[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I stop procrastinating? I know I have stuff to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1473629802682.jpg (24KB, 406x416px) Image search: [Google]
1473629802682.jpg
24KB, 406x416px
How the fuck do I stop procrastinating?
I know I have stuff to do, but instead of just fucking doing it, I slap some music on and imagine myself in a successful position for like 30 minutes straight, then I browse 4chan for like an hour. Feels hella bad man.
>>
>>1514487
Start with a real small period of time like 15 minutes (or 5 if you're really fucking lazy). Spend that time working every day, it shouldn't be too hard. Up it by a minute a day (or again, every week, if you're lazy).
Progress is progress, no matter how small.
>>
>>1514487
Stop jerking your dick. All energy is relative to sexual build up and release.
>>
>>1514512
To add to this, try the pomodo technique.
All you need to do is just getting started. Even if its for 5 minutes. It's better than 0 minutes. Most of the time you will be 'into it' and that 5 minutes will turn into 10, 30, 60+.
>>
>>1514487
try r9k
>>
>>1514512
>>1514518
Can vouch for these.
To further add: It's always better to make a little bit of progress rather than none at all.

t. chronic procrastinator
>>
>>1510924
>>
>>1514487
>and imagine myself in a successful position for like 30 minutes straight

I do this and I feel like it tricks our brain into thinking we've already accomplished things and fucks us up even more.
>>
6 months ago I started what has been mentioned in this thread, basically I tell myself I'm going to work for 5 minutes and it turns into an hour or two

I'm not where I want to be, but I'm at a point that if I'm doing nothing I actually get bored and want to get back to work, so that's good at least
>>
>>1514487
Don't drink, don't smoke, don't fap, don't think. Don't do anything, remove your computer as well as any other distractions. Get a device that is only able to check email. I find myself checking my email a lot but it only takes up a few seconds and I quickly realize how stupid it is of me to check it so often just as an excuse to procrastinate (I literally find myself checking it with an ocd fervor sometimes)

Only keep what you really need like music but reward yourself with it after accomplishing actual tasks.
>>
I procrastinate as well, but because I'm a perfectionist, if I feel that it's not going to be perfect I avoid it as much as I can, drives me crazy.
>>
>>1514572
I tried some supposedly Vipassana style techniques.
And they did work... but I think I need to try again.

I would just be focusing on nothingness, trying to avoid all thought.
Not even be conscious of my breathing

Other times I'd do visualization like Imagine a red sphere spinning on its center, inside of a translucent pyramid that rotated around it.
Nothing else, black void all around. Just these two shapes in the same movement: over and over and over and over, rotating, rotating.
I wouldn't allow myself to change the direction of the rotation.
I wouldn't even allow myself to think not allowing myself to do it.

But it was literally impossible to do for more than 5 minutes, my mind would slowly, imperceptibly segue into other thoughts, like some theoretical problem or I'd start thinking about the nature of visualization or trying to explain why this technique would work.

However with even those 5 minute sessions I did feel more control in waking life over my attention span and focus.
>>
Modafinil.
Wake up real early and do tasks you dont like first.
>>
>>1514925
This is not vipassana. Vipassana is moving your attention throughout your body observing sensations within, understanding that no sensation is any more important than any other and that they are all ultimately resultant from quantum fluctuations, the realization of which leads you closer to nirvana. To understand it correctly you must attend a 10 day course, which does not cost anything if you do not wish to donate.

t. someone who has done the 10 day vipassana meditation course
>>
>>1514970
Modafinil for focus is a placebo but I guess whatever works for you.
>>
>>1514899
Dem Feels!
>>
>>1514487
Adderall or "No more Zero Days"
Even 5 mins of work is good
>>
>>1514515
When should you jerk off?
>>
>>1514487

I sold my laptop. I only use computer from my work at lunch breaks or if I come earlier at work. I also don`t smoke or drink, try to work out (or at least go for long walks on my free time). I don`t really jerk off (one to two times a week), so my test levels are at their peak. Also think and dream less, do more.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.