[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have AU$25,000 to invest What should I invest in on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1RmKqwX.jpg (176KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1RmKqwX.jpg
176KB, 1334x750px
I have AU$25,000 to invest

What should I invest in on the stock market /biz/?
>>
>>1539370
Hold it, market will falter soon enough; Proof? Look at the housing market and volume currently. Free money won't last forever, and you don't want to be the one absorbing other peoples losses. Invest in education for the moment, and don't tell me you can't find a way to teach yourself because you're already a genius.
>>
Cool Ranch Doritos
>>
>>1539396
>Proof? Look at the housing market

LEL. Where do you think all the property bingers will park their cash once a correction hits?
>>
>>1539396
housing market isnt going to crash in Australia... a lot of people think this but the government recognized this in their foreseeable future and have already begun improving infrastructure (at least in Sydney) to support Australia's fast paced growth in population. Australia's housing market is relatively small but has been expanding very quickly, it may falter smaller but it will continue at its rate and expand like other cities, like London and Berlin

my 2 cents though. i just hate the doomsday housing market crash scenario in Australia
>>
>>1539370
I dont know what type of return you are looking for and how much time you have, but i always suggest the lazy man approach

save enough till you have a 20% deposit, purchase an apartment and rent it out to pay the mortgage back. Once this is paid off, with you also paying a bit extra of what you save to diminish interest quicker, you'll have your first passive income stream. If you continue at this you can retire pretty comfortably with multiple investment properties

There are a lot of advantages to this, especially tax breaks. But it takes a lot of time to save enough capital and a lot of knowledge about real estate. Though its not hard, just requires you putting in the time which anyone can do. There isn't massive amounts of risk, it makes it easier to keep a tenant forever when you have good people skills and dont get greedy overcharging rent.

p.s. if your looking for a career change, keep an eye for positions at one of the big 4. If you have a decent job working for them (must be fulltime) they will waiver the 20% deposit and you'll only need 10% (this is one of their attractive employee benefits)
>>
>>1542058
the thing is that the policy makers (fiscal & monetary branches) in their infinite wisdom have funneled most investment into housing, so if the bubble doesn't pop we're stuck with a doll house economy and fucked forevermore

>captcha: select all images with a house
we're doomed
>>
Macy's stock price is going up, I think it might go up a few dollars over the next two weeks
>>
>>1542064
Pretty sure you can already get a decent enough loan at 10% for an investment property
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.