[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bong here, feels stupid to hold on to GBP while the country fucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4344.png (818B, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4344.png
818B, 400x200px
Bong here, feels stupid to hold on to GBP while the country fucks it's economy over the next six months

Should I use my next couple of pay packets and buy bitcoins or some physical USD bills. Or something else
>>
>>1548506

buy land in northern iraq, sell in 20 years.
>>
>>1548541
You meant Ireland, right?
>>
>>1548506
You should use the contemporary version of the union jack in your photos and buy gold and physical commodities imo gold and silver is better than currency trading by far
>>
>>1548543

Ireland doesn't sit on 50Gbbls of crude
>>
>>1548553
Yes but not quite sure how strong property rights are in Iraq
>>
>>1548557

depends where. obviously you can't just go to any authority and say you want to buy property, because if you do that you might as well invest in martian soil while you're at it.

what you need to realize is that an international court system exists. now while ISIL may not care about your property claims, there are definitely ways to make EXXON care. you see what I'm getting at?

but obviously unless you have substantial wealth you can speculate with this is probably not for you. It's just a small anonymous hypothetical tip from someone who's not in any way connected to the relevant entities ;^)

if you have insubstantial liquid wealth, say less than 10,000.00 GBP in the bank, don't bother.

between 10k and 30k, split it into swiss, american, and maybe austrian accounts (because of solid deposit insurance schemes in the latter countries)

between 30k and 100k liquid, drop it into funds. but at that point you should have your own advisor anyways.
>>
>>1548575
Now, I have enough liquidish assets that puts me in at about 200k, so theoretically I guess I could randomly buy some piece of shit land in Iraq and hope for black gold like I'm Yukon Cornelius.

However, a massive field was just found in Alaska that should be substantially increasing US's production within the next 5-10 years.

I think what you are saying is stupid and is worse than heating my home by throwing the money into a fireplace.
>>
>>1548584
>However, a massive field was just found in Alaska that should be substantially increasing US's production within the next 5-10 years.

Smith bay, at your projections, has the potential to cover 10% of the US import needs. while that's not nothing, on a global perspective it's not exactly substantial (~1%). Now consider the fact that the expert peak extraction is 1/5th of that rate. It would increase global production by .2%.

Also, a house is not a "liquidish asset"
>>
If you want to buy foreign currencies don't bother with physical paper, the fees for that are huge and you'll get ass fucked.

If you REALLY want USD, get T-bonds or otherwise purchase US government debt. Taxes will be low on it and you'll even be given a slight return through interest.
>>
>>1548506
I just made money off NOK/GDP.
Bet against your own currency.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.