[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an industrial designer and with two other designer we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I'm an industrial designer and with two other designer we made a product concept prototype which went a bit viral in media and social networks. Also won some prizes. We get plenty of mails when it's going to be published on market as well. However, we have no money to realize it so we thought about selling it somehow and somewhere. Do you think that's possible even it's just a prototype? How should we start and especially where do we find people who might be interested?

Lets assume we made a smartwatch like pic related (obviously we didn't). Does it make sense to send emails to companies who make electronic devices for example Huawei and ask if they are interested in buying our concept/idea?

Of course we don't wanna charge too much but just sitting there and letting our concept getting old and dusty is probably wrong too.

Thank you
>>
>>1491810
If it's amazing do a kickstarter campaign since you don't have to actually deliver. You can stay in limbo forever. Or you could use those funds to show there's a market for your idea and look for real investors.
>>
>>1491813
This.

Do it faggot. It's literally free money, you just need to make people excited about it. You actually kinda missed the hotspot but it you can probably still get it out there
>>
>>1491813
This to be honest.

Also, the better your prototype is, the more money you will raise.

If you could make this design work, where it is lightweight & practical, you could easily get millions from a big tech company.

There's a lot of obstacles in terms of design & funding you would need to overcome though. Good luck.
>>
>>1491813
>>1491816
>>1491835
Thanks a lot. But doesn't it mean that I actually have to deliver the product if reaches its goal at kickstarter? I'm gonna read about that
>>
>>1491840
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/566429325/tropes-vs-women-in-video-games/description

It has been 4 years and Anita still hasn't managed to put out a 12 episode vlog ranting about video games.
>>
>>1491840
Kickstarter requires you to make a good faith effort to deliver, but if you fail after making that good faith effort you aren't liable.
You might get sued anyway, of course, but in theory you should win the case.
>>
>>1491810
Patents.
Patents.

Patent the interface. Patent the implementation.
Yes it will cost you a bit of money, but then you'll own something potentially worth money.

>A big company is more likely to buy you off with some token amount before they move into production rather than risk getting sued down the line and having to pay you a share of profits.

>>1491813
>>1491816
>>1491835
If you and your partner want to spend the time promoting the kickstarter, then actually developing the product, do this.

Just make sure the goal is high enough that you can both quit your day jobs.
But before you do that, get patented.

Fail that, come up with another meme-ish concept, and this time really build a PR strategy around it.
Think less about making the product a reality, but more make yourself a desirable hire, so a memey startup will hire you and blast the industry rags with press releases
>StartupCo hires wizkid Anon Smith to be VP of R&D
And basically you command a hire salary because you're good press for the company.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.