[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has retarded parents? Dad thinks investing in the stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 19

File: 1474417659390.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474417659390.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
Who here has retarded parents?

Dad thinks investing in the stock market is a scam, but has been collecting every limited edition beer cans since the 70s thinking they'll be worth a ton some day.

My Mom thinks coupons is saving money, when if you didn't buy any of the stupid shit, you'd actually be saving money. She will go in to Kohl's to buy socks and see a buy $100 get $10 off promotion, and buy $100 worth of shit she don't need just to get $10 off. And will say "the socks paid for themselves." Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
I'll buy your dad's beer can collection for 5000 dollars
>>
It is a scam. The can be be worth something and the shares be 0, cause all business eventually end up 0
>>
>>1515059
All people end up dying. Should we just not live at all?
>>
>>1515060
it would definitely be preferable.
>>
>>1515048
try r9k
>>
>>1515060
we aren't living bro.
>>
not retarded parents but a retarded sister

>brother in law works in the oilfields
>sister burns through his checks every month
>he makes 6 figures a year but they are scrounging for money every month, having to borrow money from my parents

>sister: we bought a new truck! $80,000!
>sister: oh! and a trailer and RV! only $50,000

>brother in law sees his pay cut by 40% now making $70,000 a year
>sister is still buying shit they dont need- hottubs, A boat, wants to buy a cabin by the lake

>shtf- brothers pay is reduced by another 10% from the original
>cant make the mortgage payments- has to sell house now or it gets taken by the bank but is still buying shit they shouldnt. Shes till talking about that fucking cabin

its like watching a trainwreck in slow motion, and its taking my parents down with them. My mom doesnt want my Dad to give them anymore money but he keeps loaning them thousands every month.

Bonus- I got to see my mom beat by Dad upside the head because he called me reckless with money when i said i was going on a thousand dollar vacation- the first one in 3 years on my own dime.
>>
Poor people hurt themselves because they assume their time isn't worth anything, I used to spend hours trying to reduce costs cut costs cheaper deal sale used, but your just worse off, replacing things, wasting time, feeling like shit when you have to buy something you need, better to focus on income, revenue, career, climbing a ladder versus a stasis that never comes notice how many lotto tickets are saying "set for life" that's how these people look for in money
>>
>>1515104
i would rape your sister holy shit
>>
>>1515104
That guy is whipped by his girl.

He needs to tell your sister to stop fanging him for money.
>>
>>1515120
hes never home. He on the books works 4 weeks on 1 week off. But his company has told him he will only take 4 days off then back at work or they will find someone who will

oilfields are dying right now

The poor bastard recovers for 2 days, has one day off, and the fourth day hes packing his bags for another month of work.

>>1515117
shes ugly as sin. I dont know WHAT IT IS with tradesman/oilfield workers and ugly fucking women.
>>
>Have son
>he think's he's gonna beat the market
>he doesnt know the Limited Edition collectible market is far more lucrative
>laugh at him in secret
>>
>>1515125
>oilfields are dying right now
Stick with it.

Even when cars stop using oil, we'll need it for other products. Computers require oil in their manufacturing process. That's only going to increase.
>>
>>1515104
I know that feel, but not on that level. My Brother is 24 and has a child, but doesn't own shit, spends all his money on video games, and lives off my Dad and Grandparents. I'm 22 working full time, have my own apartment, etc. and always get told how stupid I am with my money because I like to go on fishing trips.
>>
>>1515104
your sister sounds like your average woman
>>
>>1515048
>Dad thinks investing in the stock market is a scam
Your dad knows best.
Your shares will be worth 0 when the company goes out of business, but his cans will always be worth at least 5 cents, 10 cents if you live in Minnesota.

And it's likely that they will be worth more.
>>
Financially, they're not retarded but do not think about long term consequences due to jewery.

Otherwise, they're alright. Both stem majors so I think that had a lot to do. Especially with my mom who was a super nerd.
>>
>>1515094
>we aren't living bro.

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>1515104
Jesus, kill that hoe
>>
My dad told me the best way to get ahead in life is buy purchasing a new car and financing it as well as anything else such as new tv's, credit cards, because even if youre in debt it will increase your credit rating so you can later on buy a house.
>>
>>1515556
Your father is a wise man
>>
You guys have genius parents compared to my father.
Can't get into details ATM, but basically he's been working a job that makes absolutely no sense for over 7 years without making any money whatsoever, and he still 100% believes it's going to make him a billionaire in less than a week. Every week.

I'd really like to see someone beat this.
>>
>>1515724
Is he a crypto daytrader?
>>
>>1515772
Nope
>>
>>1515815
Please fucking post what he does. I love hearing about this kind of stuff.
>>
>>1515815
I thought for sure you were shitposting to make fun of cryptofags.
Are you serious?
>>
>>1515059
Idiot. It can only go down to 0.01.
>>
>>1516561
http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/NGBL/quote
>>
Got the Notis shill
>>
>>1516561
why is it that newbs to the stock market have no clue about stocks in the trips? (.0001-.0009) there is alot of money there.
>>
>>1516652
would you like to know how i know that you're retarded?
>>
>>1515048
>Dad thinks investing in the stock market is a scam,
Dad is way smarter than you are.
>>
>>1515125
right now yeah but 2-3 years ago those guys were the fucking kings, pulling 150k first year out of highschool with no diploma needed in alberta or texas oilfieds

also interesting schemes like 2 week work, 2 week off

seems like your BIL is getting buttfucked by his company , especially the "only take 4 days or we will find someone who will"
>>
>investing in the stock market is a scam
I seriously fucking hate the mentality behind this. You could invest in any decent paying dividend stock(4%) and it would give you almost triple what a savings account would give you in dividends alone, not to mention growth for the yr.
>>
>>1516743
>4%
>almost triple
>of a savings account
My savings account gives less than half of one percent and it's the higher-tier savings account with a higher interest rate and higher minimum balance.
>>
File: freak.png (218KB, 500x969px) Image search: [Google]
freak.png
218KB, 500x969px
>>1516463
>>1516471
I'm dead serious.

He and an astonishingly large number of people sit all day on Skype playing pretend broker, where they work as intermediaries for multi-billion dollar deals (sometimes it's even in the trillions).

They do retarded things like selling historical bonds for their nominal 8-figure value when they're worth 50 bucks at most because they're not valid anymore and are sold as a collection item.
They send him pictures of the (often homeless-looking) owner with 50 of them in his hands trying to sell them for 10 billions or stuff like that.

They talk about private placement programs that yield 500% daily on multi-billion dollar investments, or about trading commodities in absurd quantities (they once worked on a deal where the amount of gold being sold exceeded all the mined gold in the world).
Also a ton of other type of businesses that a child couldn't believe, but I CBA to type them all. You get the idea.

The seller/buyer is always some random guy (often from a third world country) that allegedly acts on behalf of world-power governments and huge companies like Gazprom, Saudi Aramco, etc.

All the proof they have is some amateurly-made PDF that could have been made by anyone with a computer, or even a real one with edited data.

They all come from all walks of life that aren't related to finance and in 7+ years that he's done this he never met anyone who closed one of these deals (obviously), but he believes a lot of people become rich because every time one of his collaborators gets out of this (and changes his number/skype), they all believe that it must be because he got rich and doesn't want to share with his former collaborators.

All they know about finance they learned from one another and believe the words of some random guy on the Internet who never even closed 1 deal as gospel.

(1/2)
>>
File: nigerian-scammer.jpg (37KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
nigerian-scammer.jpg
37KB, 500x503px
>>1516463
>>1516471
>>1517011
(2/2)

They also spend half their time arguing about how to split the multi-billion dollar commission despite all of them being dirt-poor (except the rare few who also have other jobs, which are at most middle class).

