[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys ever have to cut your parents off? My parents are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Did you guys ever have to cut your parents off?

My parents are just ultimate poorfags with a really poor attitude to everything and are just negative in general when Ive tried to help them with their finances. Should I just part ways with them?
>>
dont burn your bridges, but dont try to help them financially.. maintain good relations. Hide your money power levels
>>
>>1491866
It's driving me nuts trying to explain anything to them, just considering cutting them off entirely. I don't think it's worth it
>>
>>1491863
Why don't you just stop trying to control their finances? Most people hate getting advice. I just let my parents do their thing. They're adults, why should they have to listen to whatever you say?
>>
>>1491878
Because they annoy me about it and they're fucking their lives up?

By that logic I might as well stop talking to them
>>
>>1491863
Live within/below means, have a separate account for your daily expenses and bills.

And keep all the extra in a secret account, with e-statements, to not get monthly statements in the mail. Scan then shred all your pay stubs.
>>
>>1491878
They probably nag about needing money and guilt him by reminding him how hard they worked to support him.
>>
>>1491958
>>>>>>>>>>>>They probably nag about needing money and guilt him by reminding him how hard they worked to support him.

bingo

And to be totally honest they weren't very good parents, ever...

>>1491953
I'm not living with them much longer. I just happened to start earning decent money, will be leaving soon.

Good idea on the statements although only my cc bill comes by mail
>>
>>1491883
>Because they annoy me
wow very mature of you

what are you an angsty teen?
>>
>>1491967
if I had a friend who annoyed me and never listened to advice, I wouldn't be friends with them anymore.

How is this different?
>>
>>1491977
Because they are your family...

If they really have seriously harmed you, I totally understand. I know people who have cut off abusive parents and their lives were much better. But just because they annoy you? shit man that's pretty fucked up. Everyone's parents annoy them in some way.
>>
>>1491994
They've done pretty bad things in the past but I don't like to hold a grudge

At this point I see no reason to maintain contact with them though. They've barely completed their minimal legal duties, my childhood was pretty much hell due to shit they pulled
>>
>>1491996
Why don't you move out, your relationship will probably improve.
>>
>>1492001
I am soon, as I said
>>
What poor decisions have they made?
>>
>>1492019
Credit card debt, buying frivolous goods, leasing overpriced cars, not prioritizing debt, not investing shit even when they had the money for it, it's just a mess
>>
>>1492023
Well, at least you've learned from their mistake. I don't know why people enjoy being in debt. It annoys me to owe money.
>>
>>1492026
The worst is people making a combined 6 figures+ and still being poor or even in debt
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.