[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AYO DAWG Do you know what's the problem of doing an arrangement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 8lBc2PI.jpg (872KB, 1805x2560px) Image search: [Google]
8lBc2PI.jpg
872KB, 1805x2560px
AYO DAWG
Do you know what's the problem of doing an arrangement of some song that isn't mine?

Do you NIGGAZ have any experience?

Shakkin muh hed to bee houness famelams
>>
>>1498272
Remix copyright law is incredibly complicated. Suffice to say, should you use parts of a composition, samples from a song, etc., you should get permission from the copyright owner.

Assuming you're just gonna remix some shit and throw it on YouTube for free, I wouldn't really worry too much, as many companies turn a blind eye to that.
>>
>>1498276
No. I'm trying to make an exact piano arrangement of this piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00o92Qe1SL4
How the hell am I supposed to comunicate with them if I live in Spain?
What do I write o n the email?
>>
>>1498276
Will they fuck me up if I publish this shit on musescore for some coins or something?
>>
>>1498291
Has Steins;Gate been published in your country? If so, contact the holding company.

>>1498293
Hard to say.

Broadly speaking, Japanese companies are much, much more chill about fan works than Western countries. This is because their copyright law doesn't make them go out and sue infringers quite like American copyright/trademark law does (it arguably doesn't, but whatever). Dojinshi culture is powerful in Japan, a lot of companies would absolutely wreck their profits if they went after fans.

At the same time, Spanish law likely still makes it an act of infringement for you to remix aspects of the composition, and that'd include a piano arrangement.

I can't give you legal advice because I know nothing about Spanish law and I'm not your lawyer, but if I were you, I'd roll the dice and just go for it. Japanese companies are chill, and the worst you'd get would be a C&D letter.
>>
>>1498293
Oh, and to clarify one thing:

A C&D letter is not a lawsuit, it's a letter telling you to stop doing what you're doing. I've received a ton of them due to previous work I did back as a teen.

Your chances of being sued over a remix/composition are somewhere near the floor. To even write a complaint, it'd cost the company thousands of dollars. The most that would happen is that they'd ask you to stop profiting off of their composition, which is fair.
>>
>>1498301
Gracias, amigo.

Too good to be a tripfag.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.