[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey biz, let's say I get a decent job, live frugally, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey biz, let's say I get a decent job, live frugally, and save my money. How much money would I need to have to start investing, and who would I go to that can invest my money? (I have no interest in studying the stock marker or real estate or anything like that.)
>>
you sound like a pretty good candidate for betterment.com, chcek it out.. no minimums, very low fees, creates a portfolio for you (stocks and bonds) based on age, risk tolerance, goals, etc.
>>
>>1502984
>wants to get into stock investing
>doesn't want to study the stock market or "anything like that"
L m a o o o
>>
>>1502988
Ah, so there are websites out there that have people working for them (who know what they're doing), and then you just put in however much money you want to put in and let the do the work?
Do they take a percentage of your investments or do they take a straight up fee?
And how does this compare to going to an individual person who knows what to invest in (real estate, stocks, etc.)?
>>
>>1503002
Yes, pretty much. They take a fee of the total amount invested each year, which recall correctly is 0.15%. So for every $100,000 you have invested, they keep $150.

>And how does this compare to going to an individual person who knows what to invest in (real estate, stocks, etc.)?
It's a similar investment, although you don't get into specific companies and such, as the betterment funds track broad stock indexes (i.e., you own a tiny bit of every company instead of being heavily weighted in a few).

if you'd like to understand investment options a bit more than sliding a risk slider on a webpage to determine your asset allocation, I'd suggest reading the following link to begin understanding some basic concepts: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
>>
>>1503012
I see. Will read up on the link. Can you lose money with those sites? Or are you always gonna make at least some sort of profit?
>>
>>1503015
You can always lose money, with those sites or ANY investment. However, history tells us that the markets (on average) will go up due to various reasons such as technological advances, inflation, and economic growth (as feeble as it is right now).

However, it's important to know you won't lose more than you put in (unless you're doing some fancy stuff like options, which you won't be).

In the extremely unlikely event that you lose as much as you put in, civilization as we know has ended and I hope you have some guns.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.