I think they call them "Joker Brokers", and the whole thing is basically retarded scammers trying to scam other scammers with a bunch of retards in the middle believing both.

I still don't understand how retarded this thing is. FFS, even those nigerian 419 scammers are smarter than this.
Then I remember how much of an all-around retard he is and everything makes sense.
This is not even the stupidest thing he's done. Only the most damaging, as it has fucked our family beyond repair on so many levels.

Also, I made everything up, because there's no chance of me saying something so risky about a thing that could be illegal on a website where law enforcement is knows to visit, right?
After all, the stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>1517012
I tend to believe.

I have a handful of treasure hunters in my family. Broke fellows of relatively low IQ that are convinced they're going to stumble onto billions of dollars worth of lost gold without really working at it.

I used to believe them when I was a kid, and I admit to spending a fair amount of time treasure hunting. Always you'd hear stories of "I know a guy that knows a guy that found millions of dollars worth of gold buried inches below the surface."

but I grew out of that. I still go metal detecting for pocket change and lost jewelry, but I know that's no substitute for a job and a retirement account. It's a hobby, the odds of winning big are actually better in the lottery.
>>
>>1515125
kek, Alberta has tons of fucking work. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1383184286161.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1383184286161.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>1516667
>>
>>1517021
>I have a handful of treasure hunters in my family
Were you on that thread about the Lost Rhoades mine last week?
I suddenly have the urge to draw fake maps and sell them to dumbfucks in Utah.
>>
>>1517021
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know it was actually a thing. I thought it was a hobby of mostly old rich people who actually organize serious expeditions (with real scientists, historians, etc).
Never knew about the "amateur" side.

Do they do any kind of research/study or they just go on a regular beach or in the woods with a metal detector?
If so, what kind of research is it?
>>
>>1517030
yes, that's me.
I've seen people go to prison for everything from fake treasure maps to fake gold bars to investments in mining companies that will do nothing but get investments and then go out of business.

most of the people involved in that are either scammers or suckers.

>>1517031
some of them do serious research including visiting ancient church libraries and wandering around hunting down and interviewing anyone with some knowledge of the subject.

Most just read every bit of published info they can find online or at the library regarding the specific treasure they're hunting.

there's also a lot of schizophrenia and spiritualism in the hobby. People dowsing maps or consulting with spirits. People that claim to have received special knowledge. It doesn't pay off though. Amateur treasure hunters of that sort almost never succeed.
>>
>>1517042
Ah I see...

It makes sense that something like this attracts spiritual people.
My father is also very religious and spiritual.

I think it all stems from the kind of mindset you need to start believing in illogical things without a reason, because it makes you feel good.
>>
>>1517051
>I think it all stems from the kind of mindset you need to start believing in illogical things
this is it exactly.

this is also why Amway and other MLM's target fundamentalist Christians exclusively.
>>
>>1517055
Yeah lol, the funny thing is that my father was in a couple of those MLM too about 15 years ago.
>>
>>1517011
>>1517012
This is too stupid to be a lie.
But how can it be real? How can so many people fall for something so completely surreal?
>>
>>1517059
yep, my family has done Amway, Melaleuca, Legal Shield, and Herbalife.

I think all of them have lost money on each one.

at least those aren't huge losses. A hundred bux here or there. My wife sold Mary Kay for a while but she actually made money on that deal. Not enough to care about, but at least it was a profit.
>>
>>1517055
>I think it all stems from the kind of mindset you need to start believing in illogical things
Did you ever read Supreme Gentleman's manifesto?
He literally thought he was "destined" to win the lottery and spent thousands on it. Every time he didn't, he rationalized why it didn't happen and ended up crushingly depressed.
I have no idea why he offed all those people.
>>
>>1515104

the poor fucker, your sister sounds like a greedy whore
>>
>>1517066
>He literally thought he was "destined" to win the lottery and spent thousands on it. Every time he didn't, he rationalized why it didn't happen and ended up crushingly depressed.
What a strange delusion.

>I have no idea why he offed all those people.
Because he hated normies.
>>
>>1517011

holy fuck is your dad a Nigerian scam artist or something? does he have strong juju?
>>
File: wojak1.jpg (24KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
wojak1.jpg
24KB, 521x521px
>>1517061
I ask myself the exact same thing almost every day.
I especially find it hard to rationalize how he still believes all these things after I show him all the proofs that they're fake.
Neither fact, nor logic, nor pure and simple data work with him. He'd rather believe what his friend told him on Skype than Wikipedia or some .gov website.

>>1517063
We can only hope at least we (and our loved ones) won't fall into something like that in the future, but I honestly find it dificult to be optimist.
Pic related to you my friend.
>>
>>1517066
>Did you ever read Supreme Gentleman's manifesto?
I skimmed it but there was a bit too much crazy in there for me to read the whole thing.

When I was his age I firmly believed I'd find a lost treasure worth more than I could ever spend. I kept that fantasy going clear into my 30's.

then my business endeavors took off and I kinda forgot about my silly hopes.

I do understand that people need something to hope for though. Getting rich would be a nice change for most people.
>>
>>1517072
Nope.
At least Nigerians don't actually believe the bullshit they're saying.
>>
>>1517022

>someone says there isn't much work
>immediately someone else claims there's lots of work
>>
>>1517069
>What a strange delusion
Sometimes when I visit this board, I think he really never died.

>he hated normies
He sure did. Partially because they stole his Gucci shades and pushed him off a ledge.

>>1517074
I had a metal detector once too.
Thankfully, my dad realized I was an idiot, so I wound up with a cheap one that didn't work for shit/broke almost immediately.
>>
>>1517073
>We can only hope at least we (and our loved ones) won't fall into something like that in the future,
my oldest kid asked me to sponsor him in Herbalife a few years back. He was underage and needed an adult to sign for him.

I gave him an hour long lecture on why it's a terrible idea and finally asked him why he wanted to join.

"I want to be a business owner like you, Dad."

It was the sweetest thing he's said to me since he was a kid. I sponsored him and paid his starter's fee.

Then I started training him on how I run my businesses so one day he can have one of them or start his own. I love the guy.

>>1517080
I find a few thousand dollars a year worth of junk with my detector, but then I spend like 40 hours a week detecting all spring, summer and fall. Just a retired man's hobby really. I don't play golf.
>>
>>1515048
M-might as well be... Right fellas?
>>
>>1517083
Good on you for educating your son. As long as you make sure he understands why these things are bad...

Also, wtf? How is it legal for Herbalife to allow minors to go around working for an MLM and selling to other gullible kids?
>>
>>1517087
He's got a good head for business, currently he's a GM for another company. He made General Manager in less than a year after starting at the bottom, I'm pretty proud of him.

legally he wasn't in Herbalife, I was. So kids can't really sell to other kids, they have to have their parents sign up. I'd guess most parents won't go along with it. I certainly wouldn't have if he didn't say what he did. But I can't stomp on a kid's ambitions, especially when he learned them from admiring my own.
>>
>>1517089
>especially when he learned them from admiring my own
That's why I'm going to make my work seem unappealing as possible to my kid. I don't think it, or 90% of the other things I did are appropriate for him.
With any luck, he'll choose a completely unrelated path.
>>
>>1517089
Kids can't sell to other kids TECHNICALLY.
If I understand it correctly, the kids do all the activities but just do them in their parent's name, correct?
I imagine there would be a lot of gullible/ignorant parents who would sign for their kid (even just to make him happy), so they would go and convince their friends, and so on...

Or am I understanding it wrong?
>>
>>1517093
for sure.
I worked pretty hard to talk my kid out of joining the Marines like I did at his age. I really wish I hadn'ta done that. It was a great learning experience and went pretty far in making me who I am today, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone I like.
>>
>>1517094
No, I think you're right. It costs $100 to join iirc though, and most of my son's friends' parents probably don't have that to throw away.

most kids would probably rather have a video game or some such anyways.
>>
>>1517096
>joining the Marines
Fucking hilarious.
Me too.
>>
>>1517099
did you do it or did you know better?

