[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to guess when someone old might die? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Grim-Reaper.jpg (31KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Grim-Reaper.jpg
31KB, 615x410px
Is it possible to guess when someone old might die?

I'm in a will to receive some property but the person thats leaving it to me isn't dead yet, They are in their late 80's and from what i hear most people don't live to be 90.

How can i plan my financial future around something like this?
>>
>>1510488
Don't bother. Take the inheritance and put it in a vanguard fund or something of that sort. Otherwise, plan your life like you won't get anything.

For all you know you'll be written out of the will, and have no legal grounds to contest it. Putting yourself in a situation where you wind up being dependent on that money is just stupid.
>>
>>1510488
You can possibly buy life insurance on them but they would have to know and consent to it.
>>
>>1510556
you can't buy life insurance for someone over 85
>>
>>1510567
even if you could, the payments would probably be high.
>>
Why do you speak as if there's no possibility that you will die before her? Allah is not pleased with you OP
>>
File: 1412451173962.jpg (58KB, 807x810px) Image search: [Google]
1412451173962.jpg
58KB, 807x810px
>>1510488
>Is it possible to guess when someone old might die?
This is /biz/ not sci.
But I will give you this link:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=life+expectancy+85+year+old+american+male

Adapt it to your situation.
>>
>>1510488
>most people don't live to be 90.
What you have to understand is that the older you are, the longer you are expected to live.
>>
>>1510668
>What you have to understand is that the older you are, the longer you are expected to live.
This.
E.g. 90-year-olds can not die from childhood illnesses, will not be killed as a soldier in Vietnam, they don't die from any work related accidents, they don't get into fights etc.
They have left most of life's risks behind them.
>>
>>1510680
Not just that, but since life expectancies are calculated as averages, "the life expectancy of an 85-year-old" is naturally going to be a higher number than "the life expectancy of a person," since we can rule out any death below the age of 85 from the calculation of this average.
>>
>>1510488
>How can i plan my financial future around something like this?
I believe inherences should be a bonus, not your basic necessities. You must be really fucking up if you want to build your finances around it.
>>
>>1510488

Are they in good shape? If they've reached that age and are still sharp in mind, free from illness and not crippled they've got some top notch genes and you probably can't rule out them making it past 100. Also, check how old their parents and grandparents became.
>>
>>1510488
>Is it possible to guess when someone old might die?
Actuary anon here.

If you part for the theoretical basis of computing the survival function at some specific point in time, it is 0 since lifetime is a continuous random variable. To "predict" the time of decease, you'd probably need to lookup a mortality model to get a pointwise prediction at a desired confidence rate (normally it is 95%) for someone aged 80. Which theoretically, using the Chebyshev's inequality, would necessarily be really close to the expected lifetime for someone aged 80. IRL you hypothesis test it.
TL;DR practically no.

>How can i plan my financial future around something like this?
You make your pension plan with your expected money.
First compute the actuarial present value using that probability and your desired time horizon.

APV = FutureAssets@today = ⌂ vᵗ ₜP80

where ⌂ is the propety price,
't' is the complete expected lifetime measured in years for someone with current age 80 i.e. e°80 ,
and vᵗ is the present value @ time 't' i.e. (1 + i)^t and where i = effective annual interest adjusted with inflation (so if your house price isn't growing it might end up being negative with inflation)
'ₜP80' is the probability of survival for 't' years for someone with current age 80.

It would actually be something more complicated like involving a stochastic force of interest, but for simple calculations this will do.

If you want to plan what's the theoretical income, then you just solve for an income 'K'
APV = Ka, where 'a' is the present value of your annuity payments

So if you want a monthly income of 'K' at the beggining of each month, then you must solve for K:

APV = K äₓ

where 'x' is your current age in years
and thus 'äₓ' is the life annuity-due for someone of your age
therefore, your monthly income would be something like
APV/äₓ = "monthlyIncome"

Please don't plan your future over this. But should you really need it, go with a pension firm.
>>
File: 1462339476916.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462339476916.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>1512153
I'm sorry the 't' is actually e°80 - 80, thus something like 11.02 years using >>1510665
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.