[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true when people say work opportunity is dwindling in United

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: 104305184.jpg (75KB, 359x478px) Image search: [Google]
104305184.jpg
75KB, 359x478px
Is it true when people say work opportunity is dwindling in United States? You see all these people on Reddit complain about not being able to find a job, putting in hundreds of applications, being college educated, etc... and how automation is destroying the world.

My theory is that these people are just lazy retards that were raised on a spoon fed/low effort lifestyle and are unable to compete with globalization. Immigrants and smarter domestically born individuals are willing to work harder. It's as simple as that.
>>
>globalization
>work harder
Good goy. Work harder for less wages. It'll trickle down.
>>
>>1547675
>Is opportunity dwindling in the United States
Fucking absolutely. 63% of US workers make under $40,000 per year.

You can still succeed on a micro scale, I make $80k with profit sharing, but on a macro scale the American citizen is far less successful today than in any decade since the Great Depression.
>>
>>1547704
2/3rds of Americans are overweight, because they are lazy fucks. The amount of entitlement and low effort is incredibly high. I wouldn't want to pay people big sums just to waste company time either.

Opertunity is fine in America, it's the Americans that are the fucking problem.

> source: American who got a 70k job straight out of college
> inb4 daddy's connections:
my family are poor fags with no connections
> inb4 Muh 4.0:
I had a 2.7 gpa on graduation
>>
>>1547721
You don't seem to grasp the concept of over 60% of US workers being paid a shit wage.

The "good paying jobs" aren't waiting for some /fit/ hard worker to come fill them. They're already filled. 60% of the jobs that exist pay a shit wage, regardless of the worker that fills that role. Even the hard workers and immigrants are in that metric, 60% of ALL U.S. workers are paid shit.

>But I make 70k!
Like I said, it can be fixed on a micro level. A micro level is all about doing better than most people, which can be done. On a macro level there are simply not enough good paying jobs for your average person to do well. If they all got fit and they all got degrees (most do) they'd still be paid shit.
>>
>>1547704
NO EVERYTHING IS FINE YOU JUST GOTTA GO TO COLLEGE SO YOU CAN FIND A GOOD JOB

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I WORKED AT MCDONALDS YOURE NOT ABOVE THAT YOU SHOULD DO THAT

THE ECONOMIES GREAT I MAKE SO MUCH MONEY MANUFACTURING MY COMPANIES GOODS IN THAILAND

ALSO HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN THE STOCK MARKET, ITS DOING GREAT!
>>
OP, I am litterally TOO smart for college right now and I am 19. It's a complete waste of time as well as min-wage. I think all prodigys my age should follow their passions and everything will come together soon enough when you find likeminded people to guide you.
>>
my opinion is that there are too many people looking for jobs (job) instead of professions (Beruf = German for "to pursue a profession"),

They are too lazy to evaluate, what they really want to do as a profession. The basically CRAVE for a american-beauty-style deadend job just to finance the next iphone. Cause everthing else would need dedication.
>>
>>1547721
>it's the Americans that are the fucking problem
What do you expect?
Social programs have become so bloated and riddled with fraud that you have a massive percentage of people collecting checks for no reason at all.
You know the Americans are in trouble when even Mongolian yak breeding forums are peppered with broke fucks looking for advice on how to defraud the government and live off handouts.
>>
>>1547785
is this bait?

You're too smart for MIT? Did they tell you that?
>>
>>1547755
>>1547721

I think the real issue is that the current narrative in the United States is so ingrained into the culture that people literally are unable to think outside the box. From the minute you are born, the concept of doing well in school and working for a good company is hammered down our throats. It creates a huge surplus of people lining up at the doors of corporations looking for jobs. It's a cuck mindset.

