[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turns out all you have to do to fix your credit is stop behaving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

Turns out all you have to do to fix your credit is stop behaving like an asshole.
>>
how do people get poor credit to begin with? just stop buying stupid shit you can't afford, or better yet, stop buying stupid shit altogether
>>
>>1552051
But how else am I gonna watch my 70" curved flatscreen after I get home from pickin cotton?
>>
>>1552051
i missed 3 credit card payments because I was addicted to marijuana.

that's it. in 10 years never missed a payment

I wish i was joking.
>>
Easy to get bad credit due to bs creditors who you dont want to pay

1 trip to the ER and you're an entire months salary behind for wagecucks
>>
File: 1456170849677.jpg (14KB, 208x319px) Image search: [Google]
1456170849677.jpg
14KB, 208x319px
>>1552092
How does this happen?
>>
>>1552092
>addicted to marijuana

Literally one of the stupidist things to be addicted to. Like nigga just put the blunt down and walk away haha.
>>
>>1552133
Addiction is a disease, you ignorant fool. Quitting marijuana is not as easy as that.
>>
>>1552041
And today, it is known: a stupid person learned something. I'm proud of you OP.
>>
>>1552041
Eurorich here, what am I looking at
>>
>>1552051
Found the overpaid Republican or Libertarian basement dweller.

Seriously, though, bad credit is like a bad GPA. You can be perfect As for years and then one F destroys you.

That F can be anything. A layoff when you're underpaid is a great way to destroy a credit score. A bank fucking up a deposit can causing loan payments to bounce is another. A business that didn't react to trends fast enough was what got me.

The nigger with a 72" flat screen is every bit as much a myth as the welfare queen with a grocery cart full of lobster.

I find this is a really hard concept to grasp for people who've always had enough money or never had a surprise like a transmission failure or trip to the emergency room.
>>
>>1552119
>>1552133
Well, I've always battled with anxiety and depression and in 2014 I quit my job to start a business with my friend. That first year was very nerve wracking and anxiety filled. I smoked weed for the first time at 27 after years of taking prescription anti-anxiety meds.

Turns out you can't just quit xanax it actually gives you super anxiety for months while you're withdrawing. So I started smoking more and more weed to counter act it. Eventually I was smoking all day everyday and spending $200 a week.

After 6-8 months withdrawing from xanax I was able to cut back on the weed. Nowadays I only smoke once in a while when my gf's brother comes over.

I am happy to say my business venture worked out and I can support myself and I am more relaxed than ever.
>>
>>1552238
>That F can be anything. A layoff when you're underpaid is a great way to destroy a credit score. A bank fucking up a deposit can causing loan payments to bounce is another. A business that didn't react to trends fast enough was what got me.

Oh, and here's another that plays havoc: being paid biweekly when bills are monthly. Yes, you have the same amount money but it never arrives at the same time. Just a quick example, your electric bill could be the 30th but your paycheck lands between the 27th and 3rd.

Even though you have the money and you pay the bill, you still get dinged late fee _and_ credit report). Years back when it took a week for a check to clear, it wasn't such a big deal. But everything is NOW NOW NOW...except when _you're_ expecting a check (6-8 weeks) or an account credit/refund (4-5 business days).
>>
>>1552092
>I missed 3 credit card payments because I was addicted to a drug you can't get addicted to and it just happens to be the cheapest drug you can get

Nah, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1552251
$200 for a 1/2oz of decent quality where I live. Thats not cheap if you're smoking 3-4 joints a day and taking bong hits at night.
>>
>>1552260
That is your fault for being wasteful then and not making it last.
People who smoke joints and blunts all the time are the worst about money management.
>>
>>1552306
This.

Smoke a pipe
>>
>>1552041

Funny because I also turned my credit from the mid 500's to the mid 750's in the span of a year.

Once you learn how they determine your credit score, it's pretty easy to do.

1. Have a lot of available credit (closing your cards is a bad thing)
2. Never use more than 30% of your available credit
3. Always pay on time, never have late payments
>>
>>1552452
two months ago mine jumped from 680 to 750 in a week.

all I did was pay off $30k in credit cards all at once.
>>
>>1552238
>>1552248
>layoff when you're underpaid
You're not underpaid, you're overspending. End of story. The only exception is medical debt and yes, the system needs to change in that regard, but I'm willing to bet than the overwhelming majority of people in debt or facing financial ruin are, literally, entirely at fault.

>bank fucking up a deposit, missed loan payments
Why were you borrowing money if a single misstep would result in destroying your credit score? Living hand to mouth is fucking stupid and dangerous.

