[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I have a million dollars in cash. How and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Let's say I have a million dollars in cash. How and how much can I make with them with the very minimal effort required? I was reading about lottery winners who lose almost all their winnings within a few years and it made me think.

Also, what's a good amount to retire at?
>>
>>1541094
>lottery winners who lose almost all their winnings within a few years
That's because they're financial idiots to begin with, otherwise they wouldn't be playing the lottery.
Plus, they tend to be surrounded by like minded morons, who are only too happy to help them spend.
>>
>Retire
By that do you mean no longer do anything that can be called 'work', or no longer earn a salary. In either case, it's heavily dependent on location, your assets, potential cashflow, etc..

>Million USD

Probably around about 10-20x over a long period of time if you don't fuck up and lose tons of equity during a market crash, which assuming you want to be a lazy faggot, you likely will.
>>
File: warren-buffett-hand.jpg (24KB, 575x250px) Image search: [Google]
warren-buffett-hand.jpg
24KB, 575x250px
I forgot to mention that I also want to learn about finance and economics from scratch, I have a lot of time and nothing better to do, really. Can someone please recommend books for investing and whatnot.

I've also heard that index funds can get you an average of 7% a year, so 7% of a million is 70k which in my opinion is enough to get by so a million dollars should be enough to retire with?

>>1541130
>By that do you mean no longer do anything that can be called 'work', or no longer earn a salary.
Former.
>>1541130
>Probably around about 10-20x over a long period of time if you don't fuck up and lose tons of equity during a market crash, which assuming you want to be a lazy faggot, you likely will.
What is equity?
>>
>>1541147
>Former
You can either go with simply counting out how many years you plan to live past retirement, then make an estimate for your annual expenses at said QoL standard. Multiply them up and you have your answer, subtract any incoming passive cashflow you have.

>Equity
In a general sense, it is the value of an asset once you subtract it's liability. In the sense I was using it, it's the value of any Shareholder Stocks you own, as that is by far the best way to generate stable return-on-investment with minimal effort.
>>
Minimal effort/easiest gains?

Stick it in 4 high dividend blue chip stocks that pay between 3-4%. You will get between 30,000 to 40,000 every year in free cash

or you can do like /biz/ does in the robinhood threads and throw it at a penny stock and have a 1 in 100 chance of hitting it big. PUMP IT UP BOYS! TO DA MOON!?*&%
>>
>>1541191
I've made 20 grand(of 1300) in the last 2 weeks off advice from the /rgt/, as long as you aren't a dumb nigger throwing money into penny stock biopharm companies trying to make data plays you should be able to turn a decent profit

Although the amount of money being talked about in OP is to large to be invested in those companies invested in the /rgt/ threads.

If you want to make sizeable returns get some companies you have an edge on and just make safe plays with them.
>>
>>1541195
with a dividend stock you can set up a DRIP that reinvests your dividends into buying more of that stock commision free

thats why its a relatively safe play and if it holds stead for 20 years with a million investment theres your retirement
>>
i'd "retire" with a million

it really depends on your annual cost of living. you can easily do it with 25x you annual cost of living dedicated to investments.

an index fund is very safe. property. franchise fundings.

stocks are an option.

AMZN is up 55.82% this year, for example.
>>
>>1541195
>I've made 20 grand(of 1300) in the last 2 weeks off advice from the /rgt/
You need to make up more plausible lies.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.