I joined during the first gulf war. About a million years ago.
>>
>>1517098
Yeah, I guess so.
I hope it's not too widespread, but then again I imagine it'd be better for them to join young and learn from the failure when they're kids and it can't do much damage, rather than discovering it when they're already adults and potentially ruining their lives.
>>
>>1517101
I did it.
Got one of those cool medals for the Gulf War too, even though I joined near the end.
>>
>>1517105
I think it ruins your life even more if you're successful at it. Being a great scammer isn't really anything to be proud of in my opinion.

but I agree. Lessons learned young might be the best ones. They usually cost less anyways.
>>
>>1517106
kek.

I'mma laugh if we served together. Hollywood marine, I did basic at the end of 90 and start of 91. Then did a couple years at Pendleton.

yeah, I got a fire watch ribbon sitting around somewhere too.
>>
>>1517107
>I think it ruins your life even more if you're successful at it. Being a great scammer isn't really anything to be proud of in my opinion.
How so?
As long as it's considered legal by your country and you don't care or know that you're setting people up for failure (which is usually the case), what would ruin your life?
>>
>>1517111
>if we served together
Nah, I went to the island.
Shoveled horse shit at Pendleton, though.
Good times.
>>
>>1517112
it's not really a respected or respectable way to make money. And what kind of person do you have to be to sell worthless junk to people and get rich off them?

it trains sociopaths. Just my opinion.
>>
>>1517114
the only horse shit I got to shovel was 3/5 darkhorseshit. good times indeed.
>>
>>1517115
Ah ok, I agree on that.

I thought there was some other practical consequence that would make you end up in a bad financial situation and things like that.
>>
>>1515104
Why don't you talk about it with your sister?!

Stupid people need help, really. Just help her understand her stupid behaviour. Just try it at least.
>>
>>1517119
>good times indeed
I watched a guy getting blanket partied get one arm free and split another guy's scalp with his flashlight (he was writing a letter).
Best of luck, Jarhead.
>>
>>1517128
>Best of luck, Jarhead.
and to you as well, old man.
>>
>>1516747
get a goldman sachs online savings account
>1.05 percent interest
>compound daily, paid monthly
>no minimum balance
>no monthly account fees
>no transaction fees

I got one as a secondary savings account and set it up so 15 percent of my paycheck is direct deposited into it. Haven't checked it in a while, but it's nice to know I have a few thousand just chilling and making me some extra money
>>
>>1515539

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nh3z3PSAkE
>>
>>1517011
>>1517012
what if your dad has whooping $$$ savings account for you because of this "job"
>>
>>1517328
Kek that would be fun, but as I said, this thing put our family through so much shit that it would require a special kind of crazy to let everything happen just to preserve a surprise.

He's stupid and illogical, but definitely not this crazy.
>>
>>1515142
>and always get told how stupid I am with my money because I like to go on fishing trips.

why do people do this? A few days ago I bought a sixpack of water bottles, so I have enough to go on 3 short mountain hikes and then my dad gets all butthurt "hurr why you need 6, if you need more 2 you just go buy more".

I hate this pretentious butthurt, when they buy all that useless garbage that they don't need.
>>
>>1515048
Retarded stepsister here.
>Same age as me
>I went to state college on my own savings
>work 30 hours a week to live decently and still be able to afford my lifestyle
>got a business degree, work at a local construction company, living comfortably

>she goes to Out of state university, takes out rediculous loans to pay for housing/food everything
>she has no job entire 5 years of her program
>she decides to take a year off before her final semester
>goes overseas vacationing to Rome, Cabo San Lucas, Jamaica, Japan, and Chile
>still no income
>moves to Atlanta
>gets job at PwC auditing, $60,000/yr with no advancement opportunities
>confesses to me in tears over the phone how she's $589,000 in debt

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN BORROW THAT MUCH ANYWAY. What institution would even consider loaning out to someone with no background of work whatsoever?

Oh and she's defaulting on her loans for the first year, so her interest increases by 0.6% or something each year.

And to top it all off she has herpes from fucking an island boy and she weighs 175lbs.

I'm appalled
>>
>>1517451
What would the monthly payments be on $589k?
>>
>>1517457
I'm not sure, but she's renting in Atlanta and her condo payments are $1100/month.
Add food/vehicle/utilities and she's going to be paying like 80% of her income just to exist
>>
>>1517451
What an incredible story. I thought my sister was bad.

> goes to private college on some scholarships, mostly loans.
> goes for physics has school job.
> halfway through decides dining services is too hard, drops it.
> decides physics is too hard, gets a liberal arts degree instead.
> gets a job out of school at family video because she can't get a real job.
> quits and takes a trip (using all her savings) to europe.
> comes back, moves to Georgia, where she can't get work. Defaults on her loans.
> finally gets job at starbucks.

> mfw she calls and tells me her credit is sub 300, but it's going up now.
> tfw I have a real job now (I'm four years younger). Get paid 70k, all my shits in order. 700+ credit, apartment and qt gf. She's still a barista.
> mfw my family openly talks to me about what a disappointment she is...
>>
>>1517473
Are you me? Girls, man. Some are fucking imbeciles.

I make $70,000/yr, my parents are proud of me and my credit is 785 or something idc because it's good.

I bought a house last year and I'm going to get married to a school teacher. Life is rad.
>>
>>1517478
No kidding. My mom spends at least half of all our conversations batching about how she's wasting her life.

My gf is gonna be a vet. Then we'll be a real power couple
>>
File: joker brokers.png (140KB, 1874x792px) Image search: [Google]
joker brokers.png
140KB, 1874x792px
>>1517011
>>1517012
Immortal.
>>
File: 1443879077505.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443879077505.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>1517508
Fug
>>
>>1517451
>confesses to me in tears over the phone how she's $589,000 in debt

Prepare yourself to attend her funeral after she blows her brains out.
>>
>>1517076
I live in Alberta. I'm not lying to you.
>>
>>1517672
what kind of experience / training do i need to work out there
>>
>>1517794
Depends on what trade you'd like to be involved with. You can generally get hired as an apprentice for electrician, pipefitting, ironworker, scaffolder, laborer or teamster without schooling or experience, and work your way up from there. Plant operators, HVAC guys, inspectors, welders, safety and engineers of all types generally require schooling to be considered.

Working on the rigs is a little different. You can get hired by those companies directly out of highschool. I know a few people who left highschool in grade 10 to do it, actually. But it's a long ladder to climb.

It's a really diverse field with many ways of entering. My advice is to apply to all the different unions here and try finding work through their private job boards.
>>
>>1517083
>>1517093

>creates new bullshit
>catered around "teach your sons how to run their own business...by letting them do it!"
>dads sign up so sons can "succeed"

thanks anon, never realized one can profit off of the love of their son
>>
>>1515133
"i have money in oil": the post
>>
>>1518140
What about the love of their wife's son?
>>
>>1515125

oilfields are dying right now

How much does Oil have to go up in price so oilfields recover ?
>>
>dad's idea of investment is buying shitty pleb collector coins or lots of foreign coins
>not the good ones, I mean the shitty ones
>only way to sell them is to sell to another fuckwit
>after shipping and fees you've lost money
>they don't really appreciate at all over time, don't even know if they keep up with inflation
>the foreign coins ain't worth fucking shit, you can't even cash them anywhere without massive fees
>like 10 cent coins from fucking bolivia or other garbage, just odd coins of it here and there

Collecting any item is such an autistic hobby. I want to murder people who collect stuff. It ain't worth shit, it's fucking junk.
>>
>>1515104

Damn what a fucking gold digging bitch, and what that ho do for work, nothing right? Fucking stay at home princesses. But your BIL doesn't have any nuts.

