[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if there wasn't a stock exchange or banks? Would the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What if there wasn't a stock exchange or banks?

Would the economy still crash?
>>
>>1492567
why should anyone bother to try to answer your stupid hypothetical question?
Fuck this thread and Fuck you Op.
>>
File: 1473219249395.jpg (35KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1473219249395.jpg
35KB, 633x758px
>>1492568
>>
>>1492567
we would be in medieval age.
people would trade their stuff for other stuff they need. No currency.
>>
>>1492567
>Would the economy still crash?

There won't be an economy to crash. The stock exchange and banks have existed for thousands years. Its only just all electronic and done by computers now. Economic growth and technological advancement would have been impossible without businesses being able to acquire funding for risky ventures if Banks didn't exist. Go read a history book or two. Or if you're the type who believes only Jews run Banks and money is evil, then check this cool board out >>>/pol/
>>
>>1492571
Well why can't people manage their own money and get investors without a stock exchange?
>>
>>1492571
/pol/ is a board of peace
>>
>>1492571
>stock exchange and banks have existed for thousands years

wut? you mean hundreds
>>
The market would just centralize around heavy trade like it did back in venetian period.
>>
>>1492582
Its called Trust. Consider this: are you seriously going to carry around 100 gold and silver coins in your pocket for your everyday expenses and trade? This is why Banks exist: to provide credit. Its so that people don't have to carry around their money and valuables as they face the real risk of being mugged and robbed by bandits.

>>1492586
SEIG HEIL!

>>1492591
People thousands of years ago still had to eat, drink and live somewhere didn't they? So they had to trade commodities like wheat, flour, meat and farmland (real estate) on some form of informal "stock exchange". Also they were well aware that certain commodities could not be available during particular seasons, hence there had to be some sort of record keeping to keep track of prices otherwise people wouldn't have a reference to negotiate and speculate.
>>
>>1492571
Finally some sense on this board
>>
>>1492570
actually we could use any rare material as medium of exchange don't even need to mint coins or anything just use scales like in the old times.

i remember i have been at games in my younger age where beer bottle caps were currency or metal washers. you can get an economy up and running based on anything people can't just print or make up in no time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.