[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help I'm graduating with a BS in Stats this year, never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: v.png (747KB, 1705x1028px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
747KB, 1705x1028px
Help I'm graduating with a BS in Stats this year, never had an internship. What jobs can I get and should be applying for? I have 0 connections
>>
>didnt get internships.

goofed.webm

have fun doing the applications everywhere thng. shouldve made contacts.

not too late. become am actuary. youll start at around $75k just by having passed the first three actuary exams.
>>
How the fuck can you have zero connections? These days, literally the least valuable thing you get out of university is the degree. The entire point is to mature, become independent and professional, polish soft skills, learn how to market yourself, make connections, and yes, learn some basic relevant information in your field so it doesn't cost a potential employer a fortune to train you in your job.

Statistics especially is an increasingly social science, with most sophisticated companies and industries investing in statistical models and analysis requiring excellent written and VERBAL communication skills, which it sounds like you need to work on ASAP if you literally have zero connections.

At least a BS in Statistics is versatile. I can't tell you what you should go for - but don't do anything for the money or you'll be very unhappy.
>>
>>1518272
>>1518274
How the fuck do I make connections with the professors? There's nothing to talk to them about that isn't awkward as fuck. Also there were pretty mu ch 0 stats internships, trust me I applied
>>
>>1518278
You don't go out of your way to make connections with the professors unless you're thinking about grad school or somewhere you need recommendation letters. You make connections with classmates with potential, classmates with connections, local businesses, local entrepreneurs, etc.

You don't necessarily need a stats internship right off the bat. Going directly into a job that matches the title of your degree is a massive meme. The degree will come in handy, after you prove a baseline of your worth to some institution with credibility, so you can begin building a legitimate professional reputation.
>>
>>1518257
>graduating
>never had an internship
>I have 0 connections
>What jobs can I get

try mcdonalds
>>
>>1518296
Fuck you
>>
>>1518257
>never had an internship.
>no connections

Starbucks.

>>1518278

I mean I understand, I didn't have connections either, in my case I had uni in one region of the country and then moved to another to look for work, so even if I tried my connections wouldn't be relevant.

If you want honest advice, having a professional reference and some employment helps. Get a scrub job immediately, coffee shop, retail, whatever. Just do a good job and your manager can be a reference. Nothing pisses employers off like putting only professors as references.

>>1518283
>Going directly into a job that matches the title of your degree is a massive meme.

I think this is true now. You don't get shit right out of uni anymore, gotta scrub a while.
>>
>>1518296
>>1518307
Kek
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.