[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>19 >get first job at local grocery store >have to sign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: mem.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
mem.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>19
>get first job at local grocery store
>have to sign a Non-compete agreement
>don't really understand, yeah ok
>everything goes fine for one month
>last thursday manager caught me masturbating in the storage room
>today I found out that the non-compete agreement prevents me from working any other job in any field or position for the next 100 years
>>
File: gramps.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gramps.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
>>
>>1544360
Cool story.
>>
Dumbass. Learn to jackoff somewhere besides work.

Take the non-compete & mentally toss it in the trash. They can not prevent you from working regardless of what they had you sign.

They would love for you to work for their competition so that you can jackoff on their dime.

The non-compete is really for management. They don't want the talented people working down the block. They are not going to pay their attorney to chase a 19 year old loser.

Call up a labor attorney if you need more information.
>>
>>1545019
>tfw thought he was memeing
holy shit this non compete thing is real?
>>
>>1544360
What the hell kind of an agreement is that?

Also masturbate in the bathroom, in a locked stall
>>
>>1545025
Where's the fun in that
>>
>>1545019
This. They will not pursue the noncompete.
>>
Aren't you exaggerating OP? Noncompete just means you promise not to work for a competitor of your boss in a certain area for some time. I don't even know why the store bothered to get one from a trained monkey teenager like you desu
>>
>>1544360
Different person here with question that doesn't deserve its own thread(don't feel like knocking off a post)

I started min wage as Dishwasher and by the time I was fired my wage jumped from 11.25 an hour to around 14.00 an hour in the spam of 4 months. Should I ask for a higher desired wage even though I'm applying for a different min wage job?
>>
>non competes
>ever being enforceable for anything that isn't management

Get a decent lawyer and have him countersue for anything he can think of.

Unless you live in a conservative shithole, non-competes can't interfere with your ability to make a living, especially if you aren't paid anything during your non-compete period. Even in conservative states, many terms aren't legally enforceable, and the mere presence of unenforceable terms can throw the entire package out.

This is actually one of the few things that places like Cali are doing right. Non-competes aren't legally binding there outside of extremely narrow circumstances, and employers can face some really nasty judgements for even attempting to enforce the terms.

>>1545291
Small companies will sometimes. They have enough ego problems, and personal relationships, that people get petty over perceived slights. They also are among the least prepared to adequately handle things in court because of their size and attitude. Good lawyer on contingency will rip them apart. Unless you are in a tiny industry where everyone knows everyone, it really can't hurt you. If the company badmouths you, they could be looking at retaliation/libel lawsuits too.

Really, you as the employee have no reason not to go for the nuclear option. Playing anything but hardball only hurts you in the overwhelming majority of cases. Fuck company loyalty. That's just an excuse to treat you like shit. They get away with it because most people are afraid because they don't know they don't need to be. Employees just want problems to go away, and are easily mislead.

Don't be a sap. Call their bluff. Even if it's with a bluff of your own, it usually makes them back down.
>>
>>1546171
You can certainly try.

Why were you fired?
>>
Why the fuck would a grocery store employee have to sign such an agreement?
>>
>>1546171
Start working for tips, senpai. I just got my first job that allows gratuity for my last year of uni, and it's dope as fuck. The gains are incredible.
>>
>>1546331
It's obviously a troll post, but the answer is, they don't.

However, the employer won't employ anyone who doesn't sign, even if it's not legally enforceable. They do this because there is no real penalty, there is never a shortage of minimum wage labor, and they can scare people who don't know their rights into doing things for free/cheap, and/or not suing them when they do something blatantly illegal.

I've seen contracts that had provisions detailing severe fines if you filed a complaint with OSHA. Blatantly illegal doesn't even begin to describe that. Yet it still happens.

Never underestimate the greed/stupidity of anyone, least of all an employer.
>>
>>1546331
I was thinking the same, I can understand a manager being asked to sign that shit but a bottom of the line employed that's not even drinking age? What damage can he bring if he goes to work for another grocery store? He was most likely stacking shelves all day
>>
>>1546294
Was fired because he thought I didn't like the job. There wasn't a legit reason, he just didn't want to train me to be a cook if I don't want to be a cook and fired me on the spot for that even though I worked harder than most people there. No big deal, I did everything I could and that's all that matters.
>>
>>1546356
>What damage can he bring if he goes to work for another grocery store?

Costs of training new employees for one.

Management doesn't want people, let alone thinking ones. They want semi autonomous drones. They want to be able to abuse employees because it's cheaper. Non competes, even if not legally binding, let them throw legalese bullshit around and scare people into submission.

Here's how it plays out.

>I quit
Well it says here you can't work anywhere else for 6 months
>b-b-b-but I can't afford that
Well then you can't afford to quit can you?

Now throw in a bit of sexual harassment and other things, and this just becomes another tool they can throw at you in a thinly veiled attempt at extorting/blackmailing you into silence.

>If you sue us, we'll prevent you from being able to work for years. How about you quiet down now.
>>
>>1545280
Kek.
Seconded.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.