[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is being fit, having good hair, and dressing well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

How important is being fit, having good hair, and dressing well when it comes to getting a job? I feel like it's like 50% of the interview
>>
>>1484344
Actually it's more than half. If you aren't put together when you go to the interview you might as well go buy a lottery ticket, because you've got about the same chance of winning as you do of being hired. Get your shit together OP.
>>
...have you seen engineers?
>>
It's all about the face.
>>
>>1484344
It's maybe 15-20%.

If you can show you're qualified and you're a good fit to the culture, they're really not gonna give a shit if you're below average in the composition department.

As long as you're not fucking 2/10, greasy dreads, dirty clothes, and 300lbs, it's mildly important.
>>
If you're a man? Not very. As long as you're not comically ugly, nobody cares.

If you're a woman, it matters a great deal.
>>
>>1484390
Have you seen how that one well dressed engineer who is .01% as competent get the higher salary, managerial position and promotions.
Why is this.

Because he can Sell. He sold himself. Now he will sell for Operations/R+D

For Hiring, Personality matters more, but for Money and personal Success. It matters a great deal.

Also, its a job interview for christs sake. Good fitting clothes, and a haircut are a bargain compared to your possible salary.

Its fucking laborday everything everywhere is on sale.
http://www.indochino.com/
and find the best haircut guy in town.
>>
File: scv.jpg (10KB, 173x171px) Image search: [Google]
scv.jpg
10KB, 173x171px
>>1484557
How much does a haircut cost in the US? Here on my country is cheap af so I usually cut my hair once a month.
>>
Assuming you are a man:

In life 50% of your success is due to looks. The other half your actions.

So yah looking good matters. There's 2 exceptions: being a fucking genius or you have amassed so much power that your looks are hardly relevant.
>>
>>1484557
getting a haircut and $200 suit for interviews is one thing

OP seems to be implying you actually have to be attractive to succeed
no one who comes into work every day in slacks is getting a raise over me coming in in a hoodie
>>
>>1485234
Sorry bud but you definitely won't make it
>>
>>1484344
It's important for so many reasons.

People will like you more. It shows you have an understanding of how the world works. It shows you probably have good genetics. It shows you make good choices. It shows you know how to work hard. It shows you value your life and want to make the most of it.

It also gives you confidence. People will respect you. You will be given more opportunities.

I have never regretted hiring someone who is fit, great hair, well dressed, with an overall great, meticulously crafted appearance.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.