In reality, they don't have to do that.
>>
>>1547721
what job?
>>
>>1547798
Why would you go to MIT if you could run a profitable buisness...
>>
>>1547755
You realize that you are only allowed to bring foreign workers into America if you can prove that they are better qualified than their American counterpart, right? So, why do we have so many foreigners in American jobs? It's because Americans are whiney fucks who cry about 'muh minimum wage' instead of being productive.

Also, 40k is a livable wage if you aren't a fat fuck. It's because they feel entitled to their big tvs and their candy and their Starbucks every morning that these jobs are a problem. If you want more, work for it and get it, don't whine until someone gives it to you.

>>1547829
Mobile app dev. I'm living in the bubble and saving and diversifying for when the bubble pops.
>>
>>1547675

Uh yeah it's true...

> tons of labor getting outsourced to 3rd world
> 3rd worlders coming here and undercutting the bottom tier of labor
> bloated and fraudulent university/college degree system

Thanks baby boomers. Hope your enjoy your comfy retirements.
>>
>>1547721
found the diversity hire, aka nigger.
>>
>>1547758
Why are you writing in all caps? Do you think you're above working at McDonalds? You aren't.
>>
>>1548235
Can't tell if dumb or joking. Every economists have noted the race to the bottom.
>>
>>1547800
Agreed.. this
>>
>>1548336
>Thanks boomers

Dey gave away err jerbssss!

Maybe you aren't hired because you look too faggy boy? The boomer you should be thanking is Elton John. Buy some new skinny pants. I have no son.
>>
>>1548372
He's absolutely wrong and ignorant. His comment is akin to saying "ALL NIGGERS ARE POOR BECAUSE THEY'RE LAZY". People's lives are greatly affected by socioeconomic factors. Undeserving poor is a myth when you have a massive trend of wage stagnation and unemployment in the Western world.
>>
https://warriorplus.com/o2/a/n3n7v/0

CPA Course, will make you financially independent.
>>
>>1548405
Lol
Making money online by selling programs for people to make money online

What we have here is a full retard ourobouros
>>
anyone who doesn't have a poor history of motor vehicle operation can be a mailman
>>
>>1548361
I'm white, breh. Half English, half swedish. The only nig-nog blood I could have is if my great grandma got raped and they did a cover up.

>>1548370
> every economist
> I'll just say something generic because I have no clue what I'm talking about.
Retard, if you spend less money on frivolous shit like 72" plasma screens you can do afford then you deserve to be in debt with 40k a year, you should be fine. If you're not, you're overspending. If you want to be able to spend more, get a better job. But you obviously are unqualified to, because you're retarded.
>>
>>1548519
>calling me retarded with your constant strawmanning
>you, not retarded
Sure, bro. You can argue anything against your imaginary stupid people. Your Ayn Rand bullshit isn't going fly. I'm outta here.
>>
>>1547704
I can offer 1 cent per day to lick my ass and pretend to be a put upon job creator in a sea of lazy gibmedats but that doesn't make it so in anything but the most autistic contexts.
>>
>>1548235
You do realize that law/regulation is hardly ever enforced, don't you?
>>
>>1548235
100 percent bait
>>
>>1548336
<implying you would work any of the jobs outsourced to 3rd world shitholes

Alot of those jobs blow. Good riddance. They're for people with literally no skills who can learn to be a worker day 1. Learn any modicum of talent and you can make in the US.

>Boo hoo, I'm a nigger who can't support 6 kids on minimum wage while my wife/gf/babymama doesn't work.
>>
>>1548519
this

The amount of shit people spend their money on is amazing. I see many income levels at my job and many are broke based on spending habits, not income.
>>
What's the purchasing power of the average US citizen now compared to 50s/60s/70s/80s?
>>
>>1547675
>You see all these people on Reddit complain about not being able to find a job, putting in hundreds of applications, being college educated, etc... and how automation is destroying the world.

disgusting lazy degenerates.

anyone with a college degree and a bare minimum of effort (by bare minimum i mean willing to work 40 hours a week) can get a $50k job in a major city within 1 year.

the people complaining on reddit about not being able to find a job are probably the same idiots who thought it was too hard/waste of time to do homework which probably explains their predicament now

you want the full green text?

