[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you need to start investing in the Australian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: awretdcfgbhk.png (330KB, 425x427px) Image search: [Google]
awretdcfgbhk.png
330KB, 425x427px
How much do you need to start investing in the Australian stock market?
>>
>>1546912
You can invest successfully with almost any amount. You're really only limited by a minimum your individual broker might have.
The same is not true of trading, however (the successful part).
>>
>>1546912
You literally need only enough to gamble on some penny stocks. Aka less than a dollar.
>>
>>1546912
Is Chris Broad a meme now?
>>
>>1546931
>>1546925
So $2000~ would be enough to start?

>>1546944
I don't think that he's quite popular enough to become a meme just yet.
>>
>>1546912
$2000 is the minimum for commsec, nab and anz are probs the same.
Don't listen to these americans who trust IB and RH etc.
>>
>>1546971
>enough to start
Start which?
I know you said "invest", but there are a lot of people who mistakenly use the term interchangeably with trading.
Do you mean you'll dump money in once or twice a year, not buy and sell, and let the pile grow over ten or twenty years?
>>
>>1546984
Oh right sorry.
Trading would probably be the better option for me, but that would probably require more funds.
Though a long term investment could be something to look into too.
>>
>>1546989
>require more funds
Well, look at it this way. The size of your account will have a lot to do with your odds. I can't even begin to go in to the multitude of reasons this is the case, but options for brokerages, leverage, account costs, risk tolerance, and ability to absorb losses are some of them. It's not that it's impossible to succeed with less funds, it just becomes more and more difficult.
Also, barriers to entry are something to consider. I don't know enough about AUS securities law to advise you, but the US SEC "protects" small time traders by limiting their activity severely.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.