[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an accountant and I hate it. I've always wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: accounting.jpg (655KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
accounting.jpg
655KB, 849x565px
I'm an accountant and I hate it.

I've always wanted to move into another industry but in 5 years, it never happened.

What's the best way for me to use my existing history to get a different kind of job?
>>
>>1548711
Don't worry. Your job will probably be automated in another 3 years.
>>
Join the FBI in the Auditing Department
>>
>>1548711
>I'm an accountant and I hate it.
Better than being an unemployed guy with an accounting degree like me. If you hate it then use your money to buy a business and work for yourself.
>>
Industry > Public Accounting

Also you dont need to be an accountant if you have an accounting degree or CPA, your educate is valuable and you can lots of other jobs and that's why I recommend going the industry route, you'll make a bit less money but you have a less stressful career.
>>
>>1548725
>>1548711
what kind of accountant are you?

our accountant hunts subsidies and organises and negotiates in tax break lobbies. all our taxes, writeoffs and reporting are automated.

if you're that kind of accountant you should have no trouble transitioning into politics or law.
>>
>>1548711
Do post grad and get into banking or something? First part is optional.
>>
With your experience, various business-related positions.
>>
File: 1475635026010.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475635026010.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>1548711
I fucked up, didn't I

t. Junior year in Accounting
>>
Think about what you would do if you won the lottery. That's what you really want to do. Then write a plan ang go out and make it happen.
>>
>>1549241
But anon! I can't make a living shitposting and playing video games all day.
>>
Here's what I'd do. Start hunting for contracts and staff to do those contracts.

You only supervise while the staff makes money for you
>>
>>1548711
All the big guys in my company (FTSE100 traded giant, energy supplier) are accountants. Wtf are you on about? Seems like that's all you need to end up in the admin levels of a company.
>>
Business analyst, management consultant, management accountant
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.