[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way for me to salvage my life after accruing $10,000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1471793638374.png (209KB, 390x519px) Image search: [Google]
1471793638374.png
209KB, 390x519px
Is there any way for me to salvage my life after accruing $10,000 in unpaid tuition my freshman year and being unable to return to school before paying it off?

I mean, other than working 40 hourse/week at McDonald's for 3 years.
>>
Buy ethereum
>>
>>1479716
10k isn't that much... you could save that after working one year.
>>
>>1479716
OP read The Richest Man in Babylon as a start to educate yourself in personal finances. Don't do memes, cryptos and other shills. Get a job, if you already have one start looking for one that pays better. Do you have family? start to do things for them get on their good side then get loans from them have them involve in your affairs of paying that debt and work a payment plan with them where you would pay them in a arrangement. Have things to sell do it. Look for some threads in biz there are people giving free advice about how to do certain things.
>>
>>1479716
Work literally any job for 1 year, or borrow that money from a family member with good credit and pay them off working part time (16+ hours weekly) for 1 year while attending college.

During that year, avoid at least two out of the following three: living alone, owning a car, or eating out. Each one of those is an average expense of 5000 dollars per year, and avoiding any two of them should allow you to save 10k.
>>
>>1479716
Start a philosophy channel on Youtube and pander to libertarians and alt righters
>>
>>1479716
Invest in knee pads and suck 1000 dicks for $10 each.
>>
File: XMR.png (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
XMR.png
30KB, 250x250px
>>1479746
>Don't do memes, cryptos and other shills.

Haha, I stopped reading there
>>
>>1479737
This is implying OP has no expenses and literally can save every penny he earns during the year.

Based on his lack of education and apparent marketable skills, he'll be looking at minimum wage and likely part time hours.
>>
Here's a guide on how not to fuck up your early adulthood in regards to college. It's too late for OP, but I'm hoping some underage b& see this and follow my advice:
Step One: Live with your parents (if possible) after high school and work a part-time (or preferably full-time job) while attending your local community college, stuffing as much money away as possible
Step Two: Once you've obtained your Associate's or even just around sixty credits, transfer to the cheapest reputable university that will take you, again with a preference to somewhere that you can commute to
Step Three: Make sure to declare your major as something that will make you eminently employable in the job market (STEM or business; no humanities or liberal arts).
Step Four: Work your fucking ass off to secure an internship in the summer after your junior year. Check to see if your university offers relevant summer classes that will work with your daily schedule.
Step Five: Make it through your senior year (try to stack the harder senior-level courses in your fall semester so you can focus on finding a job in the spring semester), keep your cumulative GPA above 3.0, and enjoy walking out of school with "only" around $20k in debt
>>
>>1479822
>not an arguement
>>
>>1480654

Are you fucking retarded? From a third world country or something? Like what the fuck? How did you even get onto the internet to post this?
>>
>>1481987
He's right. Working 40 hours a week at $8 an hour after taxes is barely 15k a year, probably even less. Let's say OP is in a fantastic living situation and can cover ALL his living expenses for $600 a month, that includes rent, food, car, utilities, phone etc, and doesn't spend a single cent on anything fun. That's at least $7,000 a year spent on living, which is half his total salary.

It'd probably take him 2 years to pay it back
>>
>>1480681
this is good advice. if your high school offers AP courses, go all out on that. I took so many damn AP courses that I only have to go to college for 2.5 years. Majoring in CS. Was gonna go to UT but realized TXST is way cheaper. gonna graduate in winter of 2017. my goal is to have $20,000 by the time I graduate from stock market. probably wont happen but so far im on track based on the deadlines i wrote out
>>
I was 15,000$ in debt with no degree out of it. Currently owe 13,000. A few hundred dollars a month is no big deal. Whats wrong with making the minimum payments for the next 20 years?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.