>be me
>graduate from state school with 3.2 gpa
>no job prospects and didnt give a fuck because i was a lazy asshole
>after 2 years of being unemployed decide i need a job if i want to get bitches
>no fulltime job offers since i have no experience
>get job through temp agency
>work there for 6 months
>start to apply for fulltime jobs and interview
>after another 3 months of working at the temp job i finally get a fulltime offer for $50k

i have no sympathy for people who cannot do this since it literally takes a bare minimum of effort
>>
It's not just the US, so that's how I know it's a real problem and not just "hurr our entitled millenials."

In Taiwan, many job markets have had their wages frozen for some 14 years.

In Japan, the job market has been shit for about 30 years, and people work overtime to get something which locks them into a shitty one-room apartment until marriage or death.

Many of the most successful countries in Asia, such as Hong Kong and Singapore, are filled with people who can't catch a fucking break. Homeless set up their tents around Busan's high-speed rail station. And if there is any continent where people work their assess off, it's Asia.

Yes, opportunities have decreased. In the entire developed world even.
>>
File: 1474631562437.jpg (74KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1474631562437.jpg
74KB, 800x792px
>>1547675
I have been there and done that. It is not about working hard, it is about giving up too early. It took me a long time to get a job that wasn't an $8/hr factory job that hired almost nothing but illegal immigrants. It is true that you can get a job if you are looking for any job, but actually making a living is getting harder and harder. Americans will eventually have to accept a lower standard of living.

t. college educated good grade stem degree coming up from poverty.
>>
>>1548594
> I have no argument, the post

>>1548599
True, but it still provides an incentive for companies to try

>>1548800
Not bait

>>1549207
This. The "problem" is that in the sixties the average family had to buy a house and appliances once, then maybe a TV, and a phone line. That was it. Now, people have a new TV every two years, new iPhone every year. Have to pay for cable and Internet. I always hear how people HAVE to have a car despite the fact that public transit exists.

In the sixties you didn't have fat fucks buying their weight in food every other day. The problem is that most families have three times the recurrent expenses because they want to keep up with the Jones'.

I'm not saying that minimum wage is livable for a family, but 40k definitely is if you cut back on your expenses. But Americans nowadays are entitled fucks with a hero complex. 'I deserve nice things because I'm alive, just like I deserve respect and deserve you not questioning my life choices.' You have to earn something in this life.

> the people arguing with me...
I forget how many people on biz are lazy neckbeards, just like the rest of 4chan. Trust me, if you had ever tried with any real effort, you would be on my side.
>>
>>1549689
you do have to have a car. there are very few cities with comprehensive, punctual public transit.

I agree that you could do a lot more with 40k than people seem to think, but that's not really the point. We were supposed to get better, not have to scale back. Back in the day conveniences were large, clunky, and hard to produce. Today they're so affordable that cities in third-world countries are filled with smart phones, laptops, flat-screen TVs, and high speed internet. No, no one needs a new iPhone every year. On a budget I buy a 200 dollar android every two years.

But the damned thing is that I had to be made to feel like I was poor growing up because my family "only" had a 4-bedroom house with a few smaller TVs, some older computers, and a kitchen that was stocked full of bulk cooking supplies rather than convenience foods. And it was supposed to get better my generation, but now I live in a tiny studio loft that I pay too much for, with an outdoor kitchenette, baby washing machine, and no heating, because my generation is the first one which has been expected to have less instead of more than its parent generation.
>>
>>1549746

You can thank the greedy boomer fucks for bleeding the economy dry so they could all drive Harley Davidson's and take trips to flagstaff once a year.

I have had it with boomers acting like they had it rough. They could pay for college a car food housing on a grocery store salary now college is 120K and forget about housing you're living with mom and dad. Then they wonder why an entire generation of men have thrown up their hands in frustration and given up.

