[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have any info about the British housing market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Richard-Carr-property-developer.jpg (786KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Carr-property-developer.jpg
786KB, 1000x1000px
Does anyone here have any info about the British housing market right now? Which direction is it headed? Which direction is the general economy headed?

My father and I are looking at maybe getting into property development. I'm an accountant and he's a carpenter and joiner - I think we'd make a great team. Tips and general advice about property development are also welcome.
>>
>>1498532

property investment, new zealand style

>buy house. any house. doesnt matter
>immediately put back on market (same day, if possible)
>cross fingers that more than one chinese person turns up (a full room of chinese is ideal, but just 10-15 will do)
>sell house in ridiculous bidding war between rich assholes desperately trying to get their dirty money out of china
>make huge profit, zero tax because Banana Republic
>go home and be outraged that you cant get any tickets to the big game because scalpers got them all and are selling them at a huge markup
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>1498532
There will be plenty to develop thanks to the immigrants destroying homes in the next few years. Problem is they will be in immigrant neighborhoods and no one will want to buy them after they are developed. Except for immigrants, and selling to them is never fun.

Housing market for actual brits will be similar to how it's always been.
>>
>>1498563
What if there aren't any Chinese people bidding, you can't sell the house and you have to pay interest every month
>>
>>1498567
Aren't the immigrants spreading out into British neighbourhoods?
>>
>>1498587
That makes those neighborhoods immigrant neighborhoods.
>>
Housing market is going down. Rents are falling!

Thank fuck for brexit
T.renter
>>
>Big developers are holding off on big land buys until things are clearer about brexit
>Don't build high quality homes initially. Barratt like shit boxes sell just as fast
>Cash buyers will outbid you on small plots
>Consider renovation as your first job or an extension
>You will be at the whim of the utility companies, council/planners.
>Don't buy sites with contaminated ground. If you see japanese knotweed just walk away m8. Don't bother.
>Neighbours will cause you hassle. You might end up going through solicitors over silly things.
>Keep a leash on the Architect and the Engineer
>Keep a fucking close eye on the groundworkers. They will rob, go slow and generally fuck you about
>Don't employ unqualified foreigners
>>
>>1498789
Thanks man. You seem to have experience in the industry, what's your background? Is there a lot of money in renovation/ extensions/ developing? What kind of returns can I be expecting?
>>
>>1498532
Buy a house in London. ROI is guaranteed.
>>
Bubble can't really go on much longer. Go to any high street and about 1 out of every three buildings is an estate agent's office. Cab drivers, pensioners, and all kinds of normies are taking jumbo loans and getting into property. You'd be getting in at the top of a massive bubble.
>>
>>1499168
How long until the bubble bursts? 1 year? 5 years?
>>
>>1499220

No way to tell, but I'd wager it doesn't have long.
>>
>>1498991
I work at an engineering consultancy whose main clients are big uk housing developers. I can't give you any specific figures on returns desu, I'm not really involved.

What I will say is that when we have meetings, we turn up in the modest hatchbacks/estates and the developers have the range rovers.

I recommended an extension so you can get a feel for it and see what it's like working with family.
>>
All I know is they got the smallest houses in all of europe.And american houses are over twice the size.
>>
>>1500377

Their houses are ridiculously small and expensive. Australia, Canada, the UK, and major coastal cities in the US are experiencing a huge property bubble.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.