>>1515125
>shes ugly as sin.

So lemme get this straight, a man can live on like 30k, if he's making 100k and they're broke then that bitch is effectively costing him 70k a year. And she ugly? How much a fucking mail order bride cost? Sure not 70k annual.

>anons work their ass off at uni four years to make 70k
>uggo bitch use pussy power to sink claws into some mook, gets 70k

>>1515556

What the fuck am I reading
Slap your father for me.
>>
>friend of family, retard bitch, community college dropout because she couldn't be pissed to study
>gets involved with mlm, like selling knives and shit and even dumber ones
>refuses to get a real job
>begs on social media for sales or donations
>keeps getting involved with shitty guys (well she's a shitty girl I guess)
>baby rabies but must be infertile, despite trying no kid yet
>flits house to house crashing on people's couches
>still refuses to get a real job
>actually losing money on the mlms because she first buys the shit, which never sells of course
>some people tried to tell her it was a scam
>she just got mad and refused to listen

>>1517021

Treasure hunting is so romantic. I get jealous hearing of divers that find lost ships full of ancient gold coins. Man, that's like /out/ and /biz/ had a lovechild.

>>1517012
>>1517011

That's pretty bad man. Seven years, why does he think anyone is gonna buy the bridge he's selling? If he worked a regular fucking job he could have been manager by now (well, if he wasn't retarded.)

>>1517051
>>1517055

Kek.
>>
>>1515048
Coupons aren't bad if they're for something you were already going to buy. It's even better if it's for food items. You can plan an entire week of eating around coupons. Not that I ever do, I'm too lazy to bother.
>>
>>1517185
>>1.05 percent interest

>inflation is about 3%
>effectively losing money every year
>smug about it

You're in the right thread but the wrong role. Don't bother having more than like 3k in your savings. Or fuck I don't bother, I just put it in checking to make it easier. 1% on 3k is like 30 bucks, what is that? Piss money.

>>1517451
>she's $589,000 in debt

HOW THE FUCK
Shit, 60k isn't even a bad job, but how the living fuck. HOW. Damn, I used to be jelly of kids who went on abroad vacations all the time, but I guess that's how they "paid" for it eh? I went on two trips my entire uni, both local-region road trips. The one cost $400 (6 days) and the other $1000 (10 days).

>And to top it all off she has herpes from fucking an island boy and she weighs 175lbs.

Human garbage.

>>1517473
>gets a liberal arts degree

How do people still fall for this. You're better off dropping out.
>>
>>1518369

Coupons are almost never worth it. They're pretty much only for shit that's retarded, like prepackaged foods. Never seen a coupon for apples or oats or any actual food. And the brand name with coupon is still more expensive than generic a lot of the time. Back when I had a car I did use coupons for getting maintenance/work done and it saved me a tidy bundle. But as it turns out getting rid of the car saves a fortune.
>>
File: retard.jpg (24KB, 448x344px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
24KB, 448x344px
>>1515059
>The can be be worth something
>>
>>1517451
>$589,000 in debt

Holy FUCK, I cannot imagine how terrible this would feel. Especially the shame from being so dumb/reckless. Nonetheless I hope she learned from her mistakes and can get that shit sorted somehow (although that much debt strikes me as a kind of leprosy in the world).
>>
>>1518430

Bro I can't even imagine how she spent that much. I couldn't spend that in 10 years if I tried.
>>
>>1518380
>Damn, I used to be jelly of kids who went on abroad vacations all the time, but I guess that's how they "paid" for it eh
I spent a semester in Japan.
Because it was part of an exchange program, I paid in-state tuition to my public university. The school in Japan let me stay in their dorms for free (my school doesn't have dorms so their students get screwed on this every year). I also got a private grant that is given to every student from my school who goes into this exchange program, which covered my airfare, textbooks, and all the food I ate, and still I had a few thousand left over when I got home.
>>
>>1515048
>My Mom thinks coupons is saving money
It can be, but only if you use them to buy the shit you'd buy anyway (food, etc.).
>>
>>1518433

You seriously think you couldn't spend $59,000 per year? How poor are you that you can't envision the ability to spend $4,900/month?
>>
>>1518339

In later news my $200 investment of Legos is up $30. But it's for autistics? Am I right?
>>
>>1518362
>That's pretty bad man. Seven years, why does he think anyone is gonna buy the bridge he's selling? If he worked a regular fucking job he could have been manager by now (well, if he wasn't retarded.)
He actually had his own company which wasn't making a lot, but was new and was starting to make serious profits. He simply ignored it and started to do this.
>>
>>1517578
>>1518380
>>1518430

most of that 589k was spent on cruises and food and alcohol.
I left out that she went to vegas as well, and she had explained that she was spending around $3000 a day for staying in the belagio, gambling, and eating.

I don't know the longevity of threads on /biz/ but if you're still here, she also has confessed her herpes to our parents and they are only moderatly disgusted

also her loan payments apparently vary, considering they're from a plethora of sources.

last juicy detail i have, she's aborted 2 babies from her stint in college.

I hate to be like this but what would I even tell her to do? I have no advice for someone so far in the hole, physically and financially.

>tfw karma for shitty personality
i hate it for her but it's kinda funny how things played out.
>>
>>1519276

Sorry there is no way a scum bag like that can get access to a half million in credit
>>
>>1519276
Sorry to hear that m8.
If that makes you feel better, at least she only fucked her own life and (at least from what I understood) didn't fuck yours and the rest of the family's too.
>>
>>1518686
Nice!

My best score was a wii game. Paid $20 and it ended up becoming incredibly rare only 1 year later. Sold for $200 :)

My worst investments are ps3 games. I have a stack of 100 or so that that are mostly still the same price but a handful have doubled in value.

Everyone calls me a hoarder, its usually people who have a giant house absolutley stuffed with shite.
>>
Like both of my parents for example, one of whom makes 6 figures and still isnt a millionaire nearing retirement.
>>
>>1515048
You sound like a bit of a tard anon.
Socks, underwear, toilet paper, stuff you regularly replace is best bought in bulk.
>>
>aunt and uncle
>uncle makes around 300k, aunt makes 100-150k
>they live in a low cost of living area
>are now in their 70s
>can't afford to retire despite medical ailments
>they saved absolutely nothing
>don't even understand how they could spend that much
>forced to work with one foot in the grave
>still haven't changed their spending habits
>nicest folk ever but short on sense.

>>1518497

I spend less than 20k a year in a large US city, including travel budget of about 3k. I don't want for anything. Maybe I could get sushi out once a week, so an extra 30 a week or 1500 a year. Or a nicer apartment, maybe 1200 a month instead of 800. Still not approaching those levels.

I genuinely don't know what you could spend that much on. I can only eat so much food.

>>1518686
>30$

It's fucking nothing.

>>1519276

Cruises are stupid. You're trapped on a boat for like two weeks, how is that fun? I'd rather plane to somewhere nice and chill on land.
>>
Dad spends all his money on scratch off lottery tickets.

Mom spends all her money couponing buying useless items in bulk like italian dressing, folders, and dish detergent.

Yea, my parents are fucked.
>>
>>1515104
You have an equally retarded brother-in-law to let that shit happen. How can he let that shit slide?
>>
>>1519504
Some people are so terrified of being alone they will settle with any hag.
>>
>>1517012
More stories please.
>>
>>1517473
>mfw feminists smugly crow over how more females get college education
>mfw the same feminists cry hot tears of butthurt when muh wage gap

Could it be that higher education is a business that capitalises on the oblivious entitlement of spoiled millennial princesses?
>>
File: HAHAHA.jpg (13KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.jpg
13KB, 250x233px
>>1517451
I've meet people like this.

