[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't you guys find it a little funny how everyone on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Don't you guys find it a little funny how everyone on this board seems to be obsessed with Daytrading, Forex, pennystocks, swing trading, commodities, cryptocurrencies and such "get rich quick and easy" schemes?

And don't you find a little funny how the only ACTUALLY rich people on this board invest in the Index and go for the slow and steady?

Don't you find that a little funny?

Don't you think maybe they know what they're talking about? You know? Maybe $URRE and all those Marijuana stocks are exactly the same as all the other Pump and Dumps (total flops) that we've had on /biz/ over the years?

Don't you think it's perhaps possible that Potcoin is the same as Ethereum, which was the same as DOGE, PND, DRK, RIPPLE and all those other memes of days long past?
>>
File: 1340845788720.jpg (48KB, 473x280px) Image search: [Google]
1340845788720.jpg
48KB, 473x280px
>>1551455
>only invest in index funds, all money is in blue chips
>>
>>1551463
what
>>
>>1551455
Im at 22% YOY without the meme trading bullshit. Value investing 'penny dreadfuls'.

8% is simple for a risk averse numpty. you can simplify that return by just giving it to the bank, they'll work it harder than you can. real reward comes from real work.

Penny stocks are dead simple, especially on the ASX. Anything under 4cents is where the action is. I personally play under 2cents. a few pip movement is a few hundred bucks.

Value of market cap must be lower than value of IP or assets at liquidation. Evaluate based on 80% VWAP over a reasonable period, and do the same for 60%.

Review P&L's looking for skeletons and know a little about the industry you are investing - if you don't know - learn. There is nothing wrong with expanding your knowledge base.

Start with a shortlist after filtering the stock data that meets your needs and review each from there. If there is a "maybe" don't fuck about with it, throw it to the bottom of the shortlist and move to the next. When you come back to it, review the reasons that made you say "maybe" - another company in the same field may answer the question, firming up doubt.

Watch for reverse take overs - review the consolidation vs the current value and factor in potential. There is clear pattern these companies follow before and after the pivot. Chart a few from before RTO is announced and end on delisting the ticker to see what i mean. The buy in is usually a week before the action. MCT: ASX is one of my recent favourites. Previously PLD, walked in on that one at 0.005 - currently at 0.051

I play the ASX, have done so for years. Have a historical database of useless numbers that spit out "potentials" every week. While i'm off fighting crime during the week, i take my half hour lunch break to work out where to dump my next months paycheck.

I also advise salary sacrificing shares in the company you work for. for no other reason than it reduces your tax burden and pays you a dividend you an use to by more shares.
>>
>>1551455
>2011
>Buy $1000 worth of bitcoin at $1
>Everybody says it's dumb but I got 20k in the bank and want to take a risk for max reward chance
>Sold at $900 in 2013
>90,000% return over 2 years

Sure wish I had put that money in a vanguard fund though ;^)
>>
>>1551522
Yeah I totally believe you

Duh, it's so obvious bitcoin was going to climb to $900 when you bought in at $1.

Duuhhhh, I mean what are the chances someone sold at $50, or $100, or $200 or $300 or $500 but kept it ALL THE WAY to $900.

hehehe
>>
Yolo enjoy dieing at 58
>>
File: Internet Lies.jpg (113KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
Internet Lies.jpg
113KB, 453x576px
>>1551523
>>
>>1551455
Sure it's easy for the rich to dump it in an index at 8% when that amounts to thousands or millions of dollars. Retards on this board don't have much money so there's little downside and alot of upside to trading meme shit despite it being truly shit.

No one ever got rich from index funds unless they inherited it from someone else.
>>
>>1551455
Also to add, if trading sucks, why do large investment banks do it? (other than manipulating the market or rip off their own customers). That chart shows an average. I'm sure there's big winners and losers in the yellow bar group.
>>
>>1551455
>And don't you find a little funny how the only ACTUALLY rich people on this board invest in the Index and go for the slow and steady?

i actually thought about that but after a bit of number crunching, i found out that I will be a millionaire when im 60.. screw that. Fast riches and pump n dumps is the only way
>>
>>1551572
>>1551577
Don't you then think it's better to maximize your salary and invest in the index instead of trying to make $1,000,000 from $2000 with pennystocks?
>>
My salary is fine.

I don't invest my salary. I just have a few bitcoins lying around that i use to buy various cryptos.

Made shitloads of money, ill probably be a millionaire next year.

Have fun with your little job and bank account.

Buy potcoin
>>
Nah, I don't even trade. I don't understand 90% of the shit on this board. I'm just here to shitpost and pretend like i'm smart. Passes the time.
>>
>>1551607
I love you.
>>
>>1551600
Why would potcoin go up?
>>
>>1551613
because WEED LMAO
>>
>>1551455
What is wrong with swing trading?

Making a well researched investment over a period of a few months is only a shade more risky than sensible index funds or low risk stocks.
>>
>>1551613
because it NEEDS to have a higher market cap

current market cap: $1 million

market cap it NEEDS: ~ $20 million
>>
>>1551664
What makes potcoin better than say, Dogecoin?
>>
>>1551667
it targets the huge multi billion dollar industry of canabis
>>
File: :biz: embarrassment .png (34KB, 966x297px) Image search: [Google]
:biz: embarrassment .png
34KB, 966x297px
>>1551600
>>1551664
>>1551671
wow.
>>
>>1551455
People are just trying to have fun and make money OP. I trade stocks for fun and profit. I have multiple investment strategies including hold and wait.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.