[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright /biz/ I'm in the market for a new finance job and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1460503175890.jpg (19KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460503175890.jpg
19KB, 640x360px
alright /biz/

I'm in the market for a new finance job and it pisses me off every time I have to fill out that bullshit racial diversity questionnaire. Literally is discrimination against wyte males.

My question is this: should I just start lying on these things and say I am partially hispanic? Is there a way for them to fuck me for doing this/verify? I have a very German last name but I could always say my mom is like 2nd generation from Argentina.

I have good educational and professional credentials and it's still proving to be a pain in the ass to get a job by just responding to job postings.
>>
>>1481763
Just select decline to state; Or other and write human in the space provided.

Both of those remove you from the racial count system so you are diversity neutral as a hire.

I do this as a black guy. It protects me against discrimination pre interview and then after I get the interviewing manager all hyped about hiring a "white speaking black guy" for his division diversity award , I get to cuck him out of his corporate gibmedats.

Best part is watching them break their own backs trying to get me to change it later without saying something un-PC.
>>
>>1481763
>a new finance job and it pisses me off every time I have to fill out that bullshit racial diversity questionnaire. Literally is discrimination against wyte males.

I'm sure you have a very impressive skill set if you're looking for a finance job and your #1 fear is a black guy getting the job over you.
>>
>>1481788
kys where did i say that?

being a minority gives you an advantage in the hiring process. fact. it's why they have the questionnaire on every application.
>>
>>1481783
that's what i have been doing, but what makes you think that is a good blanket strategy?

in my opinion you are seriously fucking yourself by not being honest about it if you arent white. surface level that seems like a good idea, but if you are black it's an advantage and it should be declared.

1. if they are going to discriminate if you are black, fuck them you don't want to work for that and they will trash you when you show up to the interview.
2. if you are accomplished and have a phat resume, it will show that you are a go getter and don't fit the bullshit stereotype.
>>
>>1481844
Pretty sure they have it because they are subject to discrimination lawsuits and being able to demonstrate that their hiring process is merit based is more easily accomplished with proper record keeping. Only certain types of business are eligible for diversity incentives and unless you have a large enough talent pool applying to take advantage of such systems you wont be able to qualify anyway. In reality only when dealing with very large companies with large hr departments do minorities gain anysort of advantage in the hiring process.

If your so sure you are being discriminated against consult an attorney and collect your oppression bucks.
>>
>>1481788
Haven't you heard?
People employ niggers just because they're niggers these days.
It's a form of virtue signalling they use to impress the Tumblr crowd.
>>
>>1481854
>if they are going to discriminate if you are black, fuck them you don't want to work for that and they will trash you when you show up to the interview.

Many people who would discriminate based on race initially will have no further misgivings after they meet you. But prior to personal interaction their stereotypes will dominate.

>if you are accomplished and have a phat resume, it will show that you are a go getter and don't fit the bullshit stereotype.
If they were going to judge me on my merits they wouldnt be discriminating in the first place. I think you are a bit confused.
>>
>>1481863
>>1481857
you don't get discrimination bux for being white.

They do not just do it for explicit diversity incentives (although that is definitely a thing and there are tax advantages to doing business with minority led businesses). It's more of a PR thing. I don't agree that they do it just for lawsuits. If that was the case, it would be too easy to show thru the hiring data that they are disproportionately not hiring minorities. it's very bad from a pr perspective to not be diverse if you re a large business.

>>1481863
I agree with first comment, but second comment doesn't really make sense. your accomplishments and your race are 2 different things. you could have fine accomplishments and there are still people that would discriminate based on race. Not confused, just offering a different perspective.
>>
>>1481863
>Many people who would discriminate based on race initially will have no further misgivings after they meet you. But prior to personal interaction their stereotypes will dominate.

One of the advantages with being black is that you're more likely to get invited to interview even if you might not be one of the best candidates on paper

I think you're missing out on opportunites by not declaring yourself as a black
>>
OP you should probably talk to a lawyer, but he's going to charge a lot of money to tell you it doesn't fucking matter but don't lie on your application because it could turn into a fraud case.

I'm not a lawyer so I'll just tell you: lie. Just fucking lie. They're not going to background check, you're not required to tell them about your home life or your family. They shouldn't ever find out unless you tell them, and even if you do, if you're a good employee they'll just ignore it and leave you on file as a Hispanic because it's easier than re-doing the paperwork or firing you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.