[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why haven't you bought Office Depot yet? >The stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: office-depot_416x416.jpg (17KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
office-depot_416x416.jpg
17KB, 416x416px
So why haven't you bought Office Depot yet?

>The stock is extremely undervalued.
>Has a huge gap to fill so it'll be a good trade
>Businesses/home offices/schools need supplys so it'll make a good retirement stock aswell

So why haven't you bought it yet?
>>
File: jellybean.png (253KB, 503x404px) Image search: [Google]
jellybean.png
253KB, 503x404px
>>1505499

>retail
>>
>>1505499

Because it's boring. Not volatile enough to make any money.

and this

>>1505827
>>
>investing in brick and mortar retail when Amazon exists
>>
didn't merge with staples..
>>
>>1505827
retail is stable investing.
more so if its in non discretionary spending / essentials / grocery

then again so is investing in a government bond or a low interest savings account.
>>
>>1506017
the market oversold it when it didn't merge
>>1505839
I don't think you have ever worked for any big office building, they usually get their supplys directly from a place like office depot or staples on account. not amazon. Amazon might even get their supplys from a place like office depot or staples
>>
>>1506317

Sounds like you're butthurt because you're so emotional and financially heavily invested
>>
>>1506361
500 shares at 3.60 im not worried at all.
It's a good company and its undervalued, ill take the "risk"
What stock picks you got?
>>
>>1505499
Because like 95% of its business model seems to be contracts with offices and I'm pretty confident they're gonna tank once old office workers begin to die off.

I'm 100% certain there's a direct correlation between excessive paper/office supply use and age. I make an affirmative effort to avoid paper like the plague.
>>
>>1506391
so you aren't using a computer right now? you don't own a desk? you don't own a computer chair? you don't have speakers for your computer? Kids that go to school NEVER use paper for their school work? the teachers don't buy markers for their white boards?
>>
>>1506407
>Computer
Internet.
>Desk
Same.
>Chair
Same.
>Paper
Same.
>Markers.
Same.

Retail's already a struggling sector. On one hand, big box stores can easily eat Office Depot's lunch when it comes to basics that people want now. On the other hand, the Internet can eat up Office Depot's lunch when it comes to pricey goods and the like, especially since retailers like Amazon are offering free shipping, cheaper prices, and shopping from home. Sure, there'll be some scraps here and there for Office Depot to serve, but those scraps are getting smaller and smaller.
>>
>>1506414
Office Depot is online. Amazon probably uses a place like office depot to get their office supply's.
There will be office supplys for a very long time.

I own a business and i use paper, printers, pencils, pens all sorts of shit all the time. my Girlfriend is in the same boat. As much as you want to say you will avoid Retail and go with something like amazon.. guess what.. amazon is pretty much retail. you aren't making your point by saying that all of a sudden nobody will be using computers and printers and pens and pencils and paper and computer chairs and desk.
Sure they can get them from other places, but not all places offer accounts to business owners.
SPLS and ODP are alot bigger than what people think.. they aren't just the store people walk into, they do big accounts aswell.
Get out of your moms basement would you, step out into the real world and realise people DO still use the things you mentioned aren't going to exist.
>>
>>1506425
>Office depot is online
So is/was Circuit City.

>Probably uses
No:
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13572947/1/office-depot-assures-investors-staples-amazon-won-t-kill-it.html

>amazon is pretty much retail.
Not in the way I'm using it. Office Depot is brick-and-mortar retail, which is a dying breed already.

>Sure they can get them from other places, but not all places offer accounts to business owners.
Why is this necessary? "Accounts" and their ilk existed because it was - among other things - a way to offer business owners discounts and wholesale prices, which is something the Internet is already very happy to do without requiring accounts. Moreover, the existence of corporate credit cards and the like obviate the need for nonsense like individualized account payment terms.

>they do big accounts aswell.
I know, and as I argued in my previous post, that's a dying breed. I'm not aware of a single company that I have worked for that used Office Depot for anything. I know they exist, and as I mentioned, that's what's keeping them alive.

>Get out of your moms basement would you, step out into the real world and realise people DO still use the things you mentioned aren't going to exist.
"Anyone who doesn't believe Office Depot is the future of business is clearly a basement dwelling neckbeard!"
>>
>for a trade
I can see that
>for retirement?
now that's pushing it
>>
>>1505499
To say that old school office supply usage will cease to exist is unrealistic, but there can be no doubt that going forward the usage of pens, paper, etc will be DRASTICALLY reduced. The size of office depots operations is too bloated for the impending loss of demand and stock value will plummet as revenue falls of a cliff
>>
>>1506407
those are not high margin items and the volume of school children is not sufficient to maintain a company at this valuation.
Office Depot will go the way of all specialized retailers soon please not . I hate going there. I hate buying their overpriced bullshit. Most of their furniture is particleboard crap.
I know I'm being ripped off. The only time I need anything from them is if I fucked up, or someone made some asinine specific request.

once every quarter or so I am forced in here and I see less and less employees every time. not at one location either mind you.
>>
>>1506486
>I'm not aware of a single company that I have worked for that used Office Depot for anything.
Running erands for your mommy and daddy while they are at work doesn't count for working at a company.

>Office Depot is the future of business
i never said that, im just simply saying it's a bargain right now

Don't make money, i don't care.
>>
>Be me
>Go to Office Depot to get some shit
>The clerk at the counter suddenly speaks to me "Sir do you own a broken laptop? We currently give a free service of fixing laptops." and gives me a small card that has basic information of it
>It reads in the corner "..we may install certain programs.."

How fucking low can this guys get? I felt the urge to punch that motherfucker in the face.
>>
>>1505499
Office Depot is going out of business within the next five years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.