[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>21 years old >In army >25k in bank >Making about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1471826755505-mu.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471826755505-mu.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>21 years old
>In army
>25k in bank
>Making about 1500 a month after taxes
>no kids or wife or anything
>literally no expenses other than my phone
How do I maximize muh money?
Im using /o/ to buy a car, im gunna try to buy an old truck or some shit under 5k because it snows hella lot here, so ill have an insurance expense soon
How much cash should I keep on hand? What book can I read to get into the basics of investing and trading? I put 100$ a month into my TSP now
>>
>>1484310
This one is pretty good to start.
I also would recommend to buy some index stuff and get some experience. You can't do to much harm when buying dips from big companies.
Do some research first though if it is something temporarily.
>>
File: 1454819471867.gif (3MB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454819471867.gif
3MB, 200x250px
The Intelligent Investor

by Benjamin Graham
>>
>>1484310
>21 years old
>$1.22 in the bank
>still studying
>can't find a job
>have to live with mom, no money to have fun or even to eat out every now and then

I consider suicide at least 2 times a day.
>>
>>1484310
Also, check out these websites.

http://finviz.com/help/guided-tour.ashx
http://www.investopedia.com/
>>
>>1484318
i feel you bro
>>
>>1484318
Good luck mate. Wasn't to long ago I was in a position similar to yours. Just keep working hard and you eventually come out on top.
>>
File: 1470628300517.jpg (54KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470628300517.jpg
54KB, 640x640px
>>1484341
>just keep working hard meme
>>
>>1484372
I think what anon meant is "keep trying" and do something more other than complain. I was the anon that he replied too and that's what I took away from his words.
>>
File: eggmodel.jpg (134KB, 1072x553px) Image search: [Google]
eggmodel.jpg
134KB, 1072x553px
>>1484318
And if you a job, you will be too tired and depressed at your boring ass job to enjoy your little free time.

You can't win. The only way to balance the pain of a mediocre life would be being good looking.
>>
> be me
> enlist air force meterologist
> hoard cash while everyone else blows their money on shit
> eat at dfac, invest in index funds
> stattioned in europe and travel for cheap
> use TA to get a free business degree. Do homework at work
> ride up one of the greatest bull market in history 09-13
> get out with 60k and a free degree
> buy shitty condo in austin tx, VA loan
> use GI bill to get free MBA and get paid $1700 a mo to get free MBA @ Baylor
> get internship at hedge fund because air force veteran
> fix up shitty condo, airbnb one room (1500 a mo) and ATX property value is increasing 10%-15% a year
> take full time job as a financial analyst working with the CFO (army veteran) of a electronics distribution company

Tfw 250k networth at 29
Tfw any military fag can do this
Tfw military benefits are the golden ticket if you're not a retard
Tfw life is on easy mode
>>
>>1484436
This is 100% true.

USE THE TUITION ASSISTANCE AND GET YOUR DEGREE ASAP. Not only will you be way fucking more prepared when you get out, you will also be promoted way fucking faster while you're still in. In fact, depending on branch, the OTS board is basically guaranteed to let you in if you have a year or two of active service, a clean record, and a college degree.
>>
>>1484445

The best are free CLEP

I used to take them for fun on subjects i barely knew shit about. I CLEPd like 21 credits and used my air force training for credits.
>>
>>1484456

Then i transfered all those bullshit credits to a shitty accreditted online school, then tranfered those credits to a real reputable school
>>
>>1484372

Youre right poor stupid people work hard for money, smart people let their assets and poor peole work hard for them.
>>
>>1484315
I'd get ready to buy some index stuff. Wait until that crash boi
>>
>>1484558
So you're holding off on investing until the crash comes? Or ate you putting your money towards companies that would benifits from the crash ?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.