[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw thinking about dropping out of college for the second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: feel.jpg (5KB, 166x170px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
5KB, 166x170px
>tfw thinking about dropping out of college for the second time

I've been here for little over a month and i have a hard time grasping what it's all about (studying web dev) and I'm considering dropping out.

I already dropped out last year after six months of journalism school.

I don't actually know what I like, or what I really want to work with. Sure, I would *like* to be a web dev but it's apparently way too hard for me to learn.

IF i drop out, I might just try to become an independent film maker. Not because I expect profits, but because I want to look busy.

Can I actually do besides kill myself? Don't tell me to become a wagecuck because that's the same thing.
>>
>>1546309
>Don't tell me to become a wagecuck because that's the same thing.
how do you expect to support yourself as an "independent film maker"?
>>
>>1546309
i dont know much about programming but i think the way to go is server-side architecture like java or w/e
>>
File: wageslave.jpg (89KB, 386x661px) Image search: [Google]
wageslave.jpg
89KB, 386x661px
You are really going to have to become accustomed to being a wagecuck m8. There isn't really any other option. It sucks, but there you go.
>>
>>1546318
We have neetbux. I just want to do something I at least enjoy while thinking about what to do with my life. If I'm lucky I might get hired for small jobs or some shit.

I'm a skilled video editor, but like everything out there they expect you to have a paper to prove it.
>>
>>1546321
I know myself well enough to realize that I will never hold down a wagecuck job for long. I was one for a couple of months before going to college again.

I truly hate it, that's why I went to college. If I go back to wagecuckery I will somehow convince myself that college is where I REALLY belong again, and then hop onto some other programme (only God knows what).

It's a neverending cycle.
>>
Im on the same boat OP. ANd im jealous at a faggot i used to know that now makes money on jewtube, i hope he dies.

I make some money too, but my videos take effort to make and i dont show my face or voice since im not normie scum.

I hate this.
>>
>>1546309
literally don't. just finish and find a job stop being retarded
>>
File: 1454983158032.jpg (155KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454983158032.jpg
155KB, 480x640px
>>1546309
>studying web dev
>have a hard time grasping what it's all about

Luckily the economy needs people to work at the checkout.
>>
>>1546309
What kind of degree is "web dev"?
Why are you paying money to learn about something if you don't even know if you like it?

Also being a successful film maker is like winning the loto. Good luck with that shit.
>I want to look busy
What? You can do this in literally any profession.
>>
Move to Maine.

Pick worms and sell them to bait shops.

.50 per worm and you'll probably catch 1000 per day.

That's 500 dollars per day to walk around in the mud and catch worms.

No, it isn't hard. Children do this. Small children.
>>
>>1546309
It's been my experience that finding out what you like is mostly a process of elimination. Though if I were you, I'd hang in there until the semester ends, that way you'll have time to roll it over in your mind and not do anything hasty.
>>
>get squeegees
>a bucket
>laundry soap + white vinegar
Congrats, you're now a certified window washer! Sell your services to businesses or homes. Go to the mall and offer to every shop. If they refuse, maybe do it for free once and come back next week.
>>
>>1546309
Going through nursing school atm, in over my head as well.
Not even fucking with you, medication was a complete game changer. Obviously youd wanna find out all about the meds and their effects but i came from making straight c's to a's. Maybe fake adhd symptoms and get some adderall, works wonders if you just couldnt be fucked to pay attention for extended periods of time. Text anxiety? Get a script for xanax but again be careful with the shit. This is exactly what i did, youd be suprised how many people actually do this too. Just my input bro.
>>
>>1546924
>0.50 x worm
No
>>
>>1546309

Protip: no one knows what they want to do really, and if they did it wasn't what they expected. There are only two types of people: wage cucks and entrepreneurs. There are marketing wage cucks, programming wage cucks, business wage cucks, the list goes on. If you hate wage cucking you will graduate college with any decent degree, start a business or get a wage cuck job and save as much as possible so you can stop as soon as possible. Welcome to adulthood.
>>
Find your passion, get a degree in it, get a good job and enjoy.
>>
>>1546309
Web programming is literally the easiest form of programming, and is easier than most degrees. If you can't comprehend, it's because you are literally retarded.

Retards belong being wagecucks. If you really can't be a wagecuck, then make an investment in some sturdy rope.
>>
>>1546309
>>1546320
to be a true pro you need to understand the full stack, back end, database, and front-end
>>
>>1547326
/thread
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.