[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is medicine, specifically specialties and surgeries a meme? Taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (266KB, 1300x863px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 1300x863px
Is medicine, specifically specialties and surgeries a meme? Taking into account ROI/profits
>>
>>1489974
Reason :
If you're willing to put in the work that is required to become a doctor, yet alone get into a decent med school you might as well do a 3 year Finance degree and get into a top tier WS firm,
>>
Not even remotely a meme. But /biz/ is full of shit so they'll happily tell you that medicine is shit just to be edgy.
>>
The real meme is doing a job you don't like for money.
>>
Medicine is great. If you have a specialty in a specific area of surgery you can potentially be making a million a year salaried. Probably more than that if you went into private practice.

>a meme

This fucking contrarian ass board.
>>
nigga even if theres a nuclear war against superintelligent donkeys there will be medics. Medicine is probably the most respectable degree imo i got friends who are taking it up in the ass daily and are forced to do shit like sleeping on hospital floors.

for some reason though there's plenty of med dropouts in my major heh
>>
>>1490024
Whats your major.
>>
>>1490024
Med: Difficult, Low Risk, High Reward
Finance: Easy, High Risk, High Reward
>>
>>1489999
this. quads check out.
>>
>>1489969
You'll be alright financially. Not crazy rich, the salary is deceptive. Taxes and debts and probably suits make getting rich as a doctor a bit difficult.

But if you have a passion for it, you'll do fantastically in all aspects of life. If not, you'll finish med school without the heart to go on into residency and stuck in a quarter million dollars of debt.
>>
>>1489969
A dermatologist works five days a week, eight hour days, and will make about $400,000 per year. You'd be mentally challenged to call it a meme, meaning people here will object to it very openly being that about 4/5ths of the users here are mentally challenged.
>>
File: 1471542850123.jpg (81KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1471542850123.jpg
81KB, 600x536px
>>1490400
>he thinks 400k is a lot
>>
>>1490403
400K is a lot for the level of responsibility.

Also Derm is an easy speciality. It's no Rheumaholiday but it's close. Derm products are temporary because of the nature of skin, leading to returning patients with the same problems, leading to easy sales for pharmaceutics.
>>
>>1489969
I'm from central Europe. I'm doing a residency in Neurology. Due to shortage of doctors in Europe, work conditions and pay have improved significantly over the past years. Next year there will be no more exceptions from the EU law that limits doctors' average working hours to an average 48 per week.
Overall it's a nice job if you like people. Patients are from all walks of life, and there are a vast number of other professions you routinely work with. Nurses, administration, support staff, doctors from other specialties, and all of those come in various ranks of seniority. Many of your colleagues are highly intelligent, determined people that got their shit together to a degree unfathomable to most of the teenagers on this board.
You gotta stomatch a lot of death and decay in my specialty though, and if you do clinical work, as one colleague's doctor uncle once put it rather dramatically, "you lose your soul".

I like it, I get more money than I need, lots of social status, and I kind of get to see what people really are made of. It changes how you see yourself, how you see life and death. Plus you can do science, which gives a nice balance.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.