Mfw they tell me their situations. Honestly, people in my daily life provide enough entertainment due to an amazing lack in common sense and basic understanding of how things work.
>>
My mother isn't the best with money. Maybe not to that extreme, but I still don't understand her mindset.

>owes about $50k and doesn't make enough to make payments
>lives paycheck to paycheck
>refuses to find a better job

The worst thing is that she wants to move to Hawaii. Not just as a fantasy, she has convinced herself that she will get there if she thinks about it hard enough.

How?
She has three ways, either:
1. Win the lottery
2. Hard work
3. Magic

She claims that they are all about equally likely, and she is probably right.

Instead of actually working though, she focuses on buying tickets, praying to different gods, and thinking happy thoughts about it like it will magically happen on its own instead of planning, budgeting, or doing anything productive.
>>
>>1519490
Fuck me mate how do you survive on $20k in the city best I can do is around $30k
Maybe I'm getting raped on insurance
>>
>>1520469

>no car
>bills are 800 rent, 25 internet, 25 phone, 8 vpn
>40-60/wk food
>buy everything else from goodwill or craigslist
>pretty much spend nothing
>bike commute
>health ins is free
>seriously I don't buy anything
>use hostels and public transit for vacations
>all hobbies are nearly free

My base spending is about 15k, then from there it's how much of a jew I am. 20k is the max I could possibly spend. 800 rent because it's a shared place, normal rent is like 1400.
>>
My dad has two life insurance policies. He bought a house, even though the nature of his work puts him all over the country living out of hotels. He's paying a mortgage on a house he doesn't live in, and insurance premiums for his end-of-life that will likely involve very little debt and expenses (he's having his ashes scattered by the USMC and expressly does not want a funeral). I told him both are pretty shitty moves on his part; he told me I was wrong, and I didn't argue, because I'm his sole beneficiary.
>>
>>1515059
but dividends.
>>
>>1520461
That's the type of shit that causes mass shootings.
>>
File: alienchan fetal alcohol.jpg (15KB, 370x280px) Image search: [Google]
alienchan fetal alcohol.jpg
15KB, 370x280px
>>1518389

Agreed... I've known people who would do their supermarket shopping at their local place and then drive across town to use a couple of coupons at a different supermarket... its a pattern of behaviour driven by emotion rather than actual financial gain...
>>
>>1519327
>My best score was a wii game. Paid $20 and it ended up becoming incredibly rare only 1 year later. Sold for $200 :)

What was it called? I didn't think Wii games had a lot of rare and in demand titles?
>>
>>1520091
>Could it be that higher education is a business that capitalises on the oblivious entitlement of spoiled millennial princesses?

Better question: How to profit from said spoiled millennial princesses?
>>
>dad dies when I am very young
>mother gets his assets
>she gives several thousand to churches while we bunk with my grandmother for several years
>eventually she decides she wants to own a home
>financial advisor (who was also the pastor of the local church) was managing her money
>tells her it's ok to use the money to buy a house
>she withdraws $400k from her roth ira to buy the house outright
>gets royally FUCKED by the IRS
>grandmother takes out a large loan on her house to cover the taxes
My mother isn't necessarily stupid as she is naive and uneducated.
>>
>>1520763
Just dick them and leave.
Literally no reason to have an ltd in 2017.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-City-Beer-The-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Steelers-50-Seasons-2-Beer-Cans-Steel-/261612927591

daddy knows best fag
>>
Matthew Henry Commentary
6:1-4 The great duty of children is, to obey their parents. That obedience includes inward reverence, as well as outward acts, and in every age prosperity has attended those distinguished for obedience to parents. The duty of parents. Be not impatient; use no unreasonable severities. Deal prudently and wisely with children; convince their judgements and work upon their reason. Bring them up well; under proper and compassionate correction; and in the knowledge of the duty God requires. Often is this duty neglected, even among professors of the gospel. Many set their children against religion; but this does not excuse the children's disobedience, though it may be awfully occasion it. God alone can change the heart, yet he gives his blessing to the good lessons and examples of parents, and answers their prayers. But those, whose chief anxiety is that their children should be rich and accomplished, whatever becomes of their souls, must not look for the blessing of God.
Ephesians 6:2
>>
My dad is just scared of this kind of shit or financial risk in general, and I can´t honestly blame him. He has been living all his life in Fuck Me in the Ass: The country, and suddenly his 20 old year old son who has been from average to mediocre and a freak autistic fuck almost all of his life tells him he is trying to invest online. A father worries for his son, and he just wants me to settle down and live a happy,stable, simple life, but that kind of life its not for me.
Only time will tell who was right and who was wrong
>>
>>1517421
My father has the opposite problem.
>Go to a hardware store, one of the things he needs is batteries for his TV remote
>He picks out a brick of 40 batteries because they're marginally cheaper per battery
>In 2 years when his remote needs a new pair of batteries again he'll have lost the other 38 in his messy as fuck house and end up buying another brick of 40
>>
File: THISGUY.png (137KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
THISGUY.png
137KB, 300x250px
>>1520898
>>
File: 88999000.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
88999000.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
My mother is 57 years old
My father is 60 years old

They have worked for a combined total of 80 years
They have a total of $700 in savings (lifetime)
$400 of that is because I lent them the money to buy an Xbox which they haven't done yet - They literally begged me. They told me that if they had an Xbox they would spend more time gaming and wouldn't need to go out to restaurants to pass the time. They told me the only reason I have so much money saved is because I play videogames. Anyway since I leant them the money they have spent over $2000 in restaurants.

They are just full retard when it comes to finance.
Probably the most pathetic investment I have seen them make was when my dad spent $1000 on bottles of Mineral Water that he then filled halfway with sunflower seeds. He tried to sell it at a local market as 'Dinner-al Water' as a meal replacement for $10 a bottle. He lost $1000.
>>
>>1519490

> It's fucking nothing.

Explain.
>>
>>1517011
>>1517012
>10/10
>fucking five star post nigga
>>
>>1520033
I don't remember much, as these things happened in the last 7 years and I've stopped paying attention years ago because honestly this shit triggers me more than Trump triggers liberals.
Also, since all of this is obviously made up, it's going to take me some time to fabricate new stories.

English is not our mother tongue, so I used to translate his emails and documents to English and got to read many of them.
Half of them were clearly translated with Google Translate or something similar, and the other half were written by someone who learned English from someone who doesn't speak English. Remember these were supposedly from powerful governments and companies.

They often had a copy of the passport of the guy selling/purchasing and they were fake in a laughably obvious way. For example, the image was a grainy scan with jpeg artifacts (to the point of making it hard to read), but the picture was crisp as fuck and partially covered the staples of the real picture, and the text was often just typed over the old one with MS Paint in a different font and color (not to mention the real text still being visible underneath).

I remember one time showing him how ridiculously fake one passport was by showing him all these things, and he still believed it was real, and even tried to trick me by opening a scan of his own passport and zooming on some text that didn't identify him to try and get me to say that this one was fake too, despite it not having any of the characteristics that made the old one fake, and the little detail that he opened it in front of me and I saw it was his.
Needless to say, he still believed the passport was real and went on with the deal.

(1/?)
>>
>>1521050
This other time, he was working on a multi-billion dollar deal where the buyer or seller was a man that had a familiar name, so I googled him and remembered that he's a z-list celebrity in our country because he's the husband of a singer that was kinda famous 30 or 40 years ago and now appears on shitty tv-shows like all failed celebrities do.
When I told him this he responded that he knew and it seemed real to him because "someone like her wouldn't marry a nobody so it makes sense that she's married to someone like that". Yes, he believed an old failed celebrity was married to a man who handled tens of billions.
You guessed it, he still kept working on the deal.

