[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone going to mine or buy zcash when it comes out? I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: vbhWLY6A.jpg (12KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
vbhWLY6A.jpg
12KB, 246x246px
Anyone going to mine or buy zcash when it comes out?

I am aware of the broken trust system they set up ( https://blog.okturtles.com/2016/03/the-zcash-catch/ ) and don't really believe the coin will be a long term success (monero already does what zcash is supposed to and was implemented by the relevant markets first), but all the silicon valley hype around it will assuredly provide an opportunity to make some money.

One interesting aspect about the coin is that its hashing algorithm is memory-hard, which should mean that you could mine it anywhere (cheap ARM) provided you have a certain amount of memory. I have $200 in aws promo credits, does anyone with more technical experience know what the optimal way to spend them would be, given the algo specifications ( https://forum.z.cash/t/final-zcash-mining-specifications/355 )? Reward peaks after 30 days so theres plenty of time to prepare.
>>
I recently bought a contract with genesis-mining for about 2BTC.

It is currently valued at $87 a piece. I am not sure how succesful it will be though.
>>
When can we start mining? On 28th or before?
>>
>>1550505
no premine also slow start, reward starts at 0, check the specifications
>>
>>1550534
> check the specifications
no I'm lazy.

Will it be easy to use? I think ethereum with the whole geth and eth stuff is a bit too complicated for the regular folks.
>>
>>1550424
Can we all just agree to be quiet about zcash mining. The fewer people that know about it or do it the more profitable it will be so, OP delete this thread and let us not mention zcash mining in any form especially on 4chan until well after the day of the launch of zcash.
>>
>>1550485

Oh fuck, why would you make a contract? Pull your BTC out and buy mining on demand!
Saw an ad on this board couple of months ago and I found nicehash 10 times more useful. Currently buying ETH, but if they decide to imeplement Zcash, this would be a win.
Oh fucking contract man, don't do that shit to yourself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.