[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>july >buy MGT at 4.20 >panic sell at 3,70 >tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: endit.jpg (152KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
endit.jpg
152KB, 1280x1381px
>july
>buy MGT at 4.20
>panic sell at 3,70
>tell myself im never buying this stock again
>fast forward to 2 weeks ago
>see MGT hitting 4 again
>go all in and set sell limit at 4,39
>decide to not check the price or my broker account for a few weeks because I dont want to panic sell again
>1 hour ago
>decide to check the price for the first time in 2weeks
>1,88
>lost 15k
>get an anxiety / stress attack and sell everything for 1,85

what the FUCK do I do now. Do I reinvest in some biotech and try to win it all back? I still need to pay rent this month
>>
Never invest with money you can't afford to lose 100% of. Even the assholes here will tell you that
>>
>>1513354
I didnt think I was gonna lose
>>
>>1513351
ever heard of a stop loss order?
>>
>>1513351
If you can't stand your stocks falling don't buy stocks, or set a stop
>>
>>1513362
>I didn't think I was going to loose

I can tell you from personal experience you should always assume you are going to loose unless you have a system that is proven to work. Investing money you can't loose is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>1513362
The rule still stands. Lots of people don't think they're going to lose, yet here we are.
>>
>>1513368
I didnt think it was gonna go down people here said it was going to 5 at the very least
>>
I bought at 3.20 because I knew it would pop soon, didn't sell at 4.00 because I got greedy, still bagholding
>>
>>1513351
>what the FUCK do I do now

do the opposite of everything you did...

go all in now, come back in 2 weeks when this non-event blows over.
>>
>>1513373
>putting 100% faith in random people on the internet

Honestly man you should just quit investing. Just give your money to a broker that knows what they are doing.
>>
>>1513375
give it a month or so.
>>
>>1513351
also, post proof of the loss.
>>
>>1513351
do the opposite of what /biz/ says..
>>
>>1513373
>>1513362
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1513351
I used to do stuff like this then tell people about it (complain)

Hearing the following typical response was like listening to a cunt speaking and I hated it but it's truth:

"Live and learn." or "That's why it's called gambling."

One of the worse things you can do is throw it all away in biotech without learning anything. I guess if you wanted to do that with a similar approach to your MGT trade, there is a much smarter and safer way.

We all want to be a huge genius and make massive gains on 1 stock by loading up on it and expecting it to skyrocket shortly thereafter. The reality of it is that this is very unlikely to happen. A better approach is to make a list of at least 10 companies. I like to pick biotechs that have been recently trounced but also have lots of cash and more importantly something else going for them in their pipeline (IE another drug in advanced trials at least phase 2)

Then put something reasonable like 500 bucks in each one. That way you don't have to look at it every 10 seconds and you don't need to use stop loss.

Once I make a small purchase I also like to put in a limit order to buy another $500 at a much lower price just in case it the market decides to whack it again.

If one out of those 10 companies decides to go up 500% then 5 of them could go completely bankrupt and you'd still break even.
>>
Never buy a piece of shit thinking it will turn into gold in a few months. The best you can do is wait for it to appear to glimmer with a questionable sheen as shit sometimes does a day or two later, then pawn it off for a nice gain before it dries up.
>>
File: JUST.png (3KB, 1561x34px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
3KB, 1561x34px
>>1513388
I cant even look at how much I actually lost. Here is the buy thingy though
>>
>>1513407
How do you research these stocks? How do you find out which ones are in like P3 of drug trials?
>>
>what the FUCK do I do now.

Learn a valuable lesson about not making decisions based on panic.
>>
>>1513440
Use a stock-screener typical to any software or finance website. I arrange them by market cap, pe, daily % change, etc.

The key is to actually look at as many companies as you can. Go to their website and check the current pipeline. Glance at their financials. Be aware of any upcoming events like topline data or need for cash. I avoid putting even $100 into a company that is running low on cash even though piss-poor biotech surprise the fuck out of me occasionally...
>>
File: 1444223074036.jpg (133KB, 776x678px) Image search: [Google]
1444223074036.jpg
133KB, 776x678px
>>1513351
>mfw nobody believed me when I said buy SRPT
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW
>>
>>1513351
>decide to not check the price or my broker account for a few weeks
I hear the best traders use this strategy
>>
>>1513351
Treat MGT like a crazy ex. Immediately delete MGT from all your watch lists and never check or think about it again. Trust me you do not want to see it go back up 100% if that happens...whenever it crosses your mind just think about how shit it was and that it's probably gone bankrupt.
>>
File: lt1.jpg (79KB, 453x384px) Image search: [Google]
lt1.jpg
79KB, 453x384px
>>1513351