One of the things that baffle me the most is their use of "digital signatures".
Since all their documents are digital, they sign their documents by scanning their signature on a piece of paper and putting the jpg image at the bottom of the document. I don't work with this stuff, so I don't know if it's normal, but that's not what's strange.
What really baffles me, is that to make things quicker, instead of giving the documents to the person who has to sign them, and wait for them to do it, thay just extract the image from the PDF of an old document and apply it to the new one. They literally don't see anything wrong with it and it's almost standard procedure. the same goes with passport copies and other documents.
Luckily for them, none of this stuff is real, so nothing happens. Imagine if they did this for a real deal and after everything progressed to be closed the guy found out he didn't actually sign the contracts and they were signed for him without him knowing anything about their contents.

(2/?)
>>
>>1521052
One time I was explaining to him that these numbers don't make any sense and it's impossible that some foundation (for some reason there's always a foundation involved, that's for some reason investing extreme amounts of money) is investing 200 billions into a PPP that would yeld them 1 trillion a month (I'm not exagerating), and just showed him that this kind of money would cure poverty forever in a year, and that there are entire countries going to shit that would need a fraction of that to be saved, that Bill Gates could do this for his foundation instead of begging other billionaires for their pathetic billions when it's so easy to make trillions, that this money has to come from somewhere and that nobody has this kind of wealth, etc.
He responded that it doesn't matter because it's not like real money, but it's just digital money in a digital bank account, so it's possible.
I then asked him if it's not real money, what's the point of earning these "fake" virtual trillions, and if his commission, being a percentage of these earnings, will be paid in virtual money as well, why is he working on this if he won't be able to use them to pay the bills and buy stuff.
He didn't answer and years later he still keeps doing this stuff regardless.

(3/?)
>>
>>1521053
He thinks and acts as if the concept of risk didn't exist in his mind.
He's 100% convinced that he's going to be successful each and every deal. Nevermind the thousands of failed ones. Nevermind never ever seeing a single one of them being closed (not by him, nor by others). This current one is the right one!
He doesn't plan ahead because there's no need to calculate risk when you're 100% gonna be a billionaire in a week.
Except it's all based on shit that at best is uncertain and unreliable ("you really think someone would do that? just go on the internet and tell lies?"), so he always ends up with nothing.
It's also the reason why he started in the first place.
Any reasonable individual wouldn't put all their eggs in a basket that he only just heard about.
Anyone with a brain would've dismissed this as bullshit.
Any moron would have done this as a side thing until it became profitable enough to replace the old income.
But it takes an actual braindead retard to immediately stop what he was doing before to start doing this, before even knowing if anyone ever made a dollar doing it.

It's like he left his job to follow his dream of becoming a pro athlete, except the sport is fucking quidditch. And then, alongside his other retarded friends, kept spending years trying to fly on his broom insisting that it's possible and he's gonna make it anytime soon (because he's heard of people managing to fly and play the game, so it's obviously possible).

(4/?)
>>
>>1521056
Also, he does a lot of retarded things that aren't really related to these "joker broker" endeavors.
For example, a few years before starting this, he hired a psychic to come to our house and do some examination ritual to see if there was something in our house that gave off some negative energy or shit like that, so we could remove it and let his company be successful.
He decided it was the computer keyboard and my father threw it away.
The funniest part is that he found out about this guy because a tv show made a piece about him scamming people in my city and debunking his psychic abilities.

He also has 3 different books about the meaning of dreams and believes all three tell the truth despite them having three completely different meanings for each dream.
And when I say "meaning of dreams" I'm not talking about stuff like "if your dream has X it means you're stressing yourself too much". I'm talking about "if your dream has X it means you're going to be very rich in the near future" or "if your dream has X it means someone close to you is going to pass away soon" and shit like that.
One book gives optimistic results, one gives pessimistic ones, and the other tells you which numbers to play lotto with, along with a little random prediction.
He's had them for decades and the pessimistic one looks almost new kek.

These are the last ones for now. I'l write more as they come to my mind.

P.S. Sorry for the typos and grammatical mistakes. English is not my first language and I don't feel like wasting anymore time proofreading.
Also, remember that it's all made up (especially the things that might be illegal). Roleplaying on the Internet is so much fun!

(5/?)
>>
>>1521010
Thank you.
>>
>>1520642
My car cost me $3k this year. Wouldn't have one if I didnt need it for work
>>
>>1521059
I don't really understand what the point of this. I got it that your father is stuck between scammers but what scammers are actually aiming for by doing this ? Who are they trying to scam ? They try to make a false deal, then ask money for things like "Legal fees for the deal" etc ?
>>
>>1520990
Haha that water thing is almost too retarded to believe.
How could he possibly think it's a good idea?
>>
>>1521088
AFAIK they're either scammers actually trying to scamming billionaires (they apparently believe the same things joker brokers do), or scammers trying to scam the intermediaries by asking for money like you said, or by taking them to a physical meeting and robbing them and things like that.
I remember reading many creative ways these scammers managed to steal money but all I remember is a variation of the methods above.

Also, when it's about selling historical bonds and other cheap things for a lot of money, I'm under the impression that some of them actually believe they're worth that much (because that's what's written on them, right?) and that somehow the guy who sold them was an idiot or something.
I could be wrong though.
>>
>>1520990
Sunflower seed water?
Why did he think that was going to work well?
>>
My dad inherited "a healthy six figures" (my uncle's words) in 2002 when my grandpa died. He pissed it away trying to build his dream home in the country. Oh he also divorced my mom in the process. In 2011 he sold the property. Now he rents an apartment.
>>
>>1521128
Oops I mispoke, he didnt sell the property. The bank took it from him and gave him $3k to move out.
>>
>>1521128
Rekt.
>>
>>1515048
>dad has a decent pay
>mom is below minimum wage
>they can't save money for shit because dad keeps spending
>buys a car, has to repair it all the time
>needs this and that, takes a loan
>can't pay off loan, whoops better take another loan
>keeps buying electronics and stupid shit
>buys a scooter to get to work even though he could take public transport for free or just walk there (2-3 miles)
>financial crash, insolvency
>they now live in an almost ruined house
>mom is mad as fuck
>he got themselves a dog (who is completely retarded)
>still buys stupid shit when he has the money
>I love him anyway
>>
>visit father
>He is going through a rough patch at the moment. Got fired from his average job and now making fuck all as a forklift driver.
>Notice he has a new car
>He says he bought it with his credit card
>He bought a new car not 10 years earlier
Also
>Instead of saving he puts all his spare money towards paying off his house (which he has filled with trash and animals and made worthless, but that's not the focus here)
>Since he pays more than he needs to the bank offers to renegotiate his mortgage to give him a better rate
>He accepts
>Previously if he lost his job he wouldn't need to worry about the house for months since he's been overpaying
>This renegotiation resets his overpayments
>Now if he loses his job he needs to find a new one immediately or he loses his house
>His employer is obviously trying to get rid of him and encouraging him to look for work elsewhere
>He resists and refuses to look for a new job, so when they finally do fire him he will lose his shit hole house and have nothing
>>
>>1517672
please explain this headline, then:
"EI claimant numbers in Alberta up almost 92%"
-SEPTEMBER 22, 2016

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/09/22/ei-claimant-numbers-in-alberta-up-almost-92
>>
>>1521069

I mean I get that, a lot of jobs I turn down because they're too far and would need a car. My refusal to get a car isn't purely financial, I also just fucking hate driving and every aspect of car ownership.

For the life of me I don't get why businesses settle way out in the fucking burbs in the first place, the fuck is out there, dicks is what. I'd go nuts if I had to work 40 miles out of the city anyway. /n/ut but suburbs should be glassed. Still, 3k for me is 3 very luxurious vacations. It's far from nothing.
>>
>>1521128
>his dream home

This kind of shit is retarded. A house/apartment is where you sleep and store your stuff. It could be the nicest house ever built but I still wouldn't want to be there 24/7, as long as it isn't leaking or filled with asbestos I don't care.

feels bad man. Wish I could inherit six figs but all my family are poor. Why do undeserving people get windfalls?