Fuck boomers fuck Obama fuck trump fuck Hillary boomers literally do not give a shit because they know with modern medicine they can all live to 90 while hoarding everything. When they all die off everything will be so fucked and we will be too old we are the generation that got ultimately cucked
>>
>Is opportunity dwindling
Yes. As stated by many posters, it's still out there but the numbers indicate it's getting more elusive as time goes on. Some globalism, some technology, some business efficiency

>or are Americans lazy entitled shits
Yes, this is also a thing. While it's getting harder to land that good job, American perspectives on work have gotten shittier. It is hard to find a job, but the typical 400 applications a month redditor is probably generally over shooting. If you send out 400 applications a month and don't get any hits you are sending out shitty resumes or you are applying for the wrong jobs.

>muh 400 resumes
I have an unprovable theory alot of these fuckers are self sabotaging. Sending shitty resumes, or deliberately targeting jobs above their station. All part of a big feedback loop where they get to stay unemployed, stay the victim of ebil capitalists forces, and stay firmly parked on there couch playing vidya.
>>
>>1549770
List of shit boomers fucked up:
>the economy
>housing market
>job market
>cost of living
>purchase power
>level of development
>the media
>the entire Middle-East
>more than half of opportunities to live abroad in interesting countries (the rest was Gen Y)
>international security in general
>the future of education
>transportation
>food sanitation and quality (ironically complaining that food just isn't what it was back in the day)
>pretty much everything

The worst part of millenials is the dumb shit they do to try to justify their existence in an era where everyone's lives have become increasingly meaningless and the payoff of living to your next paycheck, much less next promotion or raise, has dried up.
>>
>>1549793
Yeah I don't buy this.

When I landed in Japan in 2013, I went to interview after interview trying to get a job. I thought I would be qualified because back in the day people with zero experience or relevance could get a cushy job through JET. These days you can have experience tutoring children, studying in Japan, the whole package, and still have to fight to get a shitty entry-level cram school position and visa, with a yearly salary of about 36k and hardly any vacation. I busted my ass and spent all of my money on expensive train trips across the prefecture trying to find something, really put my best foot forward. Hell, I even made a pitstop in LA on my way out of the country to try to interview through Amity. It was an extremely honest effort.

2 years later I had to bust my ass again to pick up some shitty hours teaching in Taiwan despite my extensive experience and the lie that OH IF YOU HAVE A WHITE FACE YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO FIND A JOB IN 3 SECONDS.

Everyone thinks we're just lazy shits, no one will be upfront about the fact that good jobs come largely by luck and many people don't get the opportunities they hope for even after putting their skin deep in the game.
>>
>>1549806
Holy shit, It's like you don't know that the Japanese hate white people (or anyone else not Japanese).
>>
>>1550204
wow thanks random guy on the internet, I'm sure you know a lot more about Japan than someone who studied and lived there

I don't think they particularly dislike Westerners, but they don't really understand intercultural communication or the roles of foreign residents, and that creates a lot of friction. But they do pay us better than they pay Japanese teachers in the same ranks, and if you're smart about where and how you live, you can have a modest but comfortable life with decent food, alcohol, savings, and a pleasant girlfriend. But nothing ambitious, I must emphasize modest, so if you grew up in a big house with lots of fancy foods you're going to find yourself scaling down.
>>
File: 1256408947477.jpg (35KB, 214x213px) Image search: [Google]
1256408947477.jpg
35KB, 214x213px
>tfw have a BS in Computer Engineering, a self funded/developed robotics platform I have been working on for years
>can't get an embedded engineering job cause i don't have a professional license some stupid amount of "work experience" for "entry-level"
>currently work in telecom
>trying to move somewhere else, can't even get hired as helpdesk
Needless to say I'm white
>>
>>1550223
>I don't think they particularly dislike Westerners
Yeah, they do.
I'm sure drowning in pasty overweight guys trying to teach English and bang teenagers hasn't helped, either.
>>
>>1550242
t. thirsty pasty overweight white guy
>>
>>1550247
I'm not the one failing to get a job in Japan.
Lose some weight.
>>
>>1548218
Dis nigga couldn't wait for the bigger marshmallow
>>
>>1549044
At least we have the freedom to rack up debt, rite?
>>
>>1549746
>P u b l i c T r a n s i t
>comprehensive
>punctual

Pick none.