I love this board. You clueless NEETs are hilarious
>>
>mfw taking out loans with my bank so that I can fucking buy more MGT to lower the average cost to nearly $2.00 instead of where I was sitting at $3.80

I took off work. I'm watching this bastard like a hawk until I fucking break even.
>>
You should have cut losses quickly

Or not put your money in a shit show. Mgt is so scammy looking

Just look how much mcafee paid for the products they have which are basically free. To many kickbacks to management seems roachy to me...
>>
>>1513351
wow.......this is a new low, even for /biz/.....

serious advice: don't do anything for a week. no trades, nothing. take a full 7 days to think about and analyze the mistakes you made here. make it your goal to eliminate as much emotion as possible from your trades.
>>
>>1513351
You are just so stupid that's all I can say.
http://geoinvesting.com/mgt-sec-needs-stop-halt-circus/
>>
>>1513759
And this article was published in may, why didn't you do any research before investing ?
>>
>>1513764
I just thought the people who said MGT was gonna go up did research.
>>
>>1513351

Dude.

You only lose money when you sell. Why do people panic like this? Just wait and 90% of the time the stock will go back up.

MGT is gonna be at 3 or above within 3 weeks and it will start all over again.

Sorry bro but you made some dumb calls. It bears repeating: BUY LOW SELL HIGH.

jeez.
>>
>>1513380
Lel it's been proven that brokers don't know what they're doing. the only broker I would trust is Warren buffet and bill gates.
>>
>>1513351
OP MGT fell too far. It's going to rebound. Wait for the monthly chart to show any signs of recovery and go in.
>>
>>1513351
So you panicked and sold...
>>
>>1513783
I bought back in when it passed 2
>>
>>1513518
Y-you?
>>
>>1513774
>Just wait and 90% of the time the stock will go back up.

Desu, stupid advice. That figure is not remotely true.
>>
>>1513770
No you didn't think at all
>>
>>1513789
are you trolling dude?
>>
>>1513789
Okay I'm done
>>
>>1513808
>>1513807
>>1513861
I know im fucking retarded but I thought that when it passed 2 people would regain confidence and buy back and it would shoot back to 2,20. I dont know if I should sell now or hold through the night.
>>
>>1513864
Dude its being investigated for securities fraud, do you read the articles?

Also from a technical standpoint it has a better shot at testing $1.50 which I guestimate as next level of support after falling through the floor than it does going back to $3 but gl anyway.
>>
File: mgt.png (4KB, 983x34px) Image search: [Google]
mgt.png
4KB, 983x34px
>>1513351
Don't feel too bad
>>
>>1513804
Bro that happens all the time. Buy low sell high. Most important truth.
>>
While MGT is a worthless meme stock, its not too late.

Buy the dip (average down) and at some point MGT will be considerably higher than it is now. Then you sell

You prolly wont get all your money back, but at least that way you will have curbtailed most of the money you lost.

Because, as stupid as you were, there are still plenty of fools out there waiting to lose their money on this trash.
>>
>>1513362
Always assume the possibility of losing it all. If you can't afford that don't do it.

This is such basic shit, how the fuck are you alive?
>>
>>1513774
>You only lose money when you sell
Lol.
Or when the stock goes to $0.
>>
>>1513351
>what the FUCK do I do now.

Quit buying shit shilled on /biz/ you fucking retard.
>>
>>1513593
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1514296
MGT is finished in my opinion. No profits and no products, it was due for a correction. It's only pennies away from being taken off the exchange.
>>
>>1514433

Stocks don't often go to 0
>>
>>1513351
jesus... go play EvE online. Learn some basic money management 101 in space.

rule one- Don't fly what you can't afford to lose.
guess what, that applies to real life.
Don't buy what you can't afford to lose.
>>
>>1514652
Yeah, companies never go bankrupt.
I can't tell whether you're trolling or just incredibly stupid/naive.
Wait. Yes I can.
>>
MGT still has their bitcoin farm w/cheap hydro power
MGT still has their high profile advisory board of bitcoin insiders, black&white hat hackers, etc.

The potential for this to rebound is too good not to get in now...
>>
>>1513351

I laugh at how stupid you are.
>>
>>1514785
NOFX - "White trash, two heebs, and a bean": Track 7
>>
>>1514785
Did you jump in anons?!?
>>
>>1514610
YEAH FUCK YOU JUST SOLD MADE 40 CENTS PER SHARE OFF AVERAGING DOWN

FUCK YOU HAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.