[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. I know I don't belong on this side of 4chan, as I spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: stockywocky.jpg (261KB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stockywocky.jpg
261KB, 1910x1000px
So.
I know I don't belong on this side of 4chan, as I spend my days as a /b/tard and dabble in /pol/ and /news/, however I'm hoping there's one or more of you in /biz/ that can at the very least point me in the right direction.

I'm taking a level 400 Econ class, and one of the tasks for the semester is to mock invest two thousand US dollars into the stock market.

I know it's a social faux pas to ask a board a favor that benefits the OP, but frankly, sifting through the click bait, ads, and special interests is making me feel as though I'm getting slanted information.

I'm just looking for informative and/or mock exchange websites that don't have a fixed initial investment (since my task is specifically 2000 USD), rational investment choices (I think you guys call them defensive stocks?), and general stock information as I have next to no clue about the stock market.

Thanks /biz/, and I really hope one of you come through for me.
>>
I'd try investopedia, but I'm not sure
>>
Buy low, sell high
>>
>>1501816
Investopedia
>>
>>1501816
If a Chinese guy or a black guy gives you the info you need, would you still take it?
>>
>>1501830
Are you asking me this because I browse /pol/?
Yes of course I would take the info, race has nothing to do with practical information.

>>1501821
>>1501818
This site does have good information but the mock trading is fixed at 100,000. Also the good information in this website seems to be for more seasoned investors. I might need something that can lay out everything for me in more layman-like terms. Thank you for the advice.
>>
Go to Investopedia and go all in on AMD.
>>
>>1501841
>this website seems to be for more seasoned investors
Dude you literally spent less than 10 minutes on the site... lurk moar. It has everything you need.

>the mock trading is fixed at 100,000
If you need to be trading with 2,000, then only use 2,000 of that 100k.
>>
>>1501844
I just have a weird feeling this is a troll, I thought I heard somewhere that AMD is tanking.

>>1501854
You're right my man. I'm looking through stocks for beginners now and it's actually exactly what I need. Thanks for being diligent about using that site.
>>
>>1501863
Good luck with the project. When I was in college I basically learned more from Investopedia than my classes lol
>>
CERU
>>
Are you allowed to short? Are penny stocks/pink sheets allowed?
>>
>>1501887
Yes to both of those, even though I have no idea what shorting is, but I'm about to read up on it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.