[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I major in accounting or CS? What is a better choice for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1471744966412.jpg (249KB, 1616x2063px) Image search: [Google]
1471744966412.jpg
249KB, 1616x2063px
Should I major in accounting or CS? What is a better choice for a guy that live's in the UK (Pay, job security etc)..
>>
I think majoring in Counter Strike would be the better option. Those CS tournaments have big money
>>
>>1482490
Haha you asshole
>>
>>1482478

If you think you can get through it, I'd suggest computer science as it's more applicable and the demand for jobs in that sector will remain strong. You might even be able to get into AI/machine learning research, which is gonna be big over the next few decades. Good luck anon
>>
>>1482478
Accounting is one of the most secure job markets you can enter, especially because you can always retrain if you pick a retarded specialization that gets made redundant.

Accountants have existed basically forever and won't go away anytime in our lives. You can find work anywhere that has a functional economy and the pay is decent even for the dumb monkey levels of the job, but can scale up to management class.

CS is good, but there's a lot of traps along that road that will waste years of your life and is generally more competitive
>>
>>1482478
Don't do CS. If you are entering college now, the market will be oversaturated by the time you are done.
>>
Just stopping by to say i would eat her pussy on VR
>>
If you were in the US, I'd say CS. But UK developers get paid pennies
>>
>>1482478
It all depends on whether you go to a good university (top 10) or not.

Ignore the rest of the cucks in this thread, here is some real UK advice.

If you are going to a good university, study whatever you find interesting. You can study philosophy and then get a job with an IB or big 4 if you go to a top 10.

If you are going to a mid to shit-tier university then you are going to have a much harder time getting in to somewhere good. I believe that people find themselves in the roles they are meant for, eventually. Coming from a non-top-10 university, your biggest challenge will be getting through the CV stage. After that, it will be very meritocratic, and you can throw in your true talents and personality.

So my advice for a non-top-10 uni would be to design your CV right now that will give you the best shot at the roles you want, then make that CV become a reality. If you believe an accounting degree will give you your best shot, go for it. Just make sure you won't regret studying the subject. And don't be afraid of being marginalised. Any experience is good experience.
>>
>>1483040
This is good advice rights here

OP, I am also going into my second year of CS at mid tier uni in the UK, if you want any input on how 1st year, I'd happly trade în for more pics like that and maybe the hottest hentai you know
>>
>>1482478
CS and learn accounting on the side. If you really wanted to do accounting for whatever godforsaken reason, you can pick it up and then automate yourself out of job for fun. Thats whats happening in industry currently anyway.
>>
>>1482478
CS.

More demanded skill. Accounting is too normie-tier.

t. Brit in organisation struggling to hire CS grads
>>
>>1483063
Take me senpai, Berkshire?
>>
>>1482478
Don't do CS, unless you become some hipster indie developer with a "casual" work attitude, whatever job you end up in will be extremely stressful.
>>
>>1483063

Hire me you nerd
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.