[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have close to $60K in savings after 3 years of being a company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 527427425742588.jpg (570KB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
527427425742588.jpg
570KB, 4032x2268px
Have close to $60K in savings after 3 years of being a company truck driver.

Should quit and go to school for nursing, or buy a truck and become o/o?
>>
>>1545245
I am 26 (27 in January) by the way.
>>
>>1545245
Buy potcoin
>>
>>1545245
>Should I waste 3 years of savings to get an education that will lead me to cleaning up terminal patients shit out of their pants for minimum wage?

No, no you shouldn't.

You should invest that money elsewhere.
>>
>>1545245
are you tired of driving a truck?
>>
>>1545245
Where I live you make 80k a year right out of nursing school if you are male. Bad thing is that you will be on call.

I think it's a good investment, and after you save up more, you could go back and pursue higher education in medical field.
>>
>>1545301
I don't know what country you're from, but here in America that is the CNA/LPN's job.

>>1545333
Not really. I want to become an owner operator not to make more money, but to work less. But with the volatility of the freight market, I don't know how sustainable that can be as a career. I figure becoming a nurse I could work in a ER or ICU and have 3-4 days off a week.

>>1545357
I've looked around my area at the job market. Seems every place is paying $25-40/hour for ER/ICU RN's where most males get hired on at. 12+ hour shifts 3 days 1 week, 4 days next week, on call every other weekend. That seems to be the norm.

And I know, I was thinking eventually I could become a nurse practitioner. They are slowly replacing all the general no specialty type of doctors around here making $90-110K a year working a typical 7-3PM outpatient office.
>>
>>1545245
Study medicine?
>>
Your job will be automated in 5 years. Do something else.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.