I can ride my bike around town (top 10 US city) faster than the buses, and the extra degree of freedom makes up for being slower than light rail.
>>
>>1550316
Yeah, people pitching public transportation either don't live in the US or don't live in a city. It's practically non-existent even in the northeast, let alone the western frontier. I'd love to have one car that lasts 50 years of occasional use but it's just not feasible unless I move to a city and then every cent you save not having the car goes into sky high rent.
>>
>>1550231
How many jobs have you applied for?

>amateur robotics platform
How does this make anyone any money?
>>
>>1550422
What frustrates me most about modern living is how nothing ever seems to get better. Everything is always more expensive or less functional that what it replaced.
>>
>>1550422
Bong here, the public transport here is shit as well.

>Want to go somewhere that takes 25 minutes by car?
>Just be two hours then
>Want reasonably priced train fare
>Fuck you
>Also strikes
>>
ITT: People who are lazy and bitch about other things being the problem, not themselves
>>
File: 1386214683802.jpg (10KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
1386214683802.jpg
10KB, 208x243px
>>1550449
>Yes goy don't complain, everything is under your control. You just need to stop being lazy and work harder.
>>
>>1550449
>t. a problem whose ears are burning
>>
>>1550426
Haven't been counting, fuckton over the past 2 years tho.

>inb4 hurr i connected sum servos
Not trying to sell it (yet), its more of a passion project, at the very least shows example of experience in the subject matter, more than what some of these other fucks come up with.

Commissioned a PCB design in altium for possible to hire position once, they used it, no hire, my time in the office I watched some black girl struggle to make anything in altium kept asking way too many questions, she got hired. What is life
>>
>>1549746
Waaah Waah woe is me. I feel entitled to a status greater or equal to that of my parents and I can't cope. Boo fucking hoo
>>
>>1547675
Nope, I know people that are trying to work, but all they get are minimum wage shit jobs. Especially cause I live in Illinois and the faggot dems have been in charge forever. Globalization is still a problem with cuckservatives, but at least they are financially literate.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 490x350px
>>1550433
>German meme about trains always being on time
>trains are late all the time and faggot workers strike
>mfw
>>
>>1549689
>always hear how people HAVE to have a car despite the fact that public transit exists.

>america
>having good public transport
pick one
>>
>>1547675
Opportunities are only dwindling because the current job market isn't equipped to handle the amount of skilled workers that exist now. The college graduation rate is up to like 40% or something from like 20% ten years ago. That and the push by major corporations to de-unionize unskilled labor and drop wages to enhance profit margins, making unskilled service industry jobs the majority of the work force, and the cap on skilled work, has caused the job market to become too competitive and contributed to the massive wage gap and seemingly rigged economy.
>>
>>1548368
He's making fun of boomers.
>>
File: 6ae[1].jpg (82KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
6ae[1].jpg
82KB, 900x900px
>>1550474
>they hired the struggling idiot black girl instead
>>
>>1548514

>10/hr
>cheapest conceivable land and cost to put a cuckshed on it would be 50k

Sure let me just work 5,000 hours extra over what I need to live on, and I can live like a hobo out in the sticks.

>>1549238
>within 1 year.

Sure let me sit here and finger my asshole in the mean time, I'm sure my landlord will accept tendies and pepes in lieu of rent.

