[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any way to use Ebay without getting robbed by Jews? Every time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1459001996147.jpg (224KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459001996147.jpg
224KB, 1280x960px
Any way to use Ebay without getting robbed by Jews?

Every time I try, I always have some kind of problem. You can prevent maybe 80% of them, but a determined scammer will almost always make out with your product for free and leave a ding on your page.

What do I need to do? I wish I could just trust people.

pic unrelated
>>
There's nothing you can do to stop them. Consider it the cost of doing business on ebay. Some people are going to do return fraud just like some people shoplift.

Raise your prices to deal with being robbed. Or do your business off ebay. But well all know the second option is business suicide for most ebay vendors.
>>
>>1514538

There's already a (((cost))) to doing business on electronic bay.

It's not so much a big deal for huge retailers, but very much so for small retailers whose welfare ebay seems to care very little for.

You can't handle shoplifting if you're only selling a single product a month. It just fucks you out of your time.
>>
US shipping only
absolute strictest bidder rules, limit to three items per bidder
no refunds
add on the cost of tracking number
sell cheap shit that costs you little
leave positive feedback in all caps saying the bidder is a scammer
immediately add shitheads to blocked bidders
>>
betting half of those scammers and bad feedback fucks are the big boys crushing the little cockroaches. esp if selling same types of products.
>>
File: amazong.png (23KB, 683x163px) Image search: [Google]
amazong.png
23KB, 683x163px
>>1514528

Nobody's safe anymore senpai

https://www.propublica.org/article/amazon-says-it-puts-customers-first-but-its-pricing-algorithm-doesnt
>>
>>1514616

People are retarded and don't know what they want. Pic bought up good point though.

Anyone can make a vendor account on Amazon. The average buyer will not know the difference if its fulfilled by amazon, or a random business owner. They just know it's from Amazon.

On ebay, it's more clear you're buying from bestgear999 who has 299 positive ratings. On amazon the same info is there still there, just more concealed.

I would look into it op. See how amazon handles returns. You might as well put your items up on amazon anyway if you're already making a profit on eBay. Double the exposure, double the sales.
>>
>>1514528
WITSD (Who is that semen demon?)
>>
>>1514528
Who is this copulation corporation?
>>
>>1514528
Lol like two days ago i was in a thread saying how paypal always sides with the buyer and screws the seller and i got like 10 people telling me im an idiot and i just need "to keep my reciepts"
>>
File: 1441159047654.jpg (32KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1441159047654.jpg
32KB, 368x368px
>>1514909

Those are your redditors, take a look at any thread on that site and you'll see boot licking eBay sluts downboating your post without even responding at times.
>>
>>1515003
Actually reddits found a way to take advantage of paypals system. Im gonna take part after i get 1000 karma
>>
if you sell a decent amount of volume you'll see there's barely any scammers, ofc the impact will depend on your total cost of sale and profits.

any bad feedback you get will become drowned out in all the other positive feedback you get anyway.

this is my experience with it all.
>>
File: Spring+F22TBN-4.jpg (267KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Spring+F22TBN-4.jpg
267KB, 1600x1600px
I've been eBaying for maybe 5 months now and I've learned so much so fast. Ran into a bunch of scams and dealt with every single one successfully, bar one which I paid postage on.

Top scams I've dealt with:

* INAD- Item not as described, guy says item isn't in the right measurement settings on the screen, wants a refund or replacement. Apologize but show him the listing he paid for, show him pictures of the matching item, tell him how to calculate the new one etc. Eventually let it go to claim where he loses.

* INR- Item not received, buyer claims it never arrived. Show him proof of postage WITHOUT the fact it wasn't tracked. Tell him I'm happy to launch an investigation with Royal Mail to locate his item, but that they may check at his home to verify the item hasn't been received (scare tactics). Eventually drops. Have had this 3 times before I started tracking expensive items.

* ITEM FAULTY- Claims item didn't work, sent convincing screenshots. This is the one I paid postage for, but I helped him as best I could and googled the shit out of the error etc first.

What you can see is that to eliminate 99% of scams you need to:

>Be genuinely helpful and treat them at near face value BUT also protect yourself in case it does go to a case.
>Package your items with a barcode on the box, even a fake one
>Mention an investigation and the words MAIL FRAUD & PROSECUTION if you're pretty sure it's a scammer

Other things:
>Require immediate payment for big items
>Require no negative feedback & no open cases etc
>Exclude certain countries in certain situations

It's a learning process and PayPal in particular are awful at keeping sellers safe, but it's manageable.

I haven't ran into a scam I couldn't deal with yet.
>>
>>1515333
Also note that I sell high value electronic items internationally, and my primary customer bases are in countries at the top of the common scams list.

Just putting barcodes on your boxes and scanning serial numbers is enough to cut down on scams by 90%
>>
I've sold around 200 items on eBay and only got screwed once. And on the screwing, after I called their customer service line 5 times they finally refunded my money.

Small price to pay I'd say.
>>
>>1514657
This is an option, however it is wise to remember that Amazon takes a good percentage of profits to fulfill your shit.

So it better be high margin.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.