[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/, my mom recently gave me $300 and told me to only invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1437414472619.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1437414472619.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Hi /biz/, my mom recently gave me $300 and told me to only invest it, but I have no clue about good entry-level stockbrokers, everything seems to be 1k or higher minimum.
>>
Robinhood.
Or try investing in yourself
>>
>>1489964
Buy chink stuff from Aliexpress and sell at x9000 profit.
>>
>>1489966
>Robinhood
lol, she said invest it, not piss it away
>>
>>1489964
open a vanguard brokerage account and buy some index fundst. i don't think there's a minimum and the fees are negligible. don't fall for the stock trading meme
>>
>>1489998
>300 dollars
>fees negligible
>lose 11 years worth of vanguard gains just opening the account.
>>
>>1489988
>entry-level stockbrokers
Who do you suggest that won't bar the OP based on starting minimum then?
>>
>>1490016
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/waggoner/2012/12/13/investing-waggoner-small-amounts-money/1766921/
>>
>>1489964
>Use the $300 to buy a suit, resume help, etc.
>Get a job. Any job.
>Make $400 back in the first week if doing minimum wage work. More if you got a better job.
>Continue
You will never make returns like that trading stocks. Investing takes a lot of money to make real money. Each dollar doesn't make that much, but when you have a lot of them you can actually get somewhere.
>>
>>1490116
If you need nice threads and and a professsional review of your resume for an intervieq, you probably also ned experience in the field you're applying
>>
>>1490116
This is actually the best investment you can make right now.

>>1489964
since it's found money, you should speculate on cryptos. max risk, max reward. if she insists on stocks, buy $300 worth of alcoa (AA) and hold. sell at 6% profit after the split and buy something else.
>>
File: 1446794495027.jpg (13KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
1446794495027.jpg
13KB, 208x208px
>>1490314
>Cryptocurrency

And what is the best way of investing into those?
>>
>>1490344
OP, please don't fall for the meme.

>>1490116 is the only advice you should be looking at. If you are not old enough, save it.
>>
>>1490344
buy bitcoin on coinbase.
transfer bitcoin to poloniex.com
buy coins with bitcoin.

>>1490365
I'm assuming his mother gave him $300 and is requiring him to invest it. Cryptos are perfect for him. If he loses it, he lost nothing. If they go up 1000% as only cryptos can, he makes bank.

alternatively, start a roth ira if you are 15-18. use 300 to get you started and contribute what you can regularly. you'll be in good shape come retirement.
>>
Step 1. Buy bitcoin
Step 2. Put $100 of it in LaraBOT on telegram
Step 3. Get 3% daily forever
Step 4 profittt!??!?
Step 5. Ponzi collapses
>>
>>1489988
If all you're interested in is buying stocks and forgetting about them for a few months (or years) then I don't see why you wouldn't use Robinhood. You don't need real-time tools to hold stock for 5 years.
>>
>>1489964
Anyone below 18 is not allowed on 4chan. If you're above 18, then this is pretty pathetic...
>>
Spend all $300 on personal finance books. Give her a $300 iou at 10% apr annd make monthly payments to her. Both confuse and impress her.

Also learn money management and fh need to oay her will drive u to get a oart time job and study

Gl anon.
>>
Just save it for your education.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.