[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there a youtube channel that actually explains the basics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1422395164975.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1422395164975.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
So is there a youtube channel that actually explains the basics of stock trading?

Every single video I watch on the subject involves some con artiest telling you how you can make thousands of dollars in seconds if you sign up for there e-class, or buy there e-book or other garbage.
>>
>>1519102

No

If you want to learn it for real stop being a fag and get some books.

Start by learning to read financial accounts, then read benjamin graham
>>
>>1519105
>benjamin graham
>Read the works of an 1800's investor, to learn about the modern stock market

Thanks for the info anon, but i'm a little skeptical about this part. Can you explain his relevance?
>>
>>1519111

His relevance is that he's the grandfather of value investing, and his books from 1940 are being reprinted today because he is so amazing, and his writing so good, and his advice still applicable.

I'd suggest once you can read accounts to pick up the reprint of the 1940 edition of Security Analysis, or perhaps pick up his reprinted, or 1975 edition of The Interpretation of Financial Statements.

Nothing has changed about the stock markets since his time, except financial information on companies has become much easier to access due to the internet, and updated accounting regulations.
>>
>>1519112
ok thanks. I was not expecting to get a serious answer here. I guess I was wrong.
>>
Watch kahn academy's videos on finance. The guy who created them (Sal Kahn) used to be a hedge fund analyst so he knows what he's talking about. He doesn't shill specific trading strategies or anything but he teaches you enough to at least know what you're doing.
>>
/biz/ is the best place to learn
>>
Where can I learn to read an account?
>>
>>1519111
>In 1961, Buffett revealed that Sanborn Map Company accounted for 35% of the partnership's assets. He explained that in 1958 Sanborn stock sold at only $45 per share when the value of the Sanborn investment portfolio was $65 per share. This meant that buyers valued Sanborn stock at "minus $20" per share and were unwilling to pay more than 70 cents on the dollar for an investment portfolio with a map business thrown in for nothing which earned him a spot on Sanborn's board.
This is the kind of investing clueless old boomers have in mind when they tell you to read Benjamin Graham
>>
>I can't learn anything unless it's presented in online video form

Millennial trash.
>>
File: 1396833053028.gif (477KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1396833053028.gif
477KB, 500x280px
>>1519212
>Buy a book
>One guys un-updated opinions about things
>No easy way to ask him a question or talk with other people who have read the book
>Writers always try to pile on as much filler as possible for higher page count. I did it with my book.
>Book reviews are dirt cheap from china

>Watch a video
>Guy puts out regular content
>Can read/post comments on the video
>Views and subs are harder to fake
>Plenty of related videos on the side

Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>1519102
Security Analysis by Graham.

Shrekli does a few decent ones.
>>
>>1519165
this
>>
>looking up get rich quick schemes on youtube for information
Why? Go to wikipedia or investopedia, investopedia even has dumbed down videos for you.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/futures.asp
>>
Read "think & grow rich" by Napoleon hill. Also you can listen to the audiobook on YouTube. One of the best biz books of all-time, anyone else agree?
>>
>>1519102
Seconding Martin Shrekli. It's also pretty funny to watch
>>
>>1519102
What exactly do you mean by 'stock trading?'

Do you mean day trading or actual value investing?
>>
Watch these vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDB9e_cO4k&list=PLECECA66C0CE68B1E
Takes some time to watch all 40 of them but they help. It focuses on long term investing via stock so don't plan on being rich overnight.
>>
>>1519165
If you're an autistic crypto faggot trading with neet bux.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.