>>1550316

Biking is faster, I'm /n/fag, but the light rail can take you 15 miles out, whereas I'd break a sweat and need to double my calorie intake with pure bike for a 30 mi round trip. But many jobs subsidize a transit pass... The bus is shit but rail+bike is patrician. The most convenient, freedom giving, cost efficient method. Buses should be abolished.

>>1550427
>Everything is always more expensive

Consumer goods are better and cheaper. An $800 rig years ago couldn't do what a $300 budget laptop can today. But rent, food, education, medicine, transport, utilities? All skyrocketing, oh, and all unavoidable unless you live in a barrel and eat rats. Just a long, hard squeeze until America becomes the new Poland, and not in a good way. Everyone will live in eternal poverty and pay every fucking cent they earn plus some debt to the fucking kikes. But hey you can buy cheaper shiny things, goyim!

>>1550690

Entirely depends where you live.
>>
>>1549689
Anon, is it possible that our society and economic system is driving the rampant consumption? If people just cut back and were happy wouldn't that lead to an economic slowdown thus less jobs and lower wages?

> legit question
>>
>>1550690
Welcome to capitalism, where the shit that doesn't get used doesn't get paid for. Our public transit doesn't work, because it doesn't pay for itself.

>>1551093
Economic slowdown... maybe. Hopefully you sell outside America, but there should still be enough jobs. At some point automation will eat many many jobs. The economy isn't ready for that. When automation really begins 50% of jobs will disappear and we will have to have some standard "You were born" wage, and only elite will work, the rest will just get free basic shit forever. But we are a ways away from that.

More towards your question, many companies produce frivolous amounts of product because someone will buy it. But you will still need people to make the product even if the amount gets cut back 10%. Also, realize that very few things are manufactured in America. If people stop buying plasma tvs, that might lose jobs from South Korean manufacturers, but it shouldn't significantly reduce the American job market.
>>
File: 1273005370001.jpg (34KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1273005370001.jpg
34KB, 350x350px
>>1550811
>we hire based on merit
Tired of this meme
>>
>>1547800
Not even American and I relate to this.
Whole life mom and dad said I MUST attend university or else I won't get a good job. "do you want to dig ditches your whole life?"
They also assumed once you get a job "you better like it because you'll be doing it for 40 years"

6 years and 40K of debt later (bc they gave me 1k when I left home) I feel like a retard for ever listening to them. I just didn't have an answer for what I wanted to do with my life at 17
>>
>>1551361
What're you doing now?
Most of us are going / have gone down the same path. Wasting life out of fear, basically.
It's not easy to get out though. I'm still studying and I'll just probably finish my studies at this point.
But I feel like a drone when I'm at uni and I can't imagine how much it must feel like that working for some company
>>
>>1550495
>feel entitled
I don't think you know what this phrase means
>>
>>1547721
statistically speaking people in the overweight category of the BMI chart (not the obese category) are healthier than those in the healthy weight section
>>
>>1549689
Honestly the shit appliances need replacing every 5-10 years. Probably averages out to what people paid in the 60s for a lifetime appliance though.
>>
>>1547675

>be me
>aspiring network security analyst, designer, maintainer
>have appropriate degree, reputable credentials, plenty of work experience, respectable references
>apply to three job positions a day, using both websites and walk-ins
>not one employer has so much as contacted me for a second interview even though I haven't had a bad interview in years
>I need five years experience using Python, C++, C, C#, and Java in a professional environment; ten years of experience in maintaining and buildings corporate networks; and 15 years in IT in order to get the help desk position.

