[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just quit my job at a top 5 investment firm with nothing else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: OP.jpg (23KB, 306x371px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
23KB, 306x371px
Just quit my job at a top 5 investment firm with nothing else lined up. have enough cash to pay bills for ~ a month. The job i left for is turning out to be pure shit, any tips for getting finance jobs? any companies that are always hiring? have a double major in fin/econ for top 20 school, but only have 2 years experience and its in financial advising. i know most of the people on this board are basement dwelling wannabe day traders but i thought i'd give it a shot. tips? help? I dont need a dream job. just something ~50k yr to pay the bills while i continue my job hunt. t y /biz/
>>
>>1493165

shameless self bump of desperation
>>
If you don't like finance jobs, why are you searching for one?
>>
>>1493165

I'd switch to sales. Easy to get into, always hiring, and can be fun if you are in a good situation. Plus you'll learn a thing or two.

I have rarely heard good things about finance.

Maybe just look for sales positions in finance, payroll, benefits, etc...

Beware commission only. You want a base of 40 - 60, with extra money for commission.
>>
>>1493288
any specific firms?

>>1493278
The changed the scope of my job to include cold calling new prospective clients. Waste of time and degrading
>>
>>1493165
>only have 2 years experience and its in financial advising.
>i know most of the people on this board are basement dwelling wannabe day traders

So what's worse- wanting to be a day trader or wanting to be a financial adviser?

What'd you do, flunk out of the PMD program?
>>
>>1493350
Yea but isn't that part of any finance job? Working leads?
>>
>>1493355

Never wanted to be financial advisor. I took the job because they recruited me fresh out of school with decent pay and i didn't really know how pleb tier of a job advising was. They provided me with a book of business and told me i'd be re balancing portfolios all day. which was true for a while, but i did not sign up for some quasi-belfort hunter gatherer BS.

I'm not dumb enough to enroll in PMD- type program in my early twenties. almost impossible. minimum client investable assets is 500k. good luck finding two of those a month at 23 years old.
>>
>>1493374

theres a difference in working leads and cold calling someone to ask them to move hundreds of thousands of dollars from a competitor to your firm. Most of them have never even expressed interest of even interacted with anyone at the company. impossibly difficult
>>
>>1493379
I would recommend something in HR or compliance.
>>
>>1493423
lol, i see what you did there. not that big of a pussy. are you an advisor? i want to work in analytics but fund companies seem to want nothing to do with you unless you have experience. I passed the level 1 CFA exam in june and they still dont seem to care. No idea how to get my foot in the door...
>>
Surely there are non financial sales jobs you could do just as a hold over.

Or you could get an excel jockey job somewhere?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.