[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a business board, so I think this is the right spot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Ex Machina 3-0-2000-0-1125-crop.jpg (253KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Ex Machina 3-0-2000-0-1125-crop.jpg
253KB, 2000x1125px
This is a business board, so I think this is the right spot. I'm looking for some advice.

I'm in college right now, and planning on going into the business side of the music industry. I've made a few connections, and have been invited to a networking event. Right now I'm majoring in economics or business, maybe a double major, or one with a minor. I'm going into an internship with a record label. Im also the head of the marketing board at my university. I'm really good with people, good with numbers, and love music.

Right now I'm thinking of maybe becoming a CFO of an independent record label, working up to CEO, and then working up to major labels like Sony or Warner Bros? I'm still pretty young and would appreciate any advice or input on careers and my future.
>>
>>1509212
> Start as CFO...

Good luck. Pro tip, you will start by getting coffee.
>>
>>1509217
I realise I can't start as a CFO, that would be completely ridiculous. I'm hopeing the internship can get the coffee out of the way. I have a lot of experience with event running, and might run some events after the internship. If I can't start as a CFO where should I start? I know I could easily get a marketing job or something, but I don't know if that has the growing capability that I'm looking for. End goal, I want to be at the head of a label or CEO, etc. I want to work on nonprofit and volunteer work etc.
>>
>from internship to cfo

is this bait?
>>
If you can get a junior management position you really hit it off.
>>
Wow, music industry. I stopped reading after that and wept a few tears for your future.

Maybe you can get a law degree in entertainment law too! Then you'll be just like the people on your tv box at home!
>>
>>1509522
Not directly to CFO no, I'm not that retarded. I was looking for advice on how I should transition into a CFO or CEO position. It's a long term goal. I'm wondering what the first jobs I should be looking for are. Event management and marketing are things I kn ow I could get into. I mentioned an internships just as a basis to understand the steps I am taking.
>>
Become the CEO of $KNPD Inc.
>>
>>1509609
I'm not sure if this is bait or not, but I'll humor you. I'm not looking to be famous, infact I would actually hate that. If you continued reading, I'm going into business and financials. There is actually a plethora of great jobs in an industry I love. The music industry is more than just singing. That includes non proffit work, accountants, Financial Officers, Managers, Marketing Teams, Project Oversight, government work as a music Director, etc. I'd rather work somewhere I enjoy. If you're intelligent and good with people you can pretty much do anything.
>>
>>1509537
Junior Management would be perfect. I actually have a decent amount of management experience, despite being 21. I've managed blood drives and other volunteer work, I manage the marketing team at my university, at one of my jobs I manage and oversee employees and events as well as train staff, I have experience managing concerts and working alongside artists, and within a year or so I'll be managing a large benefit event. When I'm on break from college, I'm working three jobs to help pay for tuition. Not a lot of experience, but I think it's a good start.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.