[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the ideal mortgage payment plan for someone who makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1461001688504.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461001688504.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
What is the ideal mortgage payment plan for someone who makes $15k (go ahead and laugh) a year? I want to buy a vehicle.
>>
>>1540257
I should probably post more info. I save about 7k a year and currently have a Camry with 240k miles on it. Drivable, but vibates (did a ton of work on it, still vibrates) a lot and has a few minor issues (windows, locks, etc).
>>
you buy a honda for 1-2.5k and put a fart can on it and cut off the bottom of the air filter.
>>
>>1540474
I like this
>>
>mortgage payment plan
>car
not a good idea friendo, not a good idea
>>
>>1540257
>mortgage
So that you don't continue sounding like an idiot, please understand that the word "mortgage" is used in modern English to refer exclusively to secured real estate loans. Although the word used to refer to any type of collateralize loan many hundreds of years ago, it currently refers only to real property loans (land or land with developments).
>>
>>1540960
Whats the word I'm looking for then?
>>
>>1540960
Thank you for that.
I was under the impression he was buying a car in order to live in it.
>>
snoop poop
>>
>>1540974
You're looking for the phrase "used beater that costs $800"
>>
>>1540995
No thanks.
>>
>>1541073
And that is why you will stay poor.
>>
>>1540974
>Whats the word I'm looking for then?
Loan.
>>
>>1541091
Nah.
>>
>>1540257
>vibrates
holy shit you idiot, check your engine/transmission mounts.
>>
The value of your car shouldn't be more than ~15%-20% of your gross pay.

In your case, you'd realistically want to get a $2000-$3000 car at most.

If you really wanted something nice, then keep driving your current car and save up the payments you would be making on the $3k shitbox and buy yourself a ~10k car.
>>
>>1541275
I fixed those. Idiot.

>spark plugs
>belts
>mounts
>wiring
>throttle
>rims and tires
>maintenance

Still shakes.

>>1541305
Thanks for the answer. I know I should know better by deciding myself but I eanted to ask someone with experience first. My family is known to be bad with monry and my friends rely on their family.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.