[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >not a fan of nepotism >trying to get an entry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: absolutely unemployable.jpg (117KB, 866x803px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely unemployable.jpg
117KB, 866x803px
>be me
>not a fan of nepotism
>trying to get an entry level role in an industry
>friend of family friend turns out to be the CEO of a huge company in that industry
>they said they would put in a word for me

Time to embrace what everyone else already does.
>>
>>1538923
advance up the ladder and destroy it from the inside
>>
>>1538923
To play double's advocate here, nepotism might be a good thing.

Suppose you're good at the job but bad at resume polishing & interviewing. That inside track referral might put you ahead of a bullshit artist they might otherwise hire.

Just don't fuck up the job, OP.
>>
>>1538965
>double's advocate
>>
File: Double check.png (164KB, 397x380px) Image search: [Google]
Double check.png
164KB, 397x380px
>>1538977
I advocate. You get doubles.

What's not to love?
>>
>>1538977
Look the guys advice is pretty solid honestly. I'm happy to do my best at the job. Just because the guys messes up his idioms doesn't mean you can claim his point isn't valid and use that as some kind of escape goat
>>
>>1538923
If a business hires an employee with family ties in the company, that's often a welcome guarantor that said employee would be less willing/likely to fuck it up and will show more loyalty to the job.
>>
>>1538977
>>1538980
Oh shit!
>>
>>1538980

Giving good advice and tapping into kek's favor, shadilay friend
>>
>>1538923
I got hired from nepotism because I was sick of all the interviews that went nowhere.

Fuck it. Don't let pride weigh you down - the people who give you shit for it would do the same if they had the chance.
>>
>>1538965
>nepotism might be a good thing.
the only good thing about it is that an employer would have more data on one of their family members than some random retard which you only have their resume on.
>>
>>1538923
do your best OP. I got a good word put in for me by a family friend at a fortune 500 and I still didnt get the job lol
>>
>Upper management from another area puts in good word for applicant
>it's her nephew/son/idr
>hire him out of "professional courtesy" as my direct manager puts it
>Worst. Fucking. Worker. EVER.
>entitled little shit worked for less than two weeks
>telling people who've been there for years how to do their job
>doesn't understand you work the hours you are scheduled, not whenever you want
>fucks up the simplest of tasks
>clearly never worked anything before
>coddled his whole life
>try to be optimistic and be his mentor for these two weeks, tempers rising
>"I don't need this job or to listen to you"
>several co workers over heard
>opened the door and told him to get out
>"YOU CAN'T DO THAT I'LL HAVE YOU FIRED"
>His manager relative is out of our area, just happens to know ours from working 20+ years, zero authority here
>Told him he'll be trespassed if he doesn't leave
>"BUT I HAVE NO RIDE"
>he had to wait outside until his ride came
>relative calls, think i'm going to get absolute hell for firing her baby
>she said "You never fuck with your own, it's god damn courtesy and you should have kept him."
>"This is Pizza Hut will it be for carry out or delivery?"

Never got any flak from it. Nepotism can be fucking awful. I don't give a fuck if you're genghis khan's first born, if you are an awful worker ain't nobody got time for dat
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.