[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /biz/, i don't usually browse this board but i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fuuuuuuuuck.jpg (72KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
fuuuuuuuuck.jpg
72KB, 400x305px
hi /biz/,

i don't usually browse this board but i'm rather fucked right now and feeling very tired of it. i, as well as my peers, consider myself to be pretty intelligent and a quick learner. always been very into cultivating my interests and becoming fully immersed in them and i feel confident enough to get into something that'll better my life that i'm doing research to make it happen. 21 years old, no savings, no income, no credit, no debt, not employed and the idea of retail, not doing actually thinking and challenging myself, is just mindnumbingly depressing. i'm coming here to ask for your help because i'm incredibly tired of not having enough money, even for the most basic shit in life. i'd really like to work on my own schedule. not as excuse for laziness, but moreso for the flexibility to work weird schedules like 10-15 hours at a time, with being able to go do what i have to do during the day. i've been looking into it and o think i'd be interested in stocks/trading but have absolutely zero experience. it piqued my interest when i became friends with a guy who is a broker and was a millionaire in the 90's, but long story short, his wife shilled him and he's got much less now and although he was in a bad position, he's still doing fairly well, because of the reputation and skills he has and i admire that in a way. it's a risky thing and it's fast paced, but i like that. i've always been into the hustle and flipping whatever i get my hands on to make a bit of money and i've got heart, i just have no idea which road to go down and i refuse to compromise by putting myself into a shit job i have no interest in. if you could provide any advice at all, places to go, things to remember, maybe how to get investments, i literally don't know. i need a discussion at this point. reading static information has gotten a lil exhausting.

tl;dr - heart, creativity, calculated, efficient, attentive, hungry and wanting to hustle but no money and in desperate need of help.
>>
>>1549587
Do freelance software dev
>>
>>1549590
not enough fun to keep me interested desu. i've developed such a hard head that i won't even get into something if i know i'll get bored of it and there's no risk, no thrill, no reason for me to stay sharp doing that. not trying to be a retard but i just am tired of settling on shit that doesn't excite me. thx for the input though, for real. it all helps.
>>
1. You're probably not nearly as smart as you think you are. This is an extremely common misconception, and the biggest source of your problems.

2. Because you have a ridiculously inflated sense of self-worth, you exclude the jobs and careers that would actually be a good match for your talents and intelligence. You consider yourself too good for these jobs, but you're not.

3. So you really have two choices: You can continue to delude yourself that a life of adventure, risk, riches and fame is just around the corner, and only hasn't happened yet because ... reasons. Or, you can grow the fuck up, acknowledge that you're an average dude, accept that your life is probably going to be average at best, and make the best of it.
>>
>>1549596
i'm aware of most of this, but i'm not going to subscribe to that, not at this point at least. i don't expect to make millions immediately getting into something, but i'm inevitably looking for something that has a potential for something like that. the only thing separating myself from people who have their shit together is information and experience, all of which, i'm willing to make happen. i don't consider myself to be too good for any job, but i personally don't see the point in doing anything that isn't stimulating to me and i don't want to compromise on that. i'm not delusional, i'm simply trying to expand my options and "acknowledging that i'm an average dude" and not learning anything new doesn't seem like an attractive option. thanks tho.
>>
>>1549601
Guess what those exciting jobs are only exciting after you finish the project which is full of boring shit. Or be paid a little above minimum wage until 40
>>
You sound like a whiny pussy millennial with special snowflake syndrome, and 0 assets to back it up.

Assets in the sense of YOU. You are 21 and by the sounds of it, have accumulated no skills relating to working or education. Interested in stocks because it sounds cool and don't know shit.

I wouldn't fucking employ you. You sound like an awful person to work with. I hope you get a job making pizza and learn how the real world works. Believe it or not, it will do you an incomprehensible amount of good.
>>
File: 1195418.png (256KB, 391x368px) Image search: [Google]
1195418.png
256KB, 391x368px
>>1549601
Well no fucking shit. Who would've guessed that being """"average"""" sucked asshole? You can't get into anything without going through the shit everyone has gone through.
i.e.: bullshit beginning jobs, lower income, plain retarded responsibilities, hating where you're at almost constantly, etc...
The whole point of this shit is to create a means to an end. Like in my case, I'm also 21 years old. Only I have a certain amount of my weekly check put into my savings while the rest is used to do almost nothing fun with. Building credit, saving up for terribad situations, working; these are all things you have to do in order to get anywhere eventually.

Or you can keep these illusions of being a main protagonist in Limited lel.
>>
>>1549682
Whoops, mean to type "Limitless" lol
>>
>>1549587
>>1549601
try r9k
>>
>>1549596
G00d goyim
>>
>>1549587
Just.... quit....

Get a fucking job. Work hard. Work overtime. Ask for raises. Get a higher paid job. Work your ass off on a side job or business until u can step away from your job.

Fuck yes its depressing and a giant shitshow so u need a vise or a hobby to keep your sanity. But u cannot just be an unemployed 21 year old and get rich with your shit thinkpad.

U gotta go out and get what u want.

Them shits aint gonna come to u
>>
>>1549929
I picked up an insterment and study personal finance. Anlways looking to start a side job.

10,000 hours roughly is what u need in practice to be a legit rockstar. At 2 hours a day average 7 days a week that is 13.6 years. And u can always get hurt and be unable to play. But, oh well. There is risk in everything.

My retirement is investing.
If not i can do this job damn near till i die
Bonus retirement plan is rockstar

If none of them work, i tried...
>>
>>1549929
>Fuck yes its depressing
So we have two choice: depression or death...

This is a lovely world
>>
>>1549596
I don't know if that is the right attitude, but it's the hard truth. Real TALKZ.
>>
>>1549682
Really made me think.
>>
>>1549587
>i'd be interested in stocks/trading but have absolutely zero experience
Sadly, it's one of those gigs where the best way to guarantee your success is to have a lot of money to start with.
Of course, if you had that kind of money, you'd probably get disgusted with the learning curve/initial loss of funds, and switch to something more stable.
>>
>>1549587
Your parents should've given you a good beating.

You didn't even start trading and you already ask for help.

Do you want something magical to happen?
No one will give you a fish and on the stock market, no one will even teach you how to catch one.

If you really were intelligent, you would know where to start to search for information and wouldn't write a fucking emo story on 4chan you narcissistic cunt.

Also: welcome to /biz/ :3
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.