[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>part time job gives my laughably high amounts of holidays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1473418371617.jpg (76KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1473418371617.jpg
76KB, 600x333px
>part time job gives my laughably high amounts of holidays that I never even expected to get
>only work for 18 hours a week (3 shifts of 6 hours)
>only have 6 working days in the next 30 days due to holidays
>still feel incredibly repressed by the presence of work

Wageslavery is a binary condition
>>
>teacher
>13 weeks holiday/year (3 half terms, 2 Christmas, 2 Easter, 6 Summer)
>4 weeks in summer after the exams when I show up at work and shitpost all day
>Doing student enrolment at the moment (shitposting because it's dead)
>work 4 days/week

Still want to kill myself. OP is correct.
>>
>>1492478

Is this the UK? Do you work in summers or not? Also is it really a hellish 70 hours a week job or is that just women whining?
>>
>>1492481
Not that poster, but you can make it bad for yourself, it really depends on where you teach. My gfs mom is a principle/teacher/nurse because her school is underfunded and understaffed. She has been working 70 hour weeks for months now. But if she stopped giving a fuck, she could just work 40 and let everything sort itself out. Or she could move to another job at somewhere with a better wage and better hours, but she feels too attached to her place.
>>
>>1492478
>doesn't contribute to 401(k) like everyone else
>has months of vacation
>still complains about the state changing free pension program
call a waahhhbulance breh
>>
>>1492481
The governments has ridiculous demands, so to do a 'proper' job according to their standards is humanly impossible (even on a 120h working week - not exaggerating).

On the other hand, it has unmatched job security so it's impossible to get fired.

The ones that work 70 hours are the tryhards that want to plan everything, prepare resources, mark homeworks, mark tests, write reports...

I'm a minimalist Maths teacher and capable of winging my lessons + photocopying relevant pre-made resources.

I copy/paste reports and they mark the homework themselves in class.

>>1492572
No one mentioned the pension program.
>>
>>1492674
>I copy/paste reports and they mark the homework themselves in class.
So what happens if a student founds an alternative solution that is also correct?
>>
>>1492481
>Also is it really a hellish 70 hours a week job or is that just women whining?
I was a high school maths teacher for a few years. Full-time workload was 4 lessons each day - sometimes only 2 or 3 with all spare time being labelled as 'duties other than teaching'

Monday to Friday I was physically present in classrooms for maybe 16 hours and preparation outside of classroom was maybe 4hrs.

Report writing took a cozy night sitting in front of the TV with a print-out of each class list and photo's of each kid if I only had that class once a week and didn't know the kids by name... I never copypasta comments but it didn't ever take more than 1 or 2 minutes to write each and allocate a grade. My comments were often used as examples of 'best practice'.

When you're a semi-intelligent, competent and efficient person, if you DON'T go into the field of education you'll never stand out. If you decide to teach, you'll soon realise the future is in the hands of mostly idiots who literally cry behind closed doors because they can't cope with kids giggling at them.
>>
>don't have a job
>make money through a learned skill
>still feel oppressed by the need to eat and sleep

Life is a binary condition.
>>
>>1492473

Been there.

I worked 3 days a week at my last job and still hated every minute of it.

Even a light schedule does not save a shitty job from being shitty.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.