>biweekly paycheck, monthly bills
IF THE DIFFERENCE OF A FEW DAYS WILL MAKE OR BREAK YOUR FINANCES

YOU ARE SPENDING TOO MUCH
>>
>>1552709
It's funny how all this debt has destroyed money management. 90% of my co-workers are loaded with debt to maintain what they call a middle class life. This is in Canada by the way, where the average house in fucking Saskatchewan is 300k+.

Last time I tried checking my credit they couldn't find me. I don't use credit much other than channeling my spending through my credit card and phone bills/utilities I guess.
>>
>>1552720
>90% of my co-workers are loaded with debt to maintain what they call a middle class life.
Sounds about right. The average person is just... so fucking ignorant about debt and materialism.

>I hate my phone, it freezes sometimes, I NEED an $800 iPhone
>My car sucks, it's so boring. I NEED to finance a new BMW so I can be cool
>I'm not going to have more than 2 kids but I NEED to get a 4,000 square foot house.
"Why don't you try... not spending as much?"
>No I can afford the payments, I want to get it.

It just fucking baffles me. The average person's mentality is so fucked up.
>>
>>1552238
>A business that didn't react to trends fast enough.

You were in business and didn't make it? Business is hard and not for everyone. Sounds like you rolled the dice, lost, and are now bitter.

>The nigger with a 72" flat screen is every bit as much a myth as the welfare queen with a grocery cart full of lobster.

LOL, take a trip down to the local rent-a-center. Also, it's not a race thing.

>I find this is a really hard concept to grasp for people who've always had enough money or never had a surprise like a transmission failure or trip to the emergency room.

>I find this is a really hard concept to grasp for people who've always had enough money or never had a surprise like a transmission failure or trip to the emergency room.

Emergency room visits don't have the same effect on credit. If you don't qualify for a subsidy(in the US) then you make enough for basic sustenance.

If a $3,000 tranny ruins you then you didn't stand a good chance in the first place.
>>
>>1552709
THIS
>>
>>1552787
>Emergency room visits don't have the same effect on credit. If you don't qualify for a subsidy(in the US) then you make enough for basic sustenance.

It does when you have to pay the bill, miss work, or both, dummy. We can't all be roleplayers living in mommy's basement.
>>
>>1552787
>You were in business and didn't make it? Business is hard and not for everyone. Sounds like you rolled the dice, lost, and are now bitter.
More bitter that crotchety old men or dateless neckbeards whining "these stupid kids, why can't they all be smart and act exactly like me?" At least I had the guts to try and learned something from the experience.
>>
>>1552709
>You're not underpaid, you're overspending.
And you're a fucking Jew shilling cryptocoins, blaming Obama for your shortcomings, or both.
>>
>>1552810
>>1552816
>>1552818
Are you roleplaying? I hope you are. I'll play along though, for the sake of argument.

>can't make payments because you missed work
You are spending too much money. You are SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY.

That's called "living beyond your means". Guess what, if a missed day or work or a $60 internet bill drops your checking balance below $0 and you get hit with an overdraft fee, you CANNOT AFFORD whatever standard of living you're at. You need to eat out less, you need to buy less shit, and instead of making payments on a new car that's losing 6% of its value every 7 days you need to fucking sell it and get a reliable used vehicle.

Please though, tell me where I'm wrong. Explain how I'm wrong in saying that "If you only make $28,000 a year, you cannot afford the lifestyle of someone who makes $35,000 and you must spend less"
>>
>>1552816
LOL, young, business owner, quasi-chad here. Not everyone is a neet.

>At least I had the guts to try and learned something from the experience.

Props! Now try it again or at least have some dignity.
>>
"Come in dude, I wanna show you what I've been workin' on. [Kenny follows him in. Cartman shows him all the stuff he purchased - a jet ski, a Room-bot, a 7.1 speaker system, a plasma TV, an LCD monitor, a VHS/DVD combo player] Check it out. I thought I could just give all my money away and be as poor as your family, but then I realized: what do poor people do? Buy things even though they don't have money by going out and purchasing things that are 0% down and no payments for two years! That's how you people stay poor forever! Am I right? That's it, right? [Kenny is still pissed off]"

lmao
>>
>>1552248
Being paid biweekly should be a bonus if you suck at money management. Most months you get paid twice. ~4 months a year you get paid three times. Budget for 2 times.

Or stop living paycheck to paycheck like a fucking retard.
>>
>>1552051

> being this ignorant

Mommy got you the hot pockets?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.