[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, it looks like i will be coming into some money in a few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

So, it looks like i will be coming into some money in a few months after things are setteled.

Somewhere between $100000 and $130000 depending on how things go.

I am a dumbshit college student (almost done) and I am unemployed and have never had more than $4000 before.

I have no idea what to do with it.

Mabey get some dental work done and a car less than 20 years old.

Any advice for a clueless canadian?

I know for sure $60000 of that is non taxable income.
>>
>>$2-4000 car
>>10-15,000 Plot of land
>>$5-10,000 Trailer
>>Internet
>>Invest the rest

Thank me later
>>
>>1518872
Is it expensive to heat a trailer during winter? They have less insulation but they are also smaller so idk. Not OP btw.
>>
>>1518872
I've lived in a few trailers before. Central/electric heating is usually pretty hard on the electric bill, so your best bet if you can is to try to find a second hand wood stove. You can often find people selling firewood by the truckload for decently cheap. Last time I had wood heat was ~5 years ago, and I paid about $75 for a pickup truck load that got me through the winter. This may vary if you're in a colder area.
>>
>>1518986
>>1518990

Sorry, quoted myself accidentally
>>
Any suggestions for what to invest it? In?
>>
>>1518850
I'll invest it for you and turn it into 200k in less than 1 year...but I want 20% of the profits.

t. 10 years investor who turned 5k into 25k
>>
my high was $72,000, a 1340% inc. but I made a couple purchases and gambled almost half of remainder on memes

Needless to say, I suggest you avoid investing in memes.
>>
Ok, my brother brought up a point I had not considered.

Buying a house and renting it out.

He knows people due to a lot of odd jobs in the construction field and doing a fair bit as a under the table plumber.

It sounds like an interesting idea, but as I understand it bad tenants can fuck that up.
>>
>>1519872
its better than investing if you can do it because you are guaranteed profit unless they completely destroy your house

in the uk we have companies that handle all of the rent and damages side of it while taking a part of the money
>>
>>1519533
lol
>>
I was in your shoes once and the way I saw it was- I'm never going to be less financially educated than I am now, plus I might never have more money than this again. So basically be meticulous.

I would say, given the current state of your life, live as though this windfall didn't happen for a while. Work hard for as much as 5 years while you invest this money as best you can. You will likely have around 150k at that point. (In my case, I did this because I got an amount that didn't really have me set for life. Had I used it on property or living expenses, it would've gotten exponentially less useful.)

If it would be profitable to invest the money in your career, do so. But windfall money should mostly be seen as a tool, and the bigger it is the more useful it is, as obvious as that sounds.

You will probably come across other opportunities like buying property that you can rent out to people- it isn't that hard so you should probably grab that chance by the balls.

I'm not that financially educated but these are just my two cents as someone who had a 6-figure windfall. This list is somewhat incomplete but I can't think of what else to add atm.
>>
File: iStock_000017157105_Large.jpg (108KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000017157105_Large.jpg
108KB, 900x600px
>>1518850
Don't spend any of it you fucking idiot. That should be money you save. Don't buy a fucking car.

Diversify the shit out of it, yes, but don't buy fucking liabilities like a fucking god damned car unless you ABSOLUTELY NEED IT(which I guarantee you do not)

Dental work... m8 that's up in the air. We don't know what your teeth are looking like or whatever, but if this is something that really gets to you and effects maybe your social life or some shit that's serious, then just do it AND THAT'S IT. It better not be some fucking 30 grand procedure either, more like 10 grand MAX and it better be the best shit ever and put to rest all of your dental worries.

DO NOT SPEND THIS FUCKING MONEY OTHERWISE. YOU DON'T HAVE AN INCOME. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEND IT.

t. ALL SUCCESSFUL /biz/RAELIS
>>
If you want to invest I will give you 1% of my company for around 6k depending on what my partners think, we have almost 90k invested.
It's a pretty damm clear cut buisness with huge profit potentials to say the least, with very quick returns, well actually all money goes back into the company for the first year for growth, but the first pay out will be quite large, if we overtake our competitor it would come out to 100k a year at 1%, If your not completly full of shit and intrested, I will post a fake email below if you would like, I would then need proof your situation is real, and then we can begin serious communications. I live in Cali if you would like to open a weed clinic I can do this aswell, I have people willing to take the fall for it so no worries. My advice get a normal job and do not spend a dime for atleast 6 months until you are clear headed, my friend got an 80k payout invested 10k in my company and then somehow managed to blow the rest on clothes and shoes.. Do not be like him, best of luck and again don't be an idiot, either invest in yourself or an actual investment, if you invest require a very detailed plan and contract.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.