[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was approved for a $6k Pell and FAFSA. No idea what I am doing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ff_000.jpg (18KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
ff_000.jpg
18KB, 300x256px
I was approved for a $6k Pell and FAFSA. No idea what I am doing. How do I use and abuse this thing. I actually want to go to classes, but I like to know everything and ever possibility in any situation I am involved in.
>>
FAFSA requires high attendance and only marginal grades. 101 and 110 classes in most colleges are BS especially if you were interested in the field in the first place, you'd already know all that entry level stuff, it's just to give people a complete course who know nothing. Problem is some of them require you to take them before you can take advanced but you can get around this by pestering the professors who can admit you in if you prove you already know it. That would be the best option if you want to learn advanced stuff.
>>
>>1513890
I haven't even applied to the college yet. I want to know how to manipulate the grants into my account, and ill take classes in spring
>>
>>1514464
In 4 years, you'll be blaming the government about all your debt like every other faggot does that abuses subsidized loans.
>>
>>1514477
Not if he chooses STEM.
>>
>>1514477

The pell grant is literally free money for attending school, not a loan. He's gonna use a few grand on tuition at a community college and pocket the rest.
>>
>>1515063

You can't get $6K from a Pell Grant. The maximum you can get from FAFSA is $6K and that's Pell Grant + Stafford Loan
>>
>>1513345
i'm gonna tell you this right now, do not bank on getting 6k as a pell because you're not going to get it. the school decides how much pell money you get, and chances are you're not even going to get close to that much. the number from FAFSA is just an estimate.
>>
>>1515193

You can get the max if you enroll full time which is like 12 credits isn't it? That's going to cut into well over half your money.
>>
>>1513345
1. Go to class
2. Get good grades
3. Applying for internships, scholarship programs and jobs
4. Run a few clubs
5. Graduate early or on time
6. Be a man. Don't try to get rich on 6k a year. Go make 100k a year and remember that you had a hand up along the way.
7. Pay your taxes
>>
>>1515072
nope, that 6k is for both semesters. The pell grant inreases every year.
>>
File: 1423765647380.jpg (63KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1423765647380.jpg
63KB, 720x540px
>>1515193

THis

My pell ended up being $1500 while the lighter skinnne'd kids got $1000<
>>
>>1515193
I've gotten 5.5K for the past 3 years and this year and I'm a senior.
>>
File: fafsa 2017 school award.png (13KB, 540x216px) Image search: [Google]
fafsa 2017 school award.png
13KB, 540x216px
Best you might be able to pull off OP is taking a class or two fall semester that starts after today. Unfortunately, your options are rather limited. Also, you can't stock it. Unless you somehow pretend to be a school, and mediate with FAFSA directly, you're not pulling money from it for your own personal use. They'll pay you the excess award, but only if you're enrolled at a school. It's also attributed on your class load, so take a full semester's worth of classes. You need 12 credit hours to collect that $3k per semester. This is your first year? Don't wait until spring. You can withdraw from FAFSA for 6 years, and you can't use it for a masters degree. Still, waiting until spring without working full time until then, is a waste of your youth. The longer you wait, the more opportunities will close on you. Go ASAP, take as many classes as possible. Collect the remainder of your check and try your hardest to involve yourself with a work-study position. It's not difficult. They're arguably the easiest jobs you can obtain as a college student. They don't count against your FAFSA reward money. You don't want to work for outside earnings of more than $15k if you're trying to maintain FAFSA full benefits. You don't want to have excess money in your bank account when you file for taxes, it'll count against you. Transfer excess funding to your parents if you can, prior to filing for taxes.

FAFSA is built to help students, not support dropouts. They're not sending you a check for your remaining funds until after they've paid for your tuition and verified that you have successfully attended your courses past the drop date. If you drop out after you've collected funds and had your courses paid for or don't pass 75% of your classes, be prepared to pay back the Federal government 100% of what you received.
>>
>>1515649

Shit, I meant $1000>

They got less than I did cuz i is blak
>>
>>1515219
douche bag
>>
>>1513890
The high attendance thing is trash. It's actually illegal for any professor to fail you due to attendance.

Most schools don't report shit to the government in regards to attendance either.

I know this because I was an idiot and didn't attend a class the entire semester, and still qualified for my grants this year.
>>
>>1515743
FIU?
>>
>>1513345
I went to a community college, and if not for a cunt of a mother threatening to kick me out into the cold If I didn't get a loan, I could have went through the entire degree program with out paying a thing back and got a few hundred to spend on shit I needed. It would have took longer than usual as I could only take a maximum of two classes per semester but it's possible.
As >>1513890 states most of the classes in college are filler, meant to gouge money out of the students. So you'd have to balance out the classes important to the degree you're going for with prerequisite shit you don't need to know in order to avoid having a semester of boring shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.