[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to move from being a finance analyst in risk mgmt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1277506041343.jpg (23KB, 258x320px) Image search: [Google]
1277506041343.jpg
23KB, 258x320px
is it possible to move from being a finance analyst in risk mgmt into moving into a trading/stock broker role?
>>
>>1502620
if you have to ask /biz/ the answer is no. honestly though, it absolutely is possible
>>
>>1502620
trading and stockbroking are very different

I think you probably need to figure out what it is you actually want to do first and then work on how to get there
>>
>>1502620
>trading and stockbroking are very different
Trading = Buying/Selling what you see value/lack of value in.
Stockbroker = Buying/Selling on behalf of others who can't/won't do it themselves.
>>
>>1502620
>trading/stock broker
Well first you should probably figure out what these two things are before you decide to do one of them.

My boss is a senior trader/partner at the firm and does all of his interviews right there on the trading floor. One of my favorite things to watch is when some chink grad student comes in and starts talking about why he wants to be a broker. This usually triggers a tirade and stream of curses before he's shown the door. So funny. Read the fucking job description! These kids have no clue.

>"One person I admire is Warren Buffett because he is a great trader."
>Really, which of his books have you read?
>"Um, I forget the name..."
>It was nice meeting you we'll be in touch

>Why do you want to be a trader?
>"I want to help others make financially sound decisions and grow their wealth."
>Goodbye
>>
>>1504074
>>1504083
Both of these are true. That said, generally both trading and financial advisor type jobs are easy to get but difficult to succeed at. Compensation is highly performance-based, so a company doesn't risk a lot by bringing you on.
>>
>>1504098
A monkey could get either of these jobs. The firm risks nothing by bringing you on and will even make money on your commissions and fees, so the more the merrier.
>>
>>1504098
that depends very much on the trading role

if you want to babysit some FX marketmaking algos at Goldman then you're likely gonna need a top school + internship behind you

if you want to take random punts at a daytrading shop then you don't need much at all

your chances of (financial) success vary greatly depending on the path you chose
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.