[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm turning 25 in January and have $10K. I want to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1474123811961.jpg (27KB, 636x478px) Image search: [Google]
1474123811961.jpg
27KB, 636x478px
I'm turning 25 in January and have $10K. I want to start investing the $10K and will contribute $100 a week.

Should I put the money in a mutual fund or ETFs? Don't ETFs suffer time decay and other things that makes it holding for long periods expensive?
>>
you dont have to take my opinion, but this has worked for me

80% on ETF, indexes and other low risk granny tier jolly investments.

20% on high risk memes. (if it pays off, instant riches, if it doesnt, at least you still have your traditional investments)
>>
>>1510895

This is just a small part of my income, for retirement purposes. With this and my living expenses, I still have $800-1,100 a month for spending. I could trade meme stocks with a little of that.
>>
>>1510902
get a feel for trading memes with small increments first.. after you get confident, it should provide a decent chunk of semi-passive income.

Theres really not much to talk about ETFs.. theyre OK. Fire and forget, no hassles investments
>>
>>1510905

TD Ameritrade has free commissions on certain ETFs as well. Should I go for that?
>>
>>1510913
>TD Ameritrade
they have had trouble with SEC before, but they seem to have resolved it in a good way. theyre not bad, but it wont hurt to diversify between several brokers.
>>
Honestly senpai a lot of guys come here for advice and they come with 1k, 3k or whatever they have and that's it. They walk away with lots of the same advice, stash it, save for a rainy day. That 10k is not easily replaceable (and it shouldn't be). Don't waste what you don't have.
>>
>>1510923

I have almost $150K in savings. $10K is nothing to start with. But I still have $50% for a down payment on a house soon and need some emergency funds.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.