[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wanting to break into a very niche business where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1473102551450.jpg (31KB, 388x532px) Image search: [Google]
1473102551450.jpg
31KB, 388x532px
I've been wanting to break into a very niche business where only 2 small companies compete. The companies began around the same time--a few years ago, and they make about 1 mil/yr in sales with a fairly minimal employee base.
I've attempted to reach out to both companies over facebook, their official websites and meeting in person with their sales reps, but they aren't interested in taking in anyone new or giving out information on how they create their products....
So I have been teaching myself how to make the product to create a portfolio and show them my ideas. I'm in the last two semesters of my B.S., and the process is kinda tough considering my knowledge base, but I'm making progress.

When and if I ever get to the point of being a potential candidate for either company, how should I proceed?
>>
Obviously start your own company and undercut them with illegal immigrant labour/chinese manufacturing, then once they are out of business raise your prices.
>>
>>1485763
Other than the illegal part this is solid advice.

if you can take a chunk of their sales from them they'll quickly try to buy you out. Even if you're just a threat they'll likely make you an offer or two. Either way, it's then up to you- take their offer and maybe go to work for them, or keep right on eating their breakfast until they work for you.

personally I went the second route- over the years I've bought out or competed out more small businesses than I have fingers and toes.
>>
>>1485795
I was thinking of this also. The process they use to create their product uses 3D printing, and the price is pretty high IMO, although I'm not sure what filament they use.

Currently researching ways to make my own filament through recycling and such. Thanks for the confirmation, that's great to hear you've had success!
>>
File: 1468699303816.jpg (154KB, 548x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1468699303816.jpg
154KB, 548x1012px
>>1485829
Looked into outsourcing it to China?
>>
File: 1472095842153.jpg (473KB, 2048x1536px)
1472095842153.jpg
473KB, 2048x1536px
>>1485841
Not sure if I could do that, this is a custom job
>>
>>1485860
Just bee urself :)
>>
>>1485860

Whats the product? Chinese can custom anything
>>
>>1485890
Draggin Dildoughs
>>
>>1485909
And now we have the punch line folks.
>>
>>1485909
this can't be OP
>checks tag
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>1485909
China will make custom dildos 4 u
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.