[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean to earn more money in different countries and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What does it mean to earn more money in different countries and currencies?

I am confused exactly what the means.

For example, take Norway and Canada.

Average wages in Norway are higher, but prices are also higher. So how exactly does that mean wages are higher? Surely the value of a currency is based on its ability to purchase things?

So wouldn't it be better to live and work in a country with the best wage:price ratio?

Monthly wages in two countries:

Canada $4,134
Norway $5,418
>>
Canada is much bigger than Toronto. What may be true in Toronto is certainly not true in Edmonton or Vancouver or Halifax.
>>
>>1521074
Not always. Compare what you have in each country (ie: health care, public transport, ability to walk to places, etc.) and you may notice that even though a country has a worse ratio, it may be better to live in because of how many of your expenses are covered.
The richer you become, the more important that wage:price ratio becomes.
>>
it also has an impact on the wealth distribution and the size of the middle class
there's an interesting graph on the internet that I can't be bothered to find, but it shows the wealth distribution of multiple countries and the size of the respective wealth classes

basically in Northern europe countries where the standard of life is very high and the wages/prices too, the middle class is considerably bigger than in countries with extreme wealth distribution inequalities such as the USA, the UK, France...
>>
>>1521112
Do you know the term for a tax that will be paid either privately or through taxes that all poor people pay, but that rich people only pay through taxes? Can't remember. It's ________ taxation or something.
>>
>>1521102
>Compare what you have in each country (ie: health care, public transport, ability to walk to places, etc.) and you may notice that even though a country has a worse ratio, it may be better to live in because of how many of your expenses are covered.

Those expenses are covered with higher taxes, so you're still paying.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.