Honestly, I'm about to go full
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've heard that outrageous job qualifications are simply due to an employer's inability to write a proper application form, but I refuse to believe that even the most tech-illiterate employer is so delusional as to believe one needs to be a literal wizard in order to troubleshoot Microsoft Word.
>>
>>1551639
BMI is outdated. It includes bodybuilders as obese due to height weight ratio.
>>
>>1551639
You'll need to cite a source. Besides, you're looking at correlation not causation. The BMI chart is fucked up, and skinny does not preclude bad habits, it just means that one of your bad eating habits is not gluttony.
>>
>>1551361
lol I would love if I could get a comfy as fuck manual labor job.
>>
>>1551082
>Consumer goods are better and cheaper. An $800 rig years ago couldn't do what a $300 budget laptop can today. But rent, food, education, medicine, transport, utilities? All skyrocketing, oh, and all unavoidable unless you live in a barrel and eat rats. Just a long, hard squeeze until America becomes the new Poland, and not in a good way. Everyone will live in eternal poverty and pay every fucking cent they earn plus some debt to the fucking kikes. But hey you can buy cheaper shiny things, goyim!

Sort of. You ever see what a smartphone costs outside of a 2-year subscription? Ouch. And how limited they really are. Hardly any ports, let alone redundancy, and you can't even replace the fucking batteries.

And that laptop, is it going to last like computers did years ago? That's what I mean. We used to have American products that you had to run over with a truck to break and could repair actually repair if a part went bad. the Chinese stuff came in cheap, in price and quality, but the price is almost up there with quality product now. And everything's disposable, so you're always throwing shit away after 3 years.

Meanwhile, food, rent, utilities, internet, education, everything you need just keeps consuming a bigger and bigger part of your paycheck. I dealt with a static salary for five years and I felt like I had my head in a vice. There was nothing I could do, couldn't sell to broke people, couldn't afford to move, couldn't get a loan for anything.
>>
>>1548218
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

You've probably passed on profitable ventures that you never even knew existed because your lack of education has left you with a blind spot in some area.
>>
Very well said OP. Mexican Intellectual here and can confirm, white niggers are just too lazy to sweat a little
>>
>>1549746
You're delusional if you think your parents had better standards of living than your grandparents straight out of school.

Income mobility is always the one thing you "THE MIDDLE CLASS IS DISAPPEARING" mongoloids seem to neglect to mention.
>>
>>1552658
when my grandparents finished school, they had years of hardship. they didn't become well-off until after my mom moved out, and didn't even have a chance to pay for my mom's college.

when my parents finished school, their lives stabilized almost immediately. wasn't glorious, but it worked. after school my parents gradually bought a house and two cars. after school my salary gradually sank as I hopped between jobs after finishing shitty contracts and moving countries. I have no illusions that my standard of living will ever even match up to my parents', but it stands to reason that it's supposed to exceed theirs.
>>
File: 1376085240339.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1376085240339.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>1547675

>plan gov event
>get "troubled youth" to help
>all have manners
>polite and well spoken
>work hard and fast
>give them my cards
>tell them to use me as a reference
>got several calls
>most of them have gotten jobs
>interviewing for an opening at my unit
>bitch turns off candy crush when she sits down
>guy comes in with a beanie on
>another kid comes in who doesn't even understand what we do
>ask him if he's ever volunteered
>"I don't have time"
>mfw

Seriously, those young volunteers made me fucking proud.
>>
>>1548519
>Swedish

Apologies, Mohammed.
>>
>>1553496
and, what, do you blame them for not having been raised properly? Who do you think was supposed to have raised them to be better than that?
>>
>>1552229
Smartphones are a terrible example, unlocked phones have never been cheaper. Computers sales in general have been in decline as well since there no longer is a need to upgrade with any relative frequency.
>>
File: 145689784615.png (251KB, 322x443px) Image search: [Google]
145689784615.png
251KB, 322x443px
>>1547675
>You see all these people on Reddit complain about not being able to find a job
That's because they're on reddit instead of trying to find a job. They just expect a job to land in their lap because they've been given everything by their parents and are completely shocked when the real world isn't so spoiling.
>>
>>1547785
I apparently lack the sight to see the sustainability in your plan. Care to elaborate? Also, "prodigies"
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.