>>1521163

That's pretty retarded. A mortgage is like 4% interest...a credit card is more like 20%. Why the fuck work off the house and not the car first? Who buys a fucking car with a credit card?

>>1521141

My dad is like that. In 30k credit card debt, underwater on the house, but is an impulse buyer and shopaholic. All the shit he buys though is useless junk he thought was neat or a "good deal". He loves cheap chinese junk that will break on you. Quantity over quality. He doesn't even make bad money, it's just he wastes all of it.

"He who buys what he does not need steals only from himself."
>>
>>1521221
>Why do undeserving people get windfalls?
I think undeserving people get all the nice things because usually it's the nice things that make them undeserving in the first place.
If they came from a poor family they would have a different mentality.
>>
>>1521222
That's pretty insightful anon.
>>
>>1515048
Damn, reading this thread has made me feel really lucky.

>dad works as engineering professor
>mom became stay at home mom after first kid.
>dad started out making $30k, now it hovers around $100k
>bought 1500 sq Ft starter house when they first moved here.
>decide they're happy with it and don't need to upgrade to mcmansion
>don't buy excessive things; got their first and only flat screen TV a couple years ago, still use trac phones, cut down to one car several years ago because dad bikes to work, etc
>save and invest
>first house mortgage is paid off, bought a vacation home 10 years ago which is completely paid off, car is paid off
>paid for my brother and I through undergrad and grad school
>with 401k and social security they can retire making the same as they are now
>not even counting their own private retirement savings
>they plan to leave vacation house to brother and I with a fund that will cover insurance, taxes, maintenance so we don't have to worry about it

God dammit I love my parents
>>
File: untitled.png (169KB, 483x376px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
169KB, 483x376px
>>1521277
Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.
>>
>>1521057
Semi-related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QdPW8JrYzQ
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSKUhDnoJjYmeW6nNasZSaVAGh4u91pEk
>>
>>1517012
you're not the scammer and your father is obviously a victim, what are you worried about
>>
>>1520461
I forgot to mention that anytime she does manage to cut down on expenses somehow she buys a new pet.

She is up to 4 dogs, 4 cats, 4 guinea pigs, 2 snakes, and 2 birds.

No matter how many times anyone in the family tells her she can't afford a new pet, she always gets another one as soon as she can afford it.

On top of having to spend the extra cash on pet food, she complains that she has too much to do around the house to be able to work more.
>>
>>1522452
Whether you're doing it on purpose or not, helping scammers could still give you trouble.
Even if you end up proving your innocence, that would be a long waste of money and time..

I'd rather not risk any of that.
>>
>>1522512
Well it sounds like your father doesn't have much to lose and much to gain, a slap on the wrist might snap him out of it.
>>
>>1522531
I honestly doubt that.
He'd just think that that particular case is fake but the next one is gonna be real. Just like he did every time it became clear to him that he was working with a scammer.

Either that, or he'd think it's only that type of deal that's fake, and keep being a broker for something else (just to forget a few months later and restart dealing with the same stuff again).
>>
>>1521057
Does he have schizophrenia? He sounds like he has OCD + psychosis.
>>
URRE
>>
>>1515129
Kek
>>
My parents both have been buying lottery tickets every week since before I was born. They have never won anything.

They think stocks are a waste of money.

Go figure.
>>
>>1521057
What country?
>>
>>1515104
Anon, i'm dead fucking seripus, get him to read 'Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki'

It teaches you what real 'assets' are (investments, etc) and that liabilities i.e. cars trucks hot tubs and doodads run you into debt.
>>
>>1523295
I don't think so.
What makes you think he has those things?

>>1523537
Sorry, I have friends lurking this board and I'd rather not let them know about this, so I'm keeping the personal information at minimum.
>>
>>1521052
>I don't work with this stuff, so I don't know if it's normal, but that's not what's strange.
It's not. There is nothing secure about this at all, which is obvious from the fact that they just duplicate each other's signatures.
A "digital signature" is cryptographic.
>>
>>1517022

Not sure about Canada,but in America a lot of oil companies are hiring more frack crews and digging new Wells right now to extract oil. They either are just wasting money or know something we don't.
>>
>>1521057
>>1521098
Bump with a request for more.

Mindblowing.
>>
>>1515048
but it is a scam.

you either lose it from others traders scamming you or you gain from you trading other scammers.

even gaining through dividends is a scam as the company is scamming its customers to make a profit.
>>
>>1524023
We are hiring, but at not paying anything like we used to. My guess would be 30-40% lower than two years ago and we have no trouble filling positions. The issue is a lot of our experienced staff is deciding that they don't want to do this shit for the money their making now and moving on.

45 dollar oil seems like market balance and it's produce at a profit or die.
>>
Also my parents are retarded.

>Never maintain anything
>No savings
>No investments
>"We are going to retire when we win the lottery"
>>
>>1524312
I've already written the most memorable ones, so here are some minor ones:

One extremely pathetic thing I noticed in many of them, was the extreme lying about each and every aspct of their lives.
A few of these pathological liars pretend to be in some sort of extremely bad situation as a multi-purpose excuse. For example, they would say that they've closed many deals (and are very wealthy as a consequence), but can't travel because they (their relatives) are bedridden due to some severe illness or something similar, so they can't travel, meet people in person, spend too much time working (because they probably had a day job and had to justify all those hours of inavailability). They would spend half of their time talking about day-to-day details like having the house full of medical machines, their encounters with the ambulance they had to call, etc.
One guy even said he was terminal, and only had a few months to live, and kept repeating it for years until suddenly he wasn't terminal anymore kek.

That's the minority of liars though. The majority were the ones who roleplayed as skilled professionals like lawyers and economists (which would often say the dumbest shit that would make even my father laugh at them), or wealthy big-shots in the international financial world, and would do stuff like pretending to go to a different country every day for important meetings, talk about vacations to exclusive locations, meeting famous and important people, etc.
The funniest one was this woman who would interrupt each and every call by saying stuff like "wait, hang on a second, I've got Putin calling me on the other line" or "Sorry, I'll respond to Obama about a quick issue and call you in five minutes". This one was truly surreal. I don't even think any of these joker brokers believed her.
The fact that they kept working with her and only regarded this compulsive lying as a funny quirk of hers truly says a lot.

(6/?)
>>
>>1524312
>>1525109
Obviously most of their lies were too absurd to be true, and many were very inconsistent, so it was easy to spot the liars, but some of them got caught because someone found their true identity and discovered it was all fake (either by meeting them in person, or finding their real FB page, etc).
Some of them even blew the cover themselves, like one guy who spent months pretending to be a wealthy millionaire who owned multiple 5-star hotels, then called my father to ask for money to buy cigarettes.

I know all these things because most of the conversations are done on Skype and my father doesn't always use headphones, so I got to hear their conversations (plus what I manage to extrapolate from just my father's side when he used headphones or talks on the phone), and also read many of their emails.
I can only imagine how much bullshit I'm missing. These people are cartoon characters.

(7/?)
>>
>>1525109
>>1525110
Jesus.
Your father is retarded.
>>
>>1521421

That was praise you autist.

>>1522502

>falling for the furred jew

Pet ownership is shit. Often literally. who petfree here?

>>1524353

what is it with poorfags and the lottery. I've been legal for seven years and never bought a lottery ticket or gambled even once. "Tax on stupid." My dad does that shit, too, but he's just a buy-aholic in general so it's par for the course to blow money on bullshit. I remember as a kid my mom bought tons of scratch off tickets, I thought it was a fun game, she let me use a coin to scratch them off. Biggest win was like $50, after spending maybe $100 or more. but mom stopped playing when she found out a coworker of hers spent literally her entire paycheck every week on tickets, lived with relatives as a penniless bum. Every week like 800 on tickets. Never won. Scared my mom out of the habit. Thanks nameless dumbass.
>>
>>1524332
>but it is a scam
Wow.

If you buy 100 shares, you're buying them from someone who wants to sell them.
So your theory is that if the stock goes up, you "scammed" him (even though you didn't know it was going to go up)? And if it goes up, then down and you didn't sell, that means he "scammed" you, because you didn't "scam" him fast enough?

That's some fascinating shit.
>>
>>1525110
>like one guy who spent months pretending to be a wealthy millionaire who owned multiple 5-star hotels, then called my father to ask for money to buy cigarettes.
lmao

More please.

You should write a book.
>>
>>1525312
I won't exclude the possibility of him having some actual issue with his brain desu.

>>1526073
>a coworker of hers spent literally her entire paycheck every week on tickets, lived with relatives as a penniless bum. Every week like 800 on tickets. Never won.
Did she do it as a plan to "invest" her money into these tickets for the chance of a big winning, or was it like an addiction where she rationally didn't want to, but she couldn't help herself?

>That was praise you autist.
T-thanks.

>>1526205
Thanks, but I've exhausted my memories now. I'll ask my mother if she remembers something I forgot or never knew about.
>>
>>1521327
>stay at home mom

Gotta be the most retarded thing in this thread
>>
>>1521169
I also live in Alberta and there is not a lot of work. Idk what he's talking about. I'm an engineer that works in the construction industry.
>>
File: 1474850405294.jpg (244KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1474850405294.jpg
244KB, 1440x810px
at first I was like , but then I read further and was like ........ hang in there kid .
>>
>>1518339
I have $100 in 5 cent coins I"ve saved
>>
>>1525110
A couple others:

The woman who always interrupted phonecalls by pretending to be talking with presidents and such, once went to an IRL meeting with her collaborators, and she had her hair like pic related with sunglasses on top.

There was another guy that had a name that someone googled and found a few articles about his arrest for crimes related to this stuff. When asked about it, he would respond that it's not him, and that he looks way different than the guy in those pictures from the articles.
When they met IRL he looked exactly like those pictures.

Another guy, literally in the first call he had with my father, right after the presentations, asked for a small loan (Trump reference unintended) of 125.000 Dollars justifying so with "If you're a professional broker working in this field, it must be nothing to you".

There was this woman who would constantly be angry and would cuss and yell all the time.
She would describe her life as very lavish of course, and would tell her collaborators about his fantastic husband.
He was rich, tall, handsome, and was so strong that once, after an argument, he got angry and lifted her with the chair she was sitting on, and put her out of the window, holding her there with his arms stretched front for a minute or so while arguing with her until he decided to take her inside.
Did I mention she's morbidly obese?
She also unironically said her husband has 160cm (5.25 ft) wide shoulders.
I think her husband is truly a fantastic man.

Another guy would start his calls by saying that he's in some city for a meeting with a president or some other very elite activity, and that he's in some 5-star hotel.
This was not only unbelievable for the same obvious reason as the other ones, but also because every time, his voice was drowned in the same huge reverb from the room he was in.
Maybe he's so rich that he was able to coincidently get huge hotel rooms of the same size and take out all the furniture every time, though.

(8/?)
>>
>>1528514
>take out all the furniture
Hey, I do this in all my hotel rooms.
It's the only way I have room for my model trains.
>>
>>1526221
>an addiction

What difference does it make? Fact is the cunt spent 800 a week on fucking lottery tickets until she was a couch-borrowing permabum. Addiction isn't real, it's just an excuse weak people use to why they can't dredge up some willpower.
>>
>>1528537
Whether it's real or not, it's still a different thought process than the other option in my post.
I was just curious if she did it "rationally" or because she couldn't help it.
>>
File: 1.png (44KB, 579x792px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
44KB, 579x792px
>>1528514
>>1528543
Sorry about the different IDs by the way. My router is fucking up and I have to restart it once in a while.
>>
File: CaCa.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CaCa.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>1528514
>she had her hair like pic related
Forgot the picture, my bad.
>>
File: 89796766.jpg (90KB, 337x506px) Image search: [Google]
89796766.jpg
90KB, 337x506px
>>1528628
Found a better picture with the sunglasses.
>>
>>1528514
Thanks, dude.

Shamelessly stolen, blaxploited, and printed as fact in a serious journal of merit: https://lulz.com/the-joker-brokers-tale-so-stupid-it-cant-be-a-lie-306/

The story's just too good.

Let me know if something needs an edit for privacy or other reasons.
>>
>>1518380
Inflation is not 3% you spastic.
>>
>>1528537
>brains never malfunction and physical withdrawal doesn't exist
>>
>>1515531
>what are dividends?
>>
>>1526239
You're a genuine fucking idiot.
>>
File: bad-boys.gif (911KB, 448x242px) Image search: [Google]
bad-boys.gif
911KB, 448x242px
>>1530022
Goddamn it Anon, pic related. I'm starting to regret all this.

It was just supposed to be a post on 4chan that would disappear after a while (well, nobody checks the archives and they go down after a while).
Oh well, I can't make you delete it, so let it be...

Maybe change:
>English is not our mother tongue, so I used to translate his emails and documents to English and got to read many of them.
>Half of them...
to:
>I got to read many of his emails and documents, and half of them...

And:
>...z-list celebrity in our country because...
To:
>...z-list celebrity because...

And if you want, maybe fix the obvious typos and mistakes like "thay" instead of "they" and stuff like that.

Maybe change this:
>...but can’t travel because they (their relatives)...
To This:
>...but can’t travel because they (or their relatives)...

And:
>...and she had her hair like pic related with sunglasses on top...
To:
>...and she had her hair combed in front of her face to cover it, with sunglasses on top...

Also I'd put a space between this line:
>Any reasonable individual wouldn’t put all their eggs in a basket that he only just heard about.
And This:
>Anyone with a brain would’ve dismissed this as bullshit.

And change my name from:
>gRMnDXg/
to
>MYNFWavb
Since it's the ID I've had for almost all the posts.

And the most important part:
Please add this at the end of the first paragraph (or at the very end):
>Also, I made everything up, because there's no chance of me saying something so risky about a thing that could be illegal on a website where law enforcement is knows to visit, right?
>After all, the stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

If for one reason or another you want to contact me in the future, I've just made this email:
[email protected]

BTW, who's the guy on the left in the article picture?
>>
My mom thinks buying condominiums which she doesnt rent out to people and are only 5 minutes commuting distance from our house counts as an investment. She also bought a car, but doesn't know how to drive. She wants more "investments" and keeps buying US dollars (we're from SEAsia) and is somehow expecting earnings out of that. She also keeps buying jewelries saying they're "safe investments". If you dont already know, pawnshops in 3rd world countries are scum. If you expect them to pay you money equal to the value of your jewelries or watch, you are mistaken. They'll also steal parts or chip them off when you're gone.
>>
>>1530586
Done.

Don't know re: old guy in picture, just something I saved for an unknown reason years ago.

Do you have a preferred nickname? I can add your email and nick as an account and you can reset password to log in if you ever want to write more. I doubt it'd be as good as this story but that's fine.
>>
>>1530598
>Done.
Thank you.

>Do you have a preferred nickname? I can add your email and nick as an account and you can reset password to log in if you ever want to write more. I doubt it'd be as good as this story but that's fine.
Nah, I'm ok.
This stuff already took too much of my time.

Maybe I'll post about this stuff in the future. In which case, I'll let you know so you can update the article.
Just send me an email so I know where to contact you.
>>
Also, if anyone wants to be informed about any update I may post in the future, just send me an email at [email protected] and I'll add you to the list of people to update.
>>
>>1515104
Stop being an idiot and take advantage of this. The guy clearly ASKS to be used. Manipulate your sister to get a share of that goldmine.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.