into a spendable currency such as bitcoin or fiat.

Also, for example, say I had a 1oz bar of gold ($1258) but only wanted to use it to buy something that costs $315. It wouldn't be practical for me to break off 1/4th of it and sell it so I would have that money. I would just have to sell the whole thing.

Bitcoin is more practical as a spendable highly liquid investment. Gold isn't practical at all and is less liquid (still very liquid), but it is still seen as safer than Bitcoin.
>>
Op just buy 1 Bitcoin,keep it safely secure and forget about it ,everyone should have at least 1 btc.
>>
>>1552106

You can easily buy gift cards for almost every major retailer using bitcoin at 1:1 through sites like gyft and egifter.

I buy food from whole foods using a gift card that I bought using btc, and I pay for my cell phone bill by bitcoin using cryfter

I cant do that with gold
>>
>>1552077
>Why the fuck would you buy and hold bitcoin if you can literally buy something real like gold?

Physical gold requires me to leave my parents basement and physically interact with other humans if I want to trade it for something.

Bitcoin does not, and is therefore obviously superior.
>>
>>1552519
>everyone should have at least 1 btc.

There are a maximum of 21 million bitcoins, in a few hundred years. There are well over 7 billion people already.
>>
File: gold_bitcoin.png (154KB, 528x394px) Image search: [Google]
gold_bitcoin.png
154KB, 528x394px
>>1552077
>>
File: GoldFig12.jpg (58KB, 550x401px) Image search: [Google]
GoldFig12.jpg
58KB, 550x401px
lel
>>
File: Gold-and-Inflation-Rate.png (68KB, 723x486px) Image search: [Google]
Gold-and-Inflation-Rate.png
68KB, 723x486px
>>1552960
Wrong
>>
>>1552110
>oncve you bought a bag of rice using your last good delivery bar then what?
>Is on /biz/
>Can't fathom the idea of using your currency to earn more currency to not starve slightly later
>>
>>1553689
this is goldbug logic.. they dont make their gold work for them.. they just stack them and stagnate. And hope for the economic collapse in their delusions.
>>
>>1553691
Nah, they hope that when shit really does hit the fan, they will have some kind of insurance, and believe me people are retarded enough(see: human) to actually still want shiny pretty rare gold after the apocalypse, assuming they have food and water and all those necessities. meaning that if someone wants gold he also probably has some food because you don't think about this shit when you haven't eaten since the bombs fell.

So imo the thought of using the still desirable gold in order to start a business in this new world to survive is pretty natural and not so stupid. I would personally also save up some crypto in case shit hits the fan from the other side, but generally it's not bad to have plans like this - you can always give them to your kids when you die before the apocalypse.
>>
>>1553697
so you're relying on people being retarded enough. ok
>>
>>1553704
All businesses do and it works 100% of the time people really are retarded because we have instincts and urges we can't control nor comprehend and we're arrogant and all of the rest of the imperfections that our race has.
So yeah if you assume that people will still do something retarded that they have been doing since ever, even after some bombs will fall, you can fucking bet you'll be correct. People don't change, humanity doesn't, we love gold and silver and we always will.
Additionally, gold and silver are also valuable for the tech industry that people might wanna resurrect after the apocalypse. Also every tribe has a king and every king has a crown, and crowns are best when they are golden.
Can you build a golden crown out of potcoin?
No, the only thing you can do with potcoin is [spoiler]300% profits[/spoiler]
>>
File: retarded.jpg (12KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
12KB, 251x251px
>the same person saying buying bitcoin is retarded because "you can't buy anything with it" defends buying lumps of precious metal
>>
>>1553732
>Everything is valueless nihilism supreme
ok kys
>>
>>1553739
>missing the point this hard
>>
>>1553862
>>1553862
>Implying you read the OP
>Implying he even said "you can't buy anything with it"
and I'm not missing the point, you're doing the "value is subjective" meme while there is a very real difference between "owning" a digital coin and owning a bar of gold, the metal that humans were hunting since ancient times.
>>
>>1552087

>leaving your home due to economic difficulty

r-strategist detected.
>>
File: 1314710104850.jpg (19KB, 250x322px) Image search: [Google]
1314710104850.jpg
19KB, 250x322px
>>1553881
>Why the fuck would you buy and hold bitcoin if you can literally buy something real like gold?
t. OP

The logic behind investing in bitcoin is objectively exactly the same as investing in gold. Except bitcoin has right now a potential for growth long term, gold has not.

If WW3 or a big asteroid struck tomorrow and the entire power grid and society went to shit, you wouldn't magically be brought to some sort of new medieval age where gold matters. Do you even know how society works and how dependant we are on electricity? It would be chaos. Billions would die of starvation or worse. You'd be long dead before society was stable and gold scarce enough for it to be worth a damn.

You're so fucking retarded I can't even fathom.
>>
Why the fuck is gold so low right now? With the election coming up (the craziest one in history), world teetering on the edge of multiple financial crises, Deutshbank, tech bubbles, real estate bubbles, Brexit, etc. shouldn't gold be launching off from the moon and